Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 77642 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2006, 08:47:39 AM »
Quote from: The Blue Toad link=topic=9640.msg442433#msg442433 date=1155358837
Anyone here know why Cartoon Network's slogan is "Yes."?  :p
[/quote

I never understod that. I miss their old slogans. :(
Pokemon has also been moved to Boomerang. :(
That means that Boomerang will go the route of Toon Disney. :(
Meaning that I'll never be able to see any more good cartoons on TV again. :(

« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2006, 03:49:40 PM »
"Yes" comes from that elephant demon named Fred Fredburger from the Billy & Mandy special Keeper of the Reaper. It also comes from the imaginary friend Cheese from Foster's Home. Both also seem to be mentally retarded.

As for The Chef's little dilemma, that's what DVD sets were created for. Most of the good toons are already on DVD or making their way to it. The only thing you need to do now is find a job that pays well, since most of the sets seem to be in the range of 25 to 50 dollars.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2006, 04:33:43 AM »
I highly suggest you all read John K's explanation of what cartoons really are. Note that there are barely any today. Bimbo's Initiation in particular makes me want to weep when looking at the current stock of "cartoons".

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2006, 10:30:04 AM »
That explanation was kick-awesome. It happens to be a topic that I was thinking of for quite a while.

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »
It's too bad it comes from the guy who hasn't worked on anything in a long time and sounds so full of himself. Last I heard he's making money off selling cels of Ren & Stimpy on eBay.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »
Either way, those are good standards for cartoons.

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2006, 03:26:59 AM »
It's too bad it comes from the guy who hasn't worked on anything in a long time and sounds so full of himself. Last I heard he's making money off selling cels of Ren & Stimpy on eBay.

What are you talking about? He's working on stuff constantly. The Ren & Stimpy Lost Episodes (which just came out) are mostly new, he's pitching a brand new show (which you would know if you actually had read more of the blog, or anything about him), he's doing music videos for Weird Al and Tenacious D, he's setting up shows like the one in the post I linked, etc., etc.

And full of himself or not, he's right.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2006, 09:08:04 AM »
He is most certainly right. Too bad I don't really enjoy a ton of "cartoons," apparently.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2006, 06:06:27 PM »
I just bought Volume 1 of the Animaniacs.  Ah, precious memories!  And it's so much funnier now that I can understand the cultural references.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2006, 06:16:42 PM »
I finally got the SMB:SS DVDs, but my computer DVD player stopped working, so I havent watched it yet.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2006, 09:01:12 PM »
I have those DVD's too.  I got them cause I'm a Nintendo junkie who was only 1 year old when the SMBSS and LoZ originally aired.

I love cartoons even to this day.  I love them so much that I can't list all of my personal favorites, but I can say that I grew up with "The Simpsons" and "Rocky and Bullwinkle."  Remember with some TV stations would air cartoons on weekday afternoons?  I sure remember sitting down to watch Digimon or Gargoyles, etc. after a long day of School.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2006, 09:13:25 PM »
I used to watch the original pokemon alot, I remember having a small book thing, you would buy pictures of pokemons, and pastes them in thier correct spots. I also remeber inside bags of chips, they used to be some sort of disk thing with pokemon on them, I had a HUGE collection of those, I still own some, you would play games with them and win others chips. I would explain the game if I remembered, that had a huge populariy everywhere.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »
I have a collection of the older Pokemon eps on VHS.  We don't get the WB where I live. :( Not that it matters now.  The newer seasons of the Pokemon anime really suck.  But I still love the seasons of the first few regions: Kanto, Orange Islands (despite Tracey's habbit of stating the obvious) and Johto (to a certain extent).  Oh, and I loved the first three movies.  I used to collect the trading cards too.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »
Who could forget Digimon? I loved that show as a kid. The ever changing, always interesting story was great. The digimon, themselves, were cool. The digi-world was so mysterious, wacky and awesome. That show was pure ownage!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »
I loved the first two seasons, but the newer ones got confusing.  It felt like if you missed just one episode, you got completely lost.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print