Print

Author Topic: Best. Assignment. Ever  (Read 2859 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:50:11 AM »
Fore my school history class, I have what is most likely the best assignment ever assigned, except maybe for a mandatory trip to a kitten factory/arcade on the moon. My job is to think up two scenarios that involve two factions or countries that, while they never met in reality, are somehow involved in a war. Naturally, I chose Ninjas vs. Pirates without even thinking, and then when I had to think of the other scenario, Vikings vs. Samauri.
But here's the catch: I'm not allowed to stick in any extra awesomeness, like dinosaurs or jetpacks or time travel, and I must make it as realistic as possible. As for the NVP scenario, I've so far come up with something where a pirate ship smuggling illegal goods into a port in Japan inadvertantly PO's some ninjas, and they fight. I've got nothin' for the VVS thing.
Anyway, the main purpose of this thread is to brag about how awesome my assignment is.
every

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:45:51 AM »
Awesome, man.

I've got nothin' for the VVS thing.

How about the Vikings invade Japan or wherever the samurais live and strike a deal with the samurais to open some sort of trade agreemant. Then, the vikings begin stealing a lot of Japan's natural resources. The samurais are angry, and wage war on the vikings. How does that sound?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:57:16 AM »
The plural of "samurai" is "samurai".
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 04:41:10 PM »
Just like Pok?mon!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 01:23:14 AM »
Could this be across time?

I'd like to take the USSR during the Stalin years versus present day Cuba for one and for the other I'd likely choose the Native Americans from the mid 1700s versus Germany circa 1941. I think both could be interesting.

I wish I had this assignment!!!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »
But here's the catch: I'm not allowed to stick in any extra awesomeness, like dinosaurs or jetpacks or time travel, and I must make it as realistic as possible.

Could this be across time?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 01:24:32 PM »
think up two scenarios that involve two factions or countries that, while they never met in reality, are somehow involved in a war.
Yes, AB could do it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
I think he meant that time travel couldn't be used as a weapon of war (going back in time and killing the founder of ninja-ism) but could be used to set up the neccessarily fictional conflict between two sides that never met.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 03:29:21 PM »
I've figured out the scenario for the Vikings vs. Samauri thing. It's simple: While travelling by boat to pillage a country, the Vikings are swept off-course and instead land in Japan, and procede to pillage and whatnot. The only effective force against the Vikings is the elite army of Samauri at the Emperor's disposal; the Samauri then kick butt accordingly. Not too creative (some time-travelling RoboRaptors could've really spiced it up), but semi-plausible.
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
I am saddened to alert you that there were indeed pirates in the East.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print