Print

Author Topic: Dissention  (Read 4731 times)

« on: August 30, 2001, 07:21:42 AM »
Has anyone noticed that gradually, all of Bowser's allies have left him for Mario's side (or neutrality)?

Kind of sad, really.
Bowser's castles keep getting blown to bits, all his friends leave him, his kinds have stopped coming around, poor guy seems to fail at every  ting he tries.

Maybe he wasn't evil to begin with? Maybe he had such a horrible run-of-bad-luck he lost his final marble and flipped out; taking out his agression by kidnapping princesses and stomping stuff.

Or maybe he's just a jerk, I dunno.

His size is kind of inconsistant, too.  In Super Mario 64 he's about 15 feet tall by the look of things, but in SMRPG he's only about 6 ft. tall. Then in Paper Mario he grows to roughly 8 feet tall and then AGAIN to probably around 12 or 15 feet.

If there's some explanation for this that someone has concocted, please share!

I think it's connected to his self confidance somehow, the more self-assured, the larger he gets.

Just a thought.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2001, 07:25:09 AM »
Well they are probably tired of getting beat up so much.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2001, 07:29:25 AM »
I've never sen Bowser beat up on his own guys, not until they started doing their own thing (eg Koopas in Mario Parties).

Unless you're referring to Mario's beating up on them, in which case you'd have a point...

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2001, 07:31:47 AM »
yes, i ment Mario beating them up. It would also make sence if Bowser beat them up for losing all the time.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2001, 07:35:08 AM »
Jeez, sounds like nobody's in the right. Mario for beating them senseless for being in his way; Bowser smakcing them around for getting beaten the first time, and they aren't too hot because a large army of Koopa Troopers cant beat one plumber.

How sad.
The Conquerer
The Villain
The Incompetents
What a bunch :)

(Not that they're bad characters or anything...)

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2001, 07:40:09 AM »
Well it is kinda odd taht a plumber can beat monster turtles. Then again he isn't a normal plumber. But if you ask me, Bowser will probably get stronger enemies soon.Maybe in Mario Sunshine?

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2001, 07:43:14 AM »
Perhaps. He had some pretty mean troopers in Paper Mario, too. The Crystal King, Tubba Blubba (quite ingenious, that whole heart-transplant thing), TutanKoopa was a neat guy, if not very nice...
----------
I still don't belive they're calling it Mario Sunshine.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2001, 07:46:29 AM »
Ya in Paper Mario he had the toughest enemies he ever had! Gulputs were pretty strong. And HUFF N PUFF!!!!!!!!! He's unbeleiveable. Once it took me 3 tries to beat him. next time it took once and the last time i tried it took once.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2001, 07:56:32 AM »
Kamek did a pretty good job of putting together an army when Bowser was a kid. What do you suppose happened to them? You know the bunch; Enep-Nuts was it? Lava-Blarrgs...
General Guy was a pain if you don't think to use Watt.

Hey, just think: If Bowser trained a small army or NinjaKoopas, he'd rock!
IF Bowser was a NinjaKoopa, he'd rock!

Well, food for thought.

Incedentally: Is Watt a guy or a girl? I've heard... uhh.. him/her... Watt referred to as both, and it's personality doesn't lean one way or the other.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2001, 08:00:32 AM »
Watt is a girl. Mario would be long gone by now if Bowser was a Ninjakoopa. Those guys in SMW2 are probably gone becasue Kameks gone. I think they really followed Kamek's orders. General Guy I think u can only beat with Watt but I"m not sure. I only faought him with Watt.

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2001, 08:13:15 AM »
I beat General Guy the first time with charged hammer attacks and a jump from time to time. I used bow to hide from the electric attacks until the bulb broke.

Do you suppose Kamek was the first Magikoopa? All the Paper Mario or SMW magikoops would be his decendants. Obviously there can be female koopas, example being Kammy Koopa.

The events of SMW2 must have taken place some twenty to fourty years ago, though. It's hard to tell Mario's age.
----------
On an unrelated note: I liked Luigi's diary; but which do you think was the best entry?

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2001, 08:20:13 AM »
If bowser had his own country, what do you suppose it would be like?

A large population,  I guess.
I mean, there are other nations other than the Mushroom Kingdom, it would seem.

Booster had his little plot. Moleville wasn't part or the Kingdom, I think.
I don't believe Dry Dry Outpost or Shiver City we're part of the Kingdom, either.
Dinosaur wasn't a part of the kindom I think.

Bowser had the right idea with THe Valley Of Bowser in SMW1, all he has to do is build on his ideas from SMW1.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2001, 09:00:18 AM »
I think it would be pretty big with all the enemies he had. I would suspect it would be like Gusty Gultch only always dark

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2001, 06:40:05 PM »
I don't know...
It would be dark. No question about that.
But it would probably befilled with some pretty cool stuff; airships (courtesy SMB3), maybe something with lava. The evolution machine (from The Super Mario Brothers Movie). At least one big honkin' castle.

The decor would be really tacky, but if you can get around that then it might be a neat place. If you don't mind being oppressed, that is.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2001, 07:01:16 PM »
Bowser gets bigger because the Magikoopas make him bigger. Magikoopas are some regular turtle creatures that happen to have been trained in the art of magic.

My two favorite Luigi diary entries are:
1. I heard a ghost appeared in Toad Town today. Since you're my secret diary, I'll tell you a secret. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate ghosts!
2. I heard I have a lot of fans. I should have a game of my own. My name would have to be in the title. That would be sweet.

Keep in mind, when this game came out, nobody knew about Luigi's Mansion.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print