Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 101319 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »
GAAH SPOILERS. I already saw that by accident on GoNintendo, but still!

...I normally wouldn't care, but since this game's plot is probably going to be tracing paper-thin, literally any new game implements are secrecy-worthy.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2010, 11:28:52 AM »
I'm still wondering why this one wasn't called Super Mario Universe, unless they're leaving even more room for expansion.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »
If you're trying to protect yourself from SMG2 spoilers why are you reading a thread titled, "Super Mario Galaxy 2"?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
Good point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2010, 03:28:54 PM »
I'm still wondering why this one wasn't called Super Mario Universe, unless they're leaving even more room for expansion.

Because Mario doesn't go through the universe, but through the solar system ("Worlds" being planets, "Galaxies" being natural satellites). Look:

« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »
Another new trailer

Featuring Cloud Mario in action, the 2P co-op mode, and the Cosmic Guide featuring...Rosalina!

This game just can't come soon enough.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2010, 03:21:16 PM »
Rosalina!

Although in this context, half of what made the character great still won't be there. 

...eh.  Who am I to complain about it?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
I'm wondering whether Cloud Mario's supply regenerates after using all three of the clouds which initially trail behind him.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:39:34 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
So galaxies apparently orbit planets... who said mainstream Mario games can't be educational?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »
the Cosmic Guide featuring...Rosalina!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Meh. As long as it's completely optional, and only appears if you really suck need help, like in New SMBW.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »
I'm wondering whether Cloud Mario's supply regenerates after using all three of the clouds which initially trail behind him.
I looked real close, and nope. When you use all three you go back to normal

[darn], I wish they could've found a way to get Luigi in for 2-player co-op. I miss Super Mario BROTHERS...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
I like how your post implies there was ever co-op in the first place before NSMBW.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2010, 12:08:50 PM »
New transmission:  http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wii (not an all new video though).
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2010, 07:13:50 PM »
It going to be hard to wait until May 23 for this game.  Looks so good...

« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
and the reviews are pouring in.

With such an impressive score, my hopes are at an all time high. This game is definitely looking like a top contender for Game of the Year.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print