Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 101318 times)

« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »
It's still a pretty big coincidence that a galaxy out in space would have the exact same structure as a painting world.

Who cares about that ? There's no canon. In the world of SMG2, it's never said that SM64 happened. Heck, even SMG2 isn't canon to itself, as the intro shows it's only a storybook. It'd seems that SMG was a storybook too, as the narrator says he'll "tell us another story, that also starts during the star rain" or some crap like that. SMB3 isn't canon to itself either, just like the Paper Mario "trilogy".

Also, if I remember well, the "painting worlds" are supposed to actually exist around the planet, with the paintings, holes and stuff being the portals that lead to those "worlds". This is supported by the fact that if you fall from the last secret course (the one in the sky with red coins, I can't remember its name) you land near Peach's castle.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:25:03 AM by Koopalmier »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
How is it that one moment you're discussing what solar system Mario lives in yet now you're saying the games "aren't canon to themselves"? There's no canon to even FIT the games INTO. There's NOTHING that says whether or not games did or didn't "happen". They simply exist. End of discussion.

Secondly, it should be noted that the Over the Rainbow sub-course wasn't accessed through a painting. I think it's heavily implied that all the sub-courses are actually a part of the castle, while some of the main courses exist within the paintings and walls.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
Turtlekid:

While that video was awesome, that's quite an enormous spoiler and it kinda ****ed me off in the end because now I'm totally gonna be expecting that. I'm hoping there's other surprises similar to that so it's not 100% ruined for me and others.

Could you please edit that URL to say "spoiler warning" or something on it for other members that aren't wanting anything spoiled? Thanks.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2010, 03:51:24 PM »
Sure, sorry about that.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »
Nah, its cool

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
If you're trying to protect yourself from SMG2 spoilers why are you reading a thread titled, "Super Mario Galaxy 2"?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2010, 06:18:52 PM »
The title isn't "Super Mario Galaxy 2 Spoilerz", so if any spoiler-tastic material gets brought up in the midst of the thread's original purpose (thoughts, speculations, wish list, etc.), a simple warning would be nice. Besides, I didn't create this thread just to avoid it.

« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2010, 09:45:59 AM »
Only watched a few minutes of that 1UP video (since video buffering is painfully slow on this computer), but I liked every bit of what I saw.  Also, Transmission 16'll probably be out in a couple of hours, if it isn't already.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2010, 08:19:26 PM »
Oh the memories... this makes me want Super Mario Galaxy 2 even more! Thankfully, the release is only 2 days away.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
So I called Gamestop and they said they're opening an hour earlier (10AM) for the release tomorrow. However, I looked at the promotion on Gamestop's main website and it says all participating stores across the whole country will be opening at 9AM. The hell? The Gamestop I called is participating according to the website's store locator, but according to the guy I spoke with, either they're gonna be jack***es and open up an hour later or I was told the wrong information.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »
Maybe it's 9AM Mountain time. (ha?)
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2010, 11:07:56 AM »
Lolz.

Eh, I suppose it kinda didn't matter in the end since I ended up not being able to go until about 11AM.

Anyway, the game is awesome. No spoilers. However, I can reaffirm that the game is well deserving of the 10s it has scored.

Big question: What in the hell is Nintendo gonna do for the next Mario adventure?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:17 AM »
When I heard the music for Hightail Falls Galaxy, I was like "AWWRIGHT!"

« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »
Big question: What in the hell is Nintendo gonna do for the next Mario adventure?

Mario Universe obviously.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print