Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 2  (Read 101279 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy 3. Lord knows what it'll entail.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
Anyone know exactly how the Cosmic Guide feature works?  Like, how many consecutive deaths does it need to be activated, and can it be used on any level?  Also, is there some sort of punishment just for having it appear (like in NSMBW, where your profile stars would lose their shine if the Super Guide appeared)?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2010, 03:39:32 PM »
I'm not sure how many times you need to die, nor do I know if it appears in every Galaxy, but I do know that if you use it the Power Star turns Bronze instead of Gold.

« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2010, 06:47:39 PM »
Regarding whether the Cosmic Guide/Bronze Stars ultimately affect your score, it appears not.

Also, I hate Fluzzard with the burning, passionate rage of 1000 hells. Just thought I'd put that out there.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
I didn't mind Fluzzard nearly as much as the returning Star Ball.  Although I get the nasty feeling they'll both get incredibly hard rehashed versions of their original levels later on.

« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:02 PM »
Oddly enough, I've never minded the Star Ball levels, at least not in comparison to the ray-surfing challenges. Manta Ray, how I loathe thee.

Has anyone else noticed how similar Fluzzard-gliding is to LOZ:TP's fruit balloon minigame?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
At first I didn't like Fluzzard either, but after a few attempts at racing I got the hang of it.  I disliked the Star Ball levels in SMG, but found them easier (so far) in SMG2.  In both types of levels I'd have preferred a horizontal Wiimote configuration like Kororinpa: Marble Mania though.  I can see why they didn't do that with the Nunchuk and having to dis/reconnect it. 

My daughter like using P2 to get the star bits.  She has problems getting it on the screen sometime, but so do I.  We both tend to hold the controllers with a slightly upward tilt.  Since there's no calibration (that I know/remember of) I guess I could try moving the "sensor" bar. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2010, 06:38:37 PM »
The Wii itself has calibration settings (or something to a similar extent), but SMG2 doesn't even have an "Options" menu.

120 Stars get. :3

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
Mario Squared Galaxy sucks.  What was my least favorite star mission in SMG1?  Luigi's Purple Coins!  Which one did they decide to bring back for the sequel?  Luigi's Purple Freaking Coins.

« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »
Once again, I've never found that level (or its aforementioned reincarnation) to be terribly difficult. The lack of flipping panels this time around was a relief, though.

Expect to be mildly disappointed by the post-120th Stars. Just sayin'.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »
At least they're not exactly the same as the first 120...

« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:42 PM »
214 Stars.

« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
I can't freaking beat the purple coin level on the galaxy with the chain chomps and the switching platforms...ugh.

Also anyone else here absolutely hate the screwed up controls when fighting the Megaleg boss? I lost like 5 lives cause of it...

« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »
Yeah, that instant left/right-control reversal can get bothersome in the Digga-Legs fight.

I'm on the last Star, and I'll have you know she's a doozy. In fact, it's an absolute, unrelenting ***** of a level. Think Yoshi's Island bonus levels, times a million. After having lost nearly forty lives to it, my face currently resembles that of my avatar.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #299 on: May 27, 2010, 05:56:01 AM »
I grow weary of seeing "PRANKSTER COMET DETECTED" whenever I enter a Galaxy I haven't gotten all the Green Stars in yet.  Yes, I know there's a Prankster Comet there, that's why I went to that Galaxy in the first place.  Also, I had kind of hoped that we'd see and hear the classic "Star get" animation and music from SM64 after beating Whomp King... still, at least they kept his dialogue the same.

Is it that bad, Weegee?  Taking out all those Boomerang Bros. while being bombarded with hammers from their brethren looked like the only truly difficult part.  Hm.  That statement came out oddly alliterative.

Anyone else tried out the infinite flutter jump glitchI used it to get Green Star 2 in Bowser's Galaxy Generator - I still have no idea how to get that thing legitimately.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:07:45 AM by Turtlekid1 »

Print