Print

Author Topic: Nintendo stock dazzles as Nikkei climbs again.  (Read 3186 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: April 06, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »
Videogame maker Nintendo Co. Ltd. surged ahead of an expected dividend increase.

The hottest stock of the day (Wednesday) was Nintendo, which shot up to end 3.6 percent higher at ¥12,250. Shortly before the close on the Osaka Securities Exchange, it confirmed a report it would pay a dividend of ¥270 for the year ended in March, ¥130 higher than a year earlier.

It also lifted its net profit estimate for the same year to ¥82 billion ($757.4 million) from ¥70 billion.

Quoted from: http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/06/news/international/markets_japan.reut/index.htm

According to Deezer and/or MEGAߥTE the "Latest news" forum is for "The latest developments in Mario’s world."  I'm taking a slight stretch with this post and considering news about Nintendo to count as news in Mario's world since Mario would not exist without Nintendo.  If I stretched too far I am sure one of them will let me know.

Edited by - Luigison on 4/6/2005 6:19:45 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 07:37:16 PM »
More Nintendo news from Nintendo.com:

Interactive entertainment fans soon will have a first-ever destination to immerse themselves in their favorite games: the Nintendo World Store. Planned for a spring opening in New York City's Rockefeller Center, the two-story mega-complex will showcase the best of Nintendo, the worldwide leader in interactive entertainment.

Nintendo World will also be the new home of Pokemon Center, which will feature exclusive Pokemon merchandise and host special Pokemon events (visit pokemon.com to get the latest news and updates). Pokemon Center at Nintendo World will continue to be the official headquarters for everything Pokemon.

The Nintendo World Store will be a place where visitors can check out the best new and unreleased games for Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance SP at high-end sampling bars and interactive stations. Visitors will enjoy two floors of all things Nintendo, such as games, merchandise, accessories, DVDs and trading cards for the wildly popular Pokemon franchise. Stay tuned to nintendoworldstore.com for updates.

Edit: Leaving off a single quotation mark can really screw up the board.

Edited by - Luigison on 4/6/2005 7:47:15 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:40:19 PM »
*severely wets himself a third time* Not again!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 07:27:35 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 08:50:55 AM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 12:25:06 PM »
>"Exclusive Nintendo DSâ„¢, Game Boy® Advance SP, Nintendo GameCube and Pokémon merchandise not found at any other store in the world."

Nuts! I need to go to New York to see what exclusive stuff they're talking about. Pity there's not Nintendo World in Seattle.

Edited by - Suffix on 5/14/2005 11:25:22 AM

Print