Print

Author Topic: Help me prevent a disaster. . . [if you're out there, Deezer, please read]  (Read 5215 times)

« on: March 25, 2001, 03:28:27 PM »
As some of you may already know, Deezer has hinted at making two additions to the character profile section.  One being Daisy, the other. . . my arch-nemisis.  Yes, Deezer is considering putting Son of Stench Waluigi in the profile section, making Waluigi part of "the group."  I can't let this happen, and as Mario fans YOU can't let this happen.  Let's take a quick look at characters that DESERVE a spot in Deezer's profile section:

1. Donkey Kong Jr.-  His story is an enigma.  Is he the son of Cranky Kong?  Is he the son of "Super" Donkey Kong?  Is he the *original* Donkey Kong Jr.?  Come on, a character as cool (and flat out confusing) as the son of Mario's original nemesis (and part of Mario's big break into videogame fame) should have a spot in the profiles, no?

2. The Koopa Kids- Yeah, all of 'em in one profile is fine, just as long as they get in somehow!  These were the bosses for two of Mario's best games, but they've just disappeared mysteriously. . . Their memory must live on Deezer!  Don't let some of Mario's coolest enemies go forgotten.

3. Kamek-  One of my personal all-time favorite characters who played a huge role in one of my all-time favorite games, Yoshi's Island.  Poor Kamek hardly gets the recognition he deserves, primarily because he was thrown out of Mario Kart 64 at the last second.  Had that not happened, we probably would've seen him reprise his role as Bowser's right-hand man in Paper Mario, but sadly, he was pushed out to make room for a stupid old hag in purple.  Again, we can't let a victim of Nintendo's weird circumstances slip away into the Purgatory/Limbo/Black-hole realm of Geno, Tatanga and Smithy.

Thanks for listening :D

ps-Daisy's fine, I don't mind if she's in there. :)

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 03:44:29 PM »
Eventually maybe we'll have all of them, but it's Deezer's site and so what he says goes.

Plus - Waluigi is so funny ^_^

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 05:21:33 PM »
I like Waluigi, he's pretty cool, besides it might mean Luigi only games :)

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2001, 12:40:24 AM »
The question isn't as much as to whether we LIKE the character, but whether they are a major player...

Waluigi and Daisy seem to be being fitted to make it into the "long haul"... both are appearing in Mario Party 3, which is supposed to highlight the major characters. I am rather sure they will both appear in some kind of launch Mario sports game on the Game  Cube...

Kamek has only appeared in one game... Magikoopas are all over, but Kamek has 1 game. Same with Wart.

The Koopalings seem to be gone. Thus, they are no longer major characters.

I think Deezer is waiting to see if Waluigi and Daisy appear in any more games ... I'm pretty sure Waluigi will, and I hope Daisy will. Heck, if there IS a "Luigi's Mansion" game on the Game Cube for launch... Daisy and Waluigi would seem to make sense, wouldn't they?

Let's do the Mario, all together now!

http://codebook.stals.com
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2001, 02:38:36 PM »
My point is, Waluigi has not played a role in a Mario adventure title.  Something Donkey Kong Jr., the Koopa Kids, and Kamek have all done.  And I think until its confirmed that Waluigi is playing a role in a Mario adventure, he should be kept out of the profiles.

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2001, 01:57:13 PM »
Daisy was the girl who was captured by Tatanga (the space alien) in Super Mario Land . She is an official Nintendo character. As for Waluigi, I think he needs to go... because he is just an evil clone of Luigi. Since Wario is Mario's evil friend, and Waluigi is Luigi's evil freind - then is Waluigi related to Wario?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2001, 04:08:25 PM »
Daisy appeared in the SMB movie.  We want the Koopa Kids and Kamek back though.  The Koopa Kids were so cool.  And I would have liked to play as Kamek in MK64 yet I wouldn't want to have to sacafice him for DK.  Get rid of Yoshi would have worked for me.  The koopa kids are by far more inportant than either Daisy or Waluigi.  If he ads profiles for these then he should do one for Stanley the Bugman for he is an official mario character too and he is VERY VERY important.  He appears in DK3 and multiple pirate games in Asia.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2001, 05:29:03 PM »
I remember seeing Princess Daisy in one of the "Super Mario Bros." cartoon shows, but noone else remembers her so maybe she was  in of one of my old "Mario" comics and I just thought it was the cartoon series.

Anyway Daisy was the Sarasaland princess from "Super Mario Land" that all the fans wanted back for continuity reasons.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2001, 02:51:49 PM »
I can't be the only one who doesn't want to see Waluigi in the profiles, can I?

-----------------------

"Mama mia!"

=ßïllý ¢hîll¥=
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2001, 01:37:24 AM »
Well, I agree that other characters possibly deserve the spot more than Waluigi, but personally it doesn't bother me. After all, I'd quite like to see a Waluigi profile.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2001, 10:18:54 AM »
...But what kind of a name is Waluigi? Wario is just Mario's name spelled with an upside down M. There is no M in Luigi so they should flip the L in Luigi's name to spell "Ruigi"... But that would be silly wouldn't it?

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2001, 10:37:58 PM »
Ruigi? That would be Buigi's evil nemisis, not Luigi's. Duh!

When your fingers and hands turn blue, you''ll now that I am there, watching you.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2001, 10:37:24 AM »
Whenever I try to flip the L, it doesn't form ANY letter. It just forms something that looks similar to Fuigi except without that extra line. So I don't see how people would think of Ruigi or Buigi.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2001, 11:16:24 AM »
Waluigi?
I think he should be in Character profiles!!!!

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2001, 12:58:26 PM »
I also think that the Koopa kids deserve a place in the profiles. Even though they where only in a few games, the where a mager part of the Super Mario Bros.3, and Super Mario World, cartoon serieses.

It would also be nice if Kamek had a profile.

But I would also like if Waluigy, and Daisy, had a profile too.

I used to be ZimStar. If anyone knows how to drop my olf acount please tell me. Thanks.

Print