Print

Author Topic: Support the Mother/Earthbound Series! (KEEP ALIVE)  (Read 8680 times)

« on: March 21, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »
It's incrimination. Mother 3 and Mother 1 have been released in Japan. The Earthbound Masterpiece is missing from Brawl. Earthbound is not being released on the Virtual Console. It's time to fight back!

These are your options:

1# Call Nintendo of America:
Known as PK Call'n, Calling Nintendo of America is one of your best options. Simply call the toll free number: 1-800-255-3700, press 0 to speak to a real person, and ask what has happened to Mother 3, where the Earthbound demo in Brawl is, and why no Mother on the Virtual Console.

2# Mail to Nintendo of America:
Best using fan art, mail your questions/complaints to Nintendo of America.

3# Confront Nintendo at a recognized event(E3, etc.)
Find a advertising Nintendo repersentitive. Ask him questions about Mother. You might even find Reggie Fils-Aime. Smack him hard with Mother Questions.

Do what you can to support the Mother series! Call every day! Do not stop calling until Nintendo listens.
(Kudos to Starmen.net, where you can further support Mother)

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »
We should ask John Hargrave to do this in the style of one of his funny prank calls
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »
No, we want Nintendo to take us seriously, not as joker's with no real goal.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
Why won't they release them outside of Japan? I'm dead serious here, does anybody know at all? I mean, with the whole "casual" thing at this point, maybe it makes sense to keep it dead (in America), but they could've at least picked up the slack a few years back. Is it an issue of translation? Too many other games like it by other companies? The fact that hippies were enemies and Ness walked around naked in Mother 2? Why do they put so many references to it in the Smash Bros. series if there's been a grand total of one game from the series in America? God help me, WHY?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »
NOA took EarthBound's original promotion too literally.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »
...What was the promotion? I mean, I know it came with a player's guide, but...

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:39:02 AM »
Why won't they release them outside of Japan?

They must have their reasons as to why they aren't releasing them outside of Japan. Although at this moment, I can't really think of them.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
Since they always release the games at the end of a system's American lifespan, they're afraid the games won't sell well so they don't want to spend the money to make them here.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
Well, they could always release it for the virtual console...

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »
...What was the promotion? I mean, I know it came with a player's guide, but...
"This game stinks." I know, I had Nintendo Power back when EarthBound came out. To promote the game, the magazine had some scratch-and-smell stickers. One smelled like old pizza. Another like... I think smelly gym socks. And something pungent for the one with the picture of Master Belch on it. I think the Player's Guide had scratch-and-smell stickers too, I don't know since I never got it.

In hindsight, I don't know why the heck they chose to promote EarthBound that way. Maybe it was to make the game seem as weird as possible. I know I found it interesting since the promotion stood out from anything else the magazine had ever done (but then, I was the kid who eagerly snatched up all the super player power whatever cards at the end of some of the magazines).

So, Nintendo seemed enthusiastic about EarthBound at first. Then through disappointing sales, they buried it under the sand.

Although this doesn't explain to me why they later decided to have one issue with two pages of coverage on EarthBound 64. Granted, that's a pitiful amount of coverage, but they recognized the game at least.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:35:46 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »
The point is, they must know how much we like it if they put a combined total of two characters, three stages, and multiple other references based on the series in the Smash Bros. games. That, and they can't be blind to all the online gripes about the lack of Earthbound. Maybe they figure if we want it so bad, we'll just import it (of course, they can't recommend that publicly).

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
The reason they won't release is it they'll never forgive us for not buying the game with crappy advertisement 14 years ago. Gee, get over it.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
Personally i hate the Earthbound series

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
^ If you don't like it, don't post in it's thread. Easy as that.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 10:52:22 PM »
Personally i hate the Earthbound series

Dude, what is wrong with you? Lemme guess, you haven't actually played Earthbound, have you? I had the same mentality until I actually played it.

Print