Print

Author Topic: Re: A way to get Wario in SSBM!  (Read 4792 times)

« on: August 05, 2002, 06:01:05 PM »
Meh, save this sort of thing until Smash Brothers Online.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 06:10:26 PM »
Those trophies were preprogrammed into Smash Brothers. (To be triggered by save files from other games.) They're not on the memory card or anything.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/5/2002 5:11:57 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 06:05:02 AM »
Chupperson, you're wrong. The game (Sms, Pikmin, etc.) has the trophy design built in, along with some text. It has a bit of code to align it and to fit in with the other Melee trophies. Now when you save the game onto a memory card, that little bit of trophie info is saved too, and when you turn on Melee, the code is activated and it uploads. That's what Nintendo said, but what do they know?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 12:41:27 AM »
Then how come the Mario on Yoshi trophy for SMS owners is the SSBM Mario on the SSBM Yoshi? I doubt they could hold all that polygonal info in a 4 MBit card, too. But that's just my opinion, but I stand by it.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 10:23:00 AM »
And besides, Wario isn't in SSBM. But Sonic and Tails are (even though NP says they aren't.) And if there was a Wario trophy, you would have to insert a memory card with a saved WW game on it to get it.
17''5 @-/\/\3, /\/\@R10!

ben

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2002, 02:54:56 PM »
wario isn't in SSBM. niether is sonic and tails. i know because i have the guide book. it shows all the secret characters and it dosen't show them. i'm creating my own SSB and you can suggest characters for it.

ed:"Oh, look! a whole box of alien self-exploratory probes dropped off in a attempt to save fuel during a mutiny of passing brain bulgers!" eddy:"i think that eyebrows too heavy for his head!"
ben. i'm 14 years old.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2002, 09:26:52 PM »
Sonic and tails in SSBM was just an april fools joke started by EGM magazine. Unfortuantly, internet morons were too stupid to relise that, and even though the next month EGM told it was an edited screen shot and it's all a lie, internet morond like IGN refuse to believe it. That is one reason I hate IGN.

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2002, 01:06:51 PM »
I hate IGN because they make you pay for many things so you only get a portion of the site.

-------
La taille de sein n''importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n''êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n''est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n''avez pas besoin des grands seins.

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 10:12:33 PM »
Another ancient topic brought back. Is it true that some save files from other games really unlock trophies in SSBM? If so, what are the trophies that can be unlocked this way?

There is a Wario trophy; I have it. I thought I just unlocked it in the course of the game, though.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

Edited by - smfan1085 on 5/31/2005 9:13:55 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 07:54:19 PM »
The Wario trophy is unlocked in the course of the game.  You can get a Wave Race Trophy, Luigi's Mansion trophy, and a Pikmin trophy with the saved files of the respective games.
 n/a

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 08:03:13 PM »
I never got the Pikmin or Luigi's Mansion trophy even though I eventually got both of those games. Does it only check the memory card the very first time you start a SSBM file?

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 08:23:05 PM »
Yeah, I have the Wario Trophy. But I don't have Wario World, so it is a trophy built in SSBM.

Tweet! Any Questions? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 09:06:50 PM »
Lizard Dude: I was afraid of that too when I played SSBM before I played Luigi's Mansion and didn't get the trophy for a long time.  But I did get it eventually so there's still hope for you.  I think what happened is that I played LM again, then played Melee, and I found the trophy sitting on an Adventure stage.  Icicle Mountain I think.

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 6/1/2005 8:07:22 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 01:07:41 PM »
Clicking this topic, I thought someone had discovered how to change costumes in SSBM...

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 01:32:21 PM »
Remember the little thing about "bumping"? WEll, don't do it.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print