Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario Pictures  (Read 45393 times)

« on: December 10, 2006, 12:57:36 AM »
Feel free to elaborate or tell stories.  In fact--if you don't--I'll hit you with a crusty rod.

There are a lot of Mario pictures out there... Some come from America, some from Japan, and still others from immaterial beings referred to as "fan artists".  Some come from Nintendo.  Some come from an old notebook you used in 2nd grade... It's time to share your favorites.

I know I'm not the only one who loves the ending sequence for SMW.  And I certainly hope I'm not the only one who left this illustration on the TV for hours...

... but we're just getting started.  I was visiting the official site for SM64:DS when I found this background.  I like it because it really feels like you're inside the castle:

I apologize for the blurriness, but it's all for artistic effect, you know.  Anyway, here's another one; I bet you've seen it before:

I like it because the four big characters are together, and each one of them is real--with a personality.  I can just stare and think about what's going through each person's mind.  Also, Mario's using a Game Boy--just like the one I have!  The only thing missing is Toad, and he may very well be shoved inside Peach's dress at that moment, so who knows?  Maybe no one's missing after all!

This'll be fun!  Now, start sharing or watch out for rusty cods...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 04:16:56 AM »
I apologize for the blurriness, but it's all for artistic effect, you know.

I've never heard an artist apologize for their art so I assume that either you didn't make it, you are not an artist, or both. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:55:24 AM »
... but we're just getting started.  I was visiting the official site for SM64:DS when I found this background.  I like it because it really feels like you're inside the castle:

Pretty much confirming he did not make it.

P.S. - Spoiler tag just turns text and background for that text to black, it does nothing for images.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
Anybody have that official artwork of Exor wedged in Bowser's Keep with the dark sky in the background? I love that one. I also like the one that shows Mario holding the hammer above his head while standing on some kind of mound with four Goombas surrounding him, looking up at the hammer in a trancelike manner.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 12:54:51 PM »
I have that picture. I think she lost the belly for Super Mario Strikers though.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »
Heh, gotta love Flower Fields. Hammer Posie's tree and she'll get mad then say this. Hit it too many times and she'll kick you out. Try to come back several times and she'll let you back in.

Senior Mariology professor

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 08:21:11 PM »
Hmmmm, the sky is dark, have you not beat the chapter yet?

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »
I've beaten the chapter, game, and sequeal.

This is another one of my favorites:

Made by me, ask permission to use, otherwise DeviantArt will pwn you with copyright infringment. Look long and hard if you don't understand what the black blob is (people have asked me to clarify that it's a Yoshi...... idiots....)

Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 10:06:51 PM »

From the Mario Kart: Super Circuit commercial (japanese).
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »
Funny how later games say koopas ALWAYS wear boxers underneath their shells.

Definitely wasn't that way in Super Mario World.

Or Paper Mario.

Yes, I know I have a sick mind. Stop asking me if I'm aware of that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 04:12:37 AM »
Ahaha, VGC, I love the first one.  It's definitely an old favorite--as are many of SMW's illustrations:

One of my oldest favorites, though, comes from the first Mario game I ever owned.  This is the game that claimed my childhood--and this picture sums up everything that has and ever will be fun:

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
Notice how Daisy is just like peach only with a diffrent color scheme?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »
Not really... at all... Back then, perhaps...
I really love the M&L:PiT box art. Here's a desktop version I have used...
This might be what The Chef is talking about, but maybe not. I like this one a lot.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:31:53 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 06:55:45 AM »
I like this cinema from M&L:SS:

Cackletta and Fawful look quite fearsome in this picture, standing off in the background like that, looming over everyone else.

Edit: Resized image
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:03:03 AM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Print