Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Sunshine Bugs & Glitches  (Read 13434 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 09:51:23 AM »
Luigison, that Book trick doesn't work. Why post it? I'm more interested in vepu's 121st shine sprite.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2004, 12:56:42 PM »
No one mentioned the glitch I once encountered. I was in Pianta Village on the Yoshi level I believe and I fell of the bridge at the beginning while riding Yoshi and instead of falling to my doom, I could safely walk around on the bottom.

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2004, 02:32:06 PM »
I dunno if this qualifies as a bug, but you can scale the shine gate right off the bat!  You can do most of the Pianta Village quests (up until you need Yoshi), and, with a little more finagling, you can get up to ten shine sprites before even opening the first level!

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2004, 05:18:11 PM »
Nintendoexpert89, if you completely read Luigison's page (Which you didn't) it says at the bottom "I can't believe you fell for my fake secret code!" or something along the lines of that.

Vepu, you are an idiot.

Fifth, that bug was already mentioned.

Ah yes, the book. The story behind the book, is that originally, that episode's objective was to get the book from inside the bottle but for some reason, they changed it to what it is now. You can't get the book nor does it do anything anymore. However, if there were an emulator copy of Sunshine with a Hex Editor, it would be interesting to edit the book into a different spot which may open up the possibility of getting a 121st Shine, which would only work if they were too lazy to remove the event for the book to grant you another shine, which I doubt they did.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2004, 05:33:37 PM »
Meowrik, I did. That's what I meant.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2004, 06:33:32 AM »
hello nintendoexpert89.i heard that you were interested about the sine #121?
ask me! i know EVERYTHING about mario.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2004, 05:20:23 PM »
Wowzers.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2004, 05:47:08 PM »
Alright, I know there isn't another star in the game unless you used action replay...anyways I found a major glitch If you go to Delfino Plaza during the flood, and use the cheat where you jump through the side of a building you will be inside the building but swimming. Now swim down and you will be under the city. If you start to run out of breath, then come up
inside one of the other buildings. You can go inside all of the buildings and if you go inside the right side pillar of the giant Shine Sprite tower you can glitch your way into the back and  go into a really strange world.
Is that a squirell behind you with a knife?

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2004, 09:43:09 PM »
Hmm... interesting. Must be like SM64s dark world when you fall from the roof into the castle.

------------------------------

Wheel_kirby

Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2004, 09:58:18 PM »
Vepu... Shame on you for telling such lies. I found a Walkthrough that says Gelato beach means Mamma beach. and you said mamna beach? you can get to that walkthrough Here.
It also says that Noki bay is called Mare bay in japanese, and pianta village means monte village in japanese.

Wheel_kirby

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2004, 10:03:45 PM »
Wheel Kirby's got ya' there, Vepu.

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2004, 10:21:08 PM »
heh, well this whole book (Edit: Book*) thing is sorta like banjo kazooies different colored eggs and ice keys that dont change the outcome of the game at all (Except the possibility of getting a 121 shine.)

Ive gotten the key and 3 of the eggs by putting in codes on the floor in the sand castle. Didnt change the outcome at all.

Wheel_kirby

Edited by - Wheel_kirby on 2/19/2004 8:57:36 PM

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2004, 10:55:45 PM »
AHAHA!!! SMBHQ is so cheap!!! I found a FAQ on Game FAQs about Super Mario sunshine... I also found it on SMBHQ. this was at the bottom of the FAQ -

"This FAQ is Copyright 2002 Sasha Slutsker
It is currently on:  

http://www.thegnn.com

http://www.gamefaqs.com

http://www.neoseeker.com

http://www.ign.com

This FAQ is protected by US and International Copyright law. It is not public domain. Therefore, you may only use it in it's unaltered format, for yourself and ONLY yourself.

Haha! what a total rip off!! heres the link.

Wheel_kirby

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2004, 11:52:28 PM »
Haha, ah these crazy kids these days...

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2004, 12:26:37 AM »
That book perplexed me so...

Those who do nothing to die are doomed to a lengthend life. Or are they?... (*shifts eyes suspiciously*)
Let me away from this boulder!

Print