Print

Author Topic: Subspace Emissary Discussion (Heavy SSE Spoilers)  (Read 14114 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:28 AM »
Though, it could just be the designs of Link and Zelda in Brawl, and not the actual characters.

What the Dukar is Link doing with a Navi-like fairy?

I think you answered your question in the first line. I like to think that the characters in the SSB series are just amalgamations of every occurrence of that character, even Link and Zelda  who are actual different people in almost every LoZ game. As for the looks that come from specific games; they have to give them a model so they look like something, right? I thought Link's fairy taunt and Navi's appearance were cool inclusions even though the only "companion fairy" that appears in TP is a pointer thing.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »
If the character's weren't amalgamations, then we wouldn't see Sheik, and Ganondorf would feel like using his sword.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 05:46:16 PM »
Well, Ganondorf is always the same Ganondorf throughout the series, unless you think about the timeline split... his actions in the Emissary are just like those in Ocarina of Time as well: work with those in control until the opportunity to conquer shows itself.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 06:24:20 PM »
I'm also alarmed how Mario just attacks Yoshi, I mean...what the heck? Even more mysterious, is that Mario rides Yoshi at the end of one of the cut scenes. So, SMW happened, Mario hates Yoshi but still remembers that he could ride him? WTH?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
Perhaps by beating him you somehow knock some sense into him.

I have good news concerning the final boss! For a while, I thought that his concentric-spheres-of-energy attack was undodgable. I was wrong! When my roommate and I were beating SSE for the second time on Monday, I accidentally down-dodged it! And then died. Now, however, we have mastered sidestepping the attack, and we feel cool.

I won't pretend that any of you didn't know this already, so don't mock my enthusiasm.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »
So, SMW happened

No games happened. SSE is a completely out of context romp in its own pocket reality.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »
Though, it could just be the designs of Link and Zelda in Brawl, and not the actual characters. What the Dukar is Link doing with a Navi-like fairy?
If you watch Snake's codec conversation about Toon Link, they actually talk about how there are different Links through time.
Also, if you read the Twilight Princess manual, you'd see that the fairy is named Navigation Pointer.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 05:18:23 PM »
Pokemon Trainer is pretty good at dodging Tabuu's screen attack, since all you have to is switch out which takes about as much time as his attack.

Another question left unanswered: Pikachu in his little generator capsule. What exactly was his purpose for being there? It didn't seem like he was powering the bombs or anything. Also, how did Samus lose her suit?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »
Another question left unanswered: Pikachu in his little generator capsule. What exactly was his purpose for being there? It didn't seem like he was powering the bombs or anything. Also, how did Samus lose her suit?

I'm sure it was all part of an evil experiment. For the 2nd one I'm not sure. Well They had to add Zero Suit Samus in some way.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
The Research Facility. A facility for research. On things like Chozo technology and oddities like electric mice.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »
No games happened. SSE is a completely out of context romp in its own pocket reality.

Okay then. So Mario just "decides" to ride Yoshi out of the blue?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »
No, he does what his FMV told him to do.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »
That's not a story reason.  We want a story-based reason.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »
What are you on about? The characters from the same franchise are obviously going to act in a manner similar to how they would in their own games.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
What are you on about? The characters from the same franchise are obviously going to act in a manner similar to how they would in their own games.
Kicking Yoshi in the face?
You didn't say wot wot.

Print