Print

Author Topic: Subspace Emissary Discussion (Heavy SSE Spoilers)  (Read 14116 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 07:03:33 AM »
I think most of the actions of the characters in SSE can be solved by the good old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" truism.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 04:25:12 PM »
I wonder what happens after Subspace is defeated. Are their memories reset, back to the beginning? Perhaps, they'll have a better understanding of the world?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »
Same as asking, "Why aren't Mario and Bowser still friends by the time of Mario Galaxy since I had them together in a team match all the time in Melee?"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
What was Rayquaza doing in a lake? Seems to me like it should have come from the sky.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
What was Rayquaza doing in a lake? Seems to me like it should have come from the sky.

Maybe that's were it comes from in the Pokemon games, but I don't know since I don't play the games.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
It is the Sky High Pokémon, it lives in the sky, it rests only atop Sky Pillar, etc.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »
It was taking a bath, and it wanted to shoot something!

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 04:01:08 AM »
"I knew I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque."
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
Maybe Mario assumed Yoshi et al. were evil shadow versions like show up a lot elsewhere throughout the game. That's why he kicked Yoshi.

The Yoshi he knows wouldn't have hurt Peach.

-Lizard Dude

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
Maybe there are wild/rabid Yoshi (Yoshis?) that attack people. They are dinosaurs.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »
^ Zombie Yoshis from the Nintendo Power comics!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
Sakurai explained SSE in today's Smash Bros. DOJO!! update. I think that when you, the creator of the game, have to explain its story, then you didn't do a good enough job of telling it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »
I read that today and some of the stuff was like "how the heck were you supposed to know that?!"
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »
It's seriously tough to tell a story in pantomime and gameplay, however. How would you explain the origin of Tabuu and his forces without a ton of cutscenes before the stadium? Without text?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »
Sakurai explained SSE in today's Smash Bros. DOJO!! update. I think that when you, the creator of the game, have to explain its story, then you didn't do a good enough job of telling it.
I really have no idea why they didn't explain things better. The most I can discern is that they were going for some kind of The Matrix-style plot-explaination format (a little info in the actual game, a little in the trophy descriptions, a little in casual comments by the developer) that just fell flat.

Print