Print

Author Topic: Are the moderators for good?  (Read 5879 times)

« on: August 05, 2003, 08:52:30 PM »
Are the moderators for good, or do they hand their position down over time, if so, do hey deside, or de we vote? Also, how long would be fare for a minitor to run? Just curiouse.

May the force be with you! :)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 10:41:56 PM »
The mods have been appointed by Deezer and no one else, and there is no voting.

Thank you, that is all.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 10:45:35 PM »
No, the moderators are for evil. Some are scaring me with their strictness and itchyness to use their power.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 11:42:45 PM »
I miss Deezer...
Deezer was here.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 06:32:27 AM »
I hope you're not talking about me, LD...

--------------------

Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 09:25:50 AM »
That's presisly why there should really be a voteing system. So everyone has a chance to run, and one person isn't in power forever. Just like a presidency. ;)

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 02:24:19 PM »
Pssh...thats what I and my fellow FFers came up with waaaaay back in Nov 2001...unfortunately Deezer obviously could have cared less back then..but I guess he changed his mind...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 10:36:56 PM »
Why can't Deezer go back to moderating the whole message board?
Deezer was here.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 11:52:04 PM »
"Why can't Deezer go back to moderating the whole message board?"

I would like to belive the man has a life.
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 12:35:40 AM »
"Why can't Deezer go back to moderating the whole message board?"

Eh... Why do you say that? They haven't even been Moderators for a week. Have they done something that displeases you?

Not that he had to, Deezer didn't do an awful lot of Moderating here. With these new Mods, maybe we'll see less tolerance to the horrid problems that plague this forum.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 09:38:23 AM »
Nintendo freak to me is no longer a newbie.

I''m the master of Mario and Pokémon!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 12:35:45 PM »
"horrid problems that plague this forum"

Uh, what are these?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 12:58:45 PM »
I assure you, I'm for good. I may be intolerant of "rule-breakers," but that's the way it should be, right?  Very rarely do I need to edit a post, because most people are mature enough to follow the rules. The ones who DO get their posts edited are the ones who shouldn't have posted it in the first place.

One thing though...  All of this "Closing Topics" is starting to bug me.  You guys shouldn't be so closing-happy. If something is inappropriate, just edit the posts; don't close the entire topic.  Very RARELY should closing and deleting topics be done, or else everyone will get annoyed with you.

As I said, if I may seem a bit strict, I assure you it's for the benefit of the boards; I'm for good here.  I hope none of you are upset with me; I just want everything to be at peace here.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 01:05:03 PM »
 An exageration, basically.

But basically, Spam has been a large problem over time, something to which everyone is guilty of.

Constant posting of topics in the wrong forum. This happens more than enough.

Topic Reviving. This in itself isn't bad, however, when a topic is revived for a one liner, especially after the topic's significance has passed, is when it becomes a problem.

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2003, 04:30:36 PM »
I think the new mods are good.  I rember about a month ago, Latereous or whatever was posting all the crap.  It took a couple of days before it was deleted.  Now jasonhoover whatever's posts are getting eddited almost amdiateley!  But watoad isn't around much lately.  Did I have a chance to be a mod?  And I think editing the "who's hotter" post was dumb.

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

Print