Print

Author Topic: Speed Bump Comic Caption Contest  (Read 1765 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: March 14, 2005, 10:31:08 PM »

Anyone have a good caption for the above comic?   A Donkey Kong or Mario reference may be in order.  If you come up with the best caption it will appear in May.  Here's the text from SpeedBump.com:

Due to the extended length of our book signing season, I've decided to push back the deadline for entering the Caption Contest. We've got a bunch of entries up here in the belfry, all of them winners in their own right, but it hardly seems fair to hold a contest before the book tour ends... And it's come to my attention that schools would like to enter as class projects but that distribution of the cartoon is an issue, so I'm posting the whole cartoon here on the site. Feel free to print it out, copy it, pass it around, fill it in, and send it off to the address below...and hey, good luck!... New deadline is May 15th, 2005...

Send your witty caption to me at speedbumpcomic@comcast.net, or via regular mail to:

Speed Bump Caption Contest

c/o Creators Syndicate

5777 W. Century Blvd.

Suite 700

Los Angeles, CA 90045

The winning entry will appear as a Speed Bump sometime at the end of May...in addition, the winner will receive three inscribed books, the original artwork, and maybe a used fondue set or something...have at it!

Edited by - Luigison on 3/14/2005 8:36:31 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print