Print

Author Topic: The poratable war...  (Read 2520 times)

« on: July 29, 2003, 03:29:12 PM »
I know you love these topic nintendofreak...  I've realized companies are sarting to challenge The GB,  Who do you think will win?  The n-gage will defenetly fail.  $300!?  For a portable!?  Not only that, but a memory card is $70!!  And the other things\ that I noticed for the n-gage and PSP.  What was your first system?  A GB right?  What do you think will happen if a 4 year old asks his mom for the a psp/n-gage with the newest GTA/Duke Nueman game?  And even if their aiming at an "older"  audience, They can't rely only on that!  The GBA relys on old and young gamers!  Another thing is that companies rely on nintendo.  Judjing by past experience, lets say Namaco was creating a pac-man game called Pac-man+.  The pac-man games for the Neo-Geo Poket Color and gamegear failed.  They should know GB leads to the money!  Probally the best reason is that every other company failed to the gameboy!  Bandai, Sega, and Atari are only a couple of companies that failed to Nintendo!  What makes Sony and Nokia any different?!

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

Yos

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 05:26:07 PM »
$300... $300?... $300?!?!?! Aaaaaaagggggghh! My appologies... that $300 dollar handheld thing hit me like a sack of bricks.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 10:44:59 PM »
My first and only handheld is a Game Boy Color. The n-gage and the PSP will fail because of the ridiculous prices and because if Sony's PS2 is being beaten by a GBA, who will buy a handheld by Sony? Sony and Nokia are different because Sony makes video games and T.V.s, and Nokia makes phones. But in the handheld business, they won't be any different losing like past companies. very_shy_guy29, keep making topics like these. If a 4 year old asks his mom for a PSP/n-gage with the latest GTA/Duke Nukem game, his mom would ground him.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/1/2003 11:09:08 PM
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 09:16:57 PM »
That's Duke Nukem, not Nueman.
Not like I care or anything.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 06:38:56 AM »
The reason past companies failed at creating handhelds (Sega, Atari, Tiger Electronics, etc.) is that they tried to make improvements that the original Game Boy lacked (color, backlit screen, etc.) The only problem with this is that they did not PLAN at first.

The GameGear improved on the Game Boy's tiny gray screen by adding a backlit color screen and enhanced power. It used 6 AA batteries, which obviously were needed to provide extra power for the lighted color screen. But since there were no good rechargeable batteries back then, the GameGear wasted batteries very quickly.

As for the Atari handheld, I have no idea.

The Game.com (I think that's what it was called) was a good idea, but Tiger Electronics made it too much like a computer. They crammed all this extra stuff in it that was utterly useless. The Game.com also used batteries very quickly. Plus, the public wasn't interested in buying a bland gray-tinted handheld when the Game Boy Color was already released.

Now that the GBA-SP is here, Nintendo is once again king of the handheld market. They finally made a Game Boy with a rechargeable battery AND a lighted screen, which was what we fans have been begging for all these years...aside from a color screen.

Sony's PSP is a great idea. Nintendo has dominated the handheld market for over 10 years, and it's about time some new company tried to challenge them. The PSP has all of the features that the GBA SP has (rechargeable battery, backlit color screen, etc.) and improves apon them as well. The only problem with the PSP is the disk drive. The UMD mini-disk is a great improvement over cartridges, but I can't see how Sony will be able to put a tiny disk drive in a handheld system.

The Nokia N-Gage is crap. Crap, and piles of more crap seeping through the hard crusty remains of older crap. It is the stupidest idea ever. A cell-phone that turns into a gaming system... That is rediculous! Have you seen how many buttons that thing has? At least 20, including the number and menu buttons!

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 02:18:57 PM »
PSP is crap also. It comes nowhere near a great idea.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 7/31/2003 1:23:49 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 10:06:48 AM »
the problem with the n-gage (or the x-box, for that matter) is that companies are trying to expand into a business other than what they've been doing, so they make stupid mistakes. They don't know anything about the videogame industry.
but that's the way nintendo started too. I think that in a few years, nokia will become a real competitor with nintendo(Microsoft is already),provided that the guys in charge aren't tarred and feathered because they a made a handheld that costs slightly more than a used car.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 11:08:47 PM »
"Sony's PSP is a great idea. Nintendo has dominated the handheld market for over 10 years, and it's about time some new company tried to challenge them."

Mario Maniac, you are a hypocrite. Thank you, that is all.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2003, 12:08:02 AM »
Where is very_shy_guy29?

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/1/2003 11:15:45 PM
Deezer was here.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 08:58:30 PM »
He's dead.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2003, 11:05:58 AM »
I'm on the moon.

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2003, 05:55:14 PM »
Rrrrrrriiiiiiight. Did you see Neil Armstrong's footprints?

Deezer was here.

Print