Yep, once and I hated it.
4 (10.3%)
I am a regular/occasional smoker.
4 (10.3%)
Trying to quit
0 (0%)
I do not smoke and never will.
28 (71.8%)
I've never tried it, but I'm not afraid to try.
2 (5.1%)
Used to, don't anymore.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Smoking: Anyone try it?  (Read 42159 times)

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2009, 06:47:06 PM »
it's also kinda stereotypical to assume that everyone who smokes is always hackin up a lung

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »
Rolled combinations of rat poison and fireplace debris are known to cause that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 11:40:39 PM »
Well bullykoopa, fact is, all the people I know who smoke are in fact coughing uncontrollably.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »
Smoking = death.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »
Living=Death
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 12:55:26 AM »
It's more like living = slowly dying. Living definitely does not equal death. Similarly, smoking usually does not equal death, it equals swiftly dying.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 07:21:45 AM »
Everyone's dying, but you can speed it up or slow it down as you please.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »
Living=Death

MORIR ES VIVER, MORIR ES VIVER
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 07:15:31 AM »
[Cue two pages of zombie discussion]

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »
All the "4000 different chemicals" and poisonous stuff you guys mention aren't all in the cigarette to begin with. You may think "oh they sit down with each other and think 'okay how we gonna kill people today... let's put poop, rat poison, tar, etc. in the cigarette'" but, it's actually you, the end user, who is manufacturing the vast majority of the chemicals. Think of the the tobacco curing process, the substance that holds the cigarette together, preservatives, and the tobacco and paper itself. Lighting that complex arrangement of chemicals on fire will definitely make thousands more different chemicals.... so yeah.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »
And this makes it better... how? Second hand smoke is still more toxic than smoking in the first place.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »
I'm not saying it makes it better at all... just some people think that a lot of the crazy byproducts of cigarettes are injected into the cigarette to begin with as if cig companies there all day and plot what horrible stuff to put it yet a lot of what people trip out isn't even there until the person smokes it... so some people are just misled when they say something like "The cigarette companies *put* those *harmful chemicals* [that you produce] in cigarettes... they're horrible people."

The whole point of the paragraph, in another sense, is it's your friggin' fault if you wanna smoke. Cig companies just make the cigarettes and it's your decision whether you wanna burn the cigarette and produce those harmful byproducts.... so you can't say it's all 100% a cigarette company's fault.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »
I'm not even sure your information on this matter is accurate, to be honest. There are plenty of harmful chemicals in it when manufactured. Things like formaldehyde, if I recall correctly, which you'd have to be stupid to want to ingest in the first place. Besides that, of course I can say it's 100% the cigarette company's fault, since if you're right, they market their products for the express purpose of being lit on fire and "producing" the byproducts. Lastly, you must surely be aware that cigarettes are designed to be addictive so you will keep buying and using them. Seriously man, the blame is squarely on cigarette companies. Stupid people are going to be taken advantage of one way or another.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:54:17 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »
I think south park said it best in that one episode where they tour the tobacco company.  "We work all day making cigarettes!  Who wants to live to be 90 anyways!"  hahaha.  It's just a drug...like alcohol.  That's part of your choice of freedom.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
Difference being that alcohol doesn't permanently damage you if you so much as ingest a little bit of it, or consume it in small amounts. Cigarettes start destroying your body the second you use them.
That was a joke.

Print