Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3 fortress help  (Read 3180 times)

« on: May 09, 2001, 08:45:15 AM »
Hi there.  I'm playing Super Mario Bros 3 through an emulator these days.  I'm on World 7, I think...it's an abandoned fortress, but there seems to be no way for me to get out.

I go in as big Mario...find the P-switch in the blocks, hit it, get tons of coins...and go through the door at the bottom.  I'm in a checkered-floor room with nothing except a door to another room - full of lava, a few coins, a fire-flower, and a horizontal pipe that I can't get into.

I looked through the FAQs, and there's supposedly a suit in this fortress that will allow me to fly up in the checkered room to defeat the only enemy in this fortress.

First of all, it's not there (where the FAQs say it should be).

Second, I think I have one in my inventory, but I have no idea how to access it or use it during a level (I can search my inventory outside a level, but have no idea how to actually use something).

Any help would be appreciated.

"Your solution is both fair and democratic...and I want no part of it."
"Your solution is both fair and democratic...and I want no part of it."

Andrevan

• Plumber's Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2001, 12:21:32 PM »
I haven't been on SMAS for a while, but I'll check for you. Inventory items can only be used on the map screen, sorry. As far as I know, there isn't a level that requires a flight item to complete, but you may need a P-wing. P-wings can be found in Toad Houses and Hammer Bros. Battles. They provide permanent flight until you get hit by an enemy. So, if the fortress is deserted, all you need is a P-wing. I'll get back to you on all this, though.

--Andrevan
~The Nintendo King~
Andrevan@aol.com

Edited by - Andrevan1 on 5/9/2001 11:36:20 AM

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2001, 03:26:17 PM »
You need to enter the world with a leaf or P-wing.  There's a warp zone on the ceiling that you go into to complete the stage.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2001, 03:38:05 PM »
No, no, no...
Once you hit the switch block in the room with all the blocks, a door will appear a few spaces to the left of where the switch block was, on the small platform made of two grey blocks.  Go through that door to reach a room with two pipes; go down the vertical one to get a Tanooki suit.
Once you have the Tanooki suit, just fly around in the checkered-floor room; there's a pipe somewhere off in the left side.  (It's not very easy to find, but it's there!)  Go up that pipe to reach Boom-boom.  

Print