Print

Author Topic: New Mario Movie  (Read 7812 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2000, 12:40:13 PM »
Then again, I was working toward the best possible movie when, it seems from the actual "Super Mario Bros." film the makers were trying to create the WORST possible movie based (loosely) on Mario.  Here is a (not so serious) cast list of a "Mario" movie devised thinking like the type of Hollywood movie makers that let films like "Armageddon" and "Scream 3" go into production.

Mario.................Tom Green
Luigi.................Adam Sandler
Princess Toadstool....Baby Spice
Voice of Yoshi........Robin Williams
Toad..................Seth Green
Mallow................Gary Coleman
Geno..................Eminem
Donkey Kong...........Bill Cosby
Voice of Pikachu......Norm MacDonald
Voice of Jigglypuff...Leonardo DiCaprio
Booster...............Samuel L. Jackson
King Bowser...........Dennis Hopper
Wario.................Wayne Knight
Goomba................Val Kilmer
Wart..................Ernest Borgnine
Tatanga...............Matt Frewer
Kamek.................Nicholas Lea
Buzzy Beetle..........Dennis Hopper
Shy Guys..............The Backstreet Boys
Toady Koopa...........Andy ****
Dennis Hopper.........Himself

-AN ALAN SMITHIE PRODUCTION-
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2000, 04:08:31 PM »
If I had the time and Hard Drive space I would make a bunch of Mario Movies in .gif format.  But I seriously doubt there will be a new Mario Movie within the next 2 or 3 years.  After that who knows? :)

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2000, 05:34:48 AM »
What kind of character list is that?!! It's completely rediculously funny!! Tom Green as Mario?! Wayne Night as Wario (although he does have that fatty look...) How about this..

MARIO: Bob Hoskins (He does look like Mario)

LUIGI: Leonardo DiCaprio (Only if his voice were lower...)

BOWSER: Dennis Hopper (voice)

YOSHI: Robin Williams (Voice)

TOAD: Robin Williams (Voice)

Princess T.: Sarah Machelle Gellar (She's hot!)

That's all I can think of...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2000, 11:13:45 AM »
I had way too much caffeine in my system when I made up that cast list.

: )
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2001, 11:52:45 AM »
Hey there. I know this is an old forum, but I could'nt resist. I too, am writing a script for a Super Mario Bros. The Movie sequal. It still has Goombas being 8 feet tall and so forth, but it gets better.
Years after the Koopa incidence, Mario and Luigi have become sucsesful and Dinohatten has prospered and Koopa's best friend, Wart(who would be played by a human) is sick of it,so he gathers Koopa's ooze(as I like to call it), takes over the Royal Family Tower with the help of his Snifits, and plans to re-evolve Koopa.
That's as much as I'll say about it, and when Wart tries to clone Mario and Luigi, something goes wrong and he gets..... you guessed, Wario and Waluigi,whos mission is to destroy the Mario Bros. Toad's re-evolution worked perfectly bringing him back to normal but Koopa's re-evolution does'nt go to plan turning him into a giant turtle like creature. If you'd like to know more, just ask.

Now I'm gonna make a monkey out of you.
Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2001, 12:41:33 AM »
You know what?  If Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy (the movies) go over well, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nintendo got to work on licensing a Legend of Zelda movie.  Let's face it, a Zelda movie (if done right) would kick so much @$S it'd blow the pants off Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider, and probably open the door for a (good) Mario Bros. movie.

Speaking of which, I plan to write up a fan-fic over the summer.  I think it could be turned into a movie, but for right now it'll just be a little message board fan-fic.  Look for the first "episode" of The Brothers Mario on the story boards within the next week or two.

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2001, 10:04:03 PM »
Oh boy, this post has ten paragraphs. My longest post yet! Fear...

I've never been able to imagine any video games translating well into movies. And besides, movies are one-shot deals. Video games constantly spawn sequels and rip-offs to keep things fresh without being the same thing over and over.

And besides, think about it. Super Mario Bros., with all the stuff in it, being made into a movie? Well, you saw how the movie turned out. Bad idea. However, I seemed to like the movie (I was bummed out to see how Yoshi looked, though).

My favorite part from the Mario movie? Well, rather a quote I remember. Mario: We're the aliens! Luigi: Cool! hehe, that was funny

But I still had problems identifying characters. Having Daisy in it was different from having Princess like I expected. And those two tall dudes that acted as Bowser's cohorts? I didn't even knew who they were until I paid attention. They're supposed to be the KOOPALINGS? Please. No resemblance whatsoever.

I've noticed that the ONLY video game movies that translate well are animated. Look at Pokemon. I personally hate Pokemon, but the movie went along well with fans of the series. And of course there's other animated stuff like the cartoons that went about real well.

I'm still waiting to find out if a Star Fox anime cartoon really exists, and I want proof of it as quickly as possible! Some pictures would be grand.

So back to a new Mario movie, it would fare much better if it was animated. And by now you'd think there would be some technology that would make anyone's voice sound like a certain voice. If so, this means that if the previous actors didn't die off years ago (I'm assuming they're not around anymore), we could have the old voices once again acting for us.

But since that won't happen, I'd much rather have people that sound like the original actors be the voices for a new movie. And I'm talking about the voices for the cartoon. I wonder, who does Yoshi's voice? I already know the name of the guy who does Yoshi's normal ''Yoshi's Story'' voice, but what about the cartoon?

Anyway, I'm done ranting. It might also be nice to reveal some of the secrets of the cartoon, like maybe showing a good candidate for Bowser's wife. Hey, those wacky Japanese have drawn weird characters before, so surely they're capable of drawing up new characters.

And if Square had something to do with the movie, that might be its saving grace. Square was responsible for making Super Mario RPG excellent, so why not?

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2001, 10:28:06 AM »
Alright, I know this doesn't have much to do with Mario or a Mario movie, but since we're on the subject of animated game-based movies/shows/what have you...
And Square...

Has anybody ever seen the Chrono Trigger OAV anime?  The episode that I saw (and for all I know, the only episode) was quite ridiculously amusing, though in Japanese...

Aid
Go Moon!

Print