Poll

Who is your favorite insurance commercial character?

Gecko-Geico
1 (7.7%)
Cavemen-Geico
7 (53.8%)
Erin-Esurance
1 (7.7%)
Conspiracy Theory Guy-Mercury Insurance
0 (0%)
Other
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Insurance Salesguy/girl/animal/neanderthal  (Read 9225 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« on: April 14, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »
Who is your favorite insurance commercial character? I've always liked the Caveman commercials, but the Mercury commercials are kind of funny, too. I don't know if I'm missing anyone, though...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »
Apparently the cavemen are so popular that they're going to have a sitcom on ABC this fall.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 09:03:41 PM »
Really? Where'd you hear that?

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:59:15 PM »
It's not because they're popular.  The guy who created the characters wanted to originally make a sitcom, but was writing commercials for a living.  So he decided to try out his characters in the ads and the rest is history.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »
Caveman are the best, in my opinion.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 11:04:08 PM »
The Geico Gecko used to be cool, but then he got a new voice and new model. I don't like him anymore.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »
I haven't seen any of these insurance mascots, so other.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 11:17:37 PM »
Yeah the new Gecko isn't nearly as cool as the old one.
The cavemen are great, however.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
The cavemen are the best.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 01:39:02 AM »
Though I despise commercials and how people quote them more often than the shows for which TV was supposedly invented, I'm just gonna go with the cavemen because the gecko isn't cool anymore and I have never heard of the other two. Don't fill me in, please.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »
Those Esurance commercials would make an awesome animated series, provided they lose the whole car insurance aspect.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 01:48:31 PM »
I just realized, Geico is spelled wrong in the poll. Twice.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 02:50:49 AM »
The Cavemen rock.  But I got annoyed when I found out that in the cavemen in the sitcom won't the be the same as the ones in the commercials.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »
Where the heck is the Aflac duck?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 12:31:10 PM »
I think the Caveman commercials are getting old. It was funny at first when it was this sort of non-sequiter meta-joke (where it's a normal Geico commerical at first, then they make the caveman comment, to which a nearby caveman cameraman reacts negatively), but then it got completely self-indulgent. A caveman sitcom would hopefully end up like every other prehistory-themed sitcom: cancelled. Then, in five or ten years, there would be a sort of "retro" chic thing, which would result in a Caveman Show DVD box set, along with wired controllers and cars with wheels.
every

Print