Print

Author Topic: Watch Mythbusters tonight and see MEGAߥTE  (Read 6037 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:55 AM »
Like Mythbusters?
Like Ninjas?
Like me?

Then watch Mythbusters tonight!  Tonight at 9 (ET/PT), Mythbusters is having an hour long special covering various ninja myths.  The martial arts in which I train are derived from those practiced by the samurai and ninja.  Since Mythbusters' production studio is based in San Francisco, they tracked down my instructor, who happens to be top-ranked in the art (and it turned out that our dojo was literally around the corner from their studio) to do consulting.  I don't know of everything that's going to be included in the show, but they did film three parts involving him, and one of those parts was shot while we were training, so I should be in the background at some point.  It sounds like it'll be a fun show... I think they've got AskANinja on there as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:01:18 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »
Yes, super yes, and yes.

Oh my god! Have I died and gone to heaven? Mythbusters is awesome, and ninjas are awesomer, which already the best thing ever, but I also learned that MEGAߥTE is training to be a future pirate-defeater. I will most certainly tune in.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
pirate-defeater

The Bujinkan budou taijutsu martial arts we do come from nine lineages, with one focused on each year.  Ironically, this year, we're doing Kuki shinden-ryu, which is derived from naval military training.  The kata you may see me practicing is called iso arashi, or "storm on the beach."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 02:57:26 PM »
Oh, I'm definitely watching this one. I never miss it!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
I'll have to have this taped-- I've got to go to an evening rehearsal tonight.

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »
* Sunbun is waiting for the fuzzy screen-capture with a giant arrow pointing in MEGAߥTE's general direction

... in HD!
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »
I'd say that was almost a second of MB close-up-ish.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 08:06:31 PM »
I'd like to know what they did with that mixture of water and cornstarch after filming was complete.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 08:41:04 PM »
When I saw MB I stepped the TiVo backwards and slow motioned the part with him and my wife said, "He's cute," and "He's good looking."  "The best looking one on there."  Then Jamie was on and she clarified by saying, "Not like there's any competition on this show." 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 09:08:14 AM »
I've always thought Jamie was the cute one. In a manly sort of way.

Anyways, I found this episode both informative and interesting, and even took a gander at the Discovery Channel-edition "Ask a Ninja" thing online. I don't actually know what MEGAߥTE looks like, but I'll assume he's the one you can see in the background knocking out pirates if you look closely.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »

All-in-all, it was a pretty good episode.  There were some inaccuracies, and I wish they could have shown more of the footage with Dale, but I guess the show is more about flash than fact.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 09:05:20 PM »
I'm guessing you're the guy in the back.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 12:24:42 AM »

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 06:35:04 AM »
You sure? He looks like the guy 1/2 in the screen in the background.
But I may be wrong...
Wheee...

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 06:27:47 PM »
MEGAߥTE is actually the invisible force shown propelling the young man's fist into his teacher's neck.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print