Poll

What do you think of Mario Sports Games?

Good
16 (69.6%)
Bad
1 (4.3%)
I don't play them
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Mario Sports Games  (Read 15976 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »
But I want Wart, Tatanga, Stanley the Bugman and Foreman Spike in the next Mario Kart!!! Are you saying my ideas are bad??? P.S. aren't you impressed I know about all these obscure characters? You must be pretty impressed. Now I'm off to play Super Mario Bros. which is way harder than Galaxy. I still can't beat the fourth world.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:09 AM »
They have personality potential. For a guy who hates Waluigi so much, you'd think a change of pace would be welcome. I think you just hate any line of thinking that goes against the status quo, BP.

Funky Kong must die.

Not before you.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »
I saw the Mario Super Sluggers commercial for the first time today.  It's actually pretty funny.

"Don't waste a Fire-Swing on a Rainbow Ball"
;D
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »
The only reason anyone sees any charm in those characters is that they are obscure. If they were in every Mario game ever, you'd all be tired of them. And it's okay to let some characters rest in peace after their time has passed. Modernizing Stanley means he'd need a voice, personality and background information (and Mario Party handles that SO well). He was made to protect Mario in case Donkey Kong 3 was a flop, and it was, so he's served his purpose. Let him be.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »
One problem:

Stanley, Wart and Tatanga weren't enemy drones or original creations specifically put in as filler for spin-offs.

I'd like to see Stanley at least make a cameo in a Mario RPG, or have Wart and Tatanga come back as bosses. Hell, I reeeeeeeally wished they'd have done that with Waluigi at some point, but the fact that they didn't had caused the likes of you, BP, to hate the character's guts.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »
Daisy wasn't original to the spin-offs either and HI I'M DAISY

Ahhhm. But the real Mario games have come up with decent characters. Yoshi, Gadd, Toadsworth and Rosalina are good. But the spin-offs haven't beaten them to death yet, have they... unless they did when I wasn't looking (read: I'm never really looking). They kind of trapped Yoshi in this really screwed-up thing with Birdo though and I don't appreciate it... Doesn't matter, I don't consider the spin-offs canon anyway.

Also... who said I hated Waluigi (recently)? I mean, why would I make a comic series about him if I hated him? I could make a comic series about Toadette endlessly failing to obtain a cookie but it would be pretty bad. Waluigi is just so much fun to mess with. Like, after playing Mario Kart Wii and hearing his jovial cries as he used Mushrooms and did tricks:
Captain Jim: "So Waluigi, what game console did you buy late 2006?" [imitates Waluigi's voice] "Wiiiiii!!!!" "...I see."
But, I do like Waluigi where he is. Which is not on the character select screen in Brawl or a locked room in Super Mario 64 DS or in the kitchen or whatever. If someday Nintendo goes the way of Sega and starts to do things to Mario out of desperation, though, Waluigi should be the Shadow.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »
I think Waluigi should have a role in a game other than a sport or party game.  Also I think Wart, Tatanga, and Stanley should get cameos.
Victory... is my destiny!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
What I'd really like for Waluigi is this:

A Mario & Luigi 3 where Mario and Luigi are forced to work alongside Wario and Waluigi. The guys at AlphaDream could do wonders with this concept.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 07:02:32 AM »
That... actually sounds kind of fun.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 08:57:44 AM »
Daisy is original! She can transform into various obscure enemies!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 05:32:03 PM »
Uh... I'm pretty sure those weren't Daisy herself. The enemies transformed into her. They were disguised as Daisy.

Still, that's a pretty cool idea.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
Daisy isn't an enemy!?
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 07:04:41 PM »
She's your enemy.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »
Anytime I see Daisy I'm usually Yoshi, so, yep! Entirely true.
It's YOUR problem!

Print