Print

Author Topic: Anecdotes about finding out your old opinions or tastes have changed  (Read 3492 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:31:47 AM »
That seems like a specific topic but who knows it could be interesting.

Not long ago I was at work and a customer asks for a large Coke. I start filling up a cup and she says, "Oh! I'm sorry, I meant Diet." I set that cup aside and started again. I hadn't gotten a drink of my own yet so I figured, why waste ice, a little coke and time walking back to the sinks? filled the rest with Mr. Pibb, and drew a big S on the cup.

I used to swear that adding anything at all to Mr. Pibb or Dr Pepper ruined it, but now I find that little bit of Coke adds a kick to it that makes it better. Life's funny.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:43 AM »
I used to hate movies that had their blooper/gag reels playing at the same time as the credits. I don't mind so much now. They're still funny (though sometimes hard to see since the credits get in the way).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:49:00 AM »
I misunderstood and thought your story was about how some lady changed her order and it ****ed you off, so you filled her cup with Mr. Pibb and drew an S for SUCKAAA.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:15:37 AM »
When I was a kid, I hated eating carrots. Absolutely hated them. On a trip to Tasmania when I was a child, my parents and I ate in a restaurant, and my mum noted, with some annoyance, that I was eating the carrots on my plate. For the next few months until I wised up, she claimed that all of the carrots she served me at home were specifically Tasmanian carrots. Now that I know the cold harsh realities of my vegetable consumption, I still enjoy carrots as if I was still back in that restaurant.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:18 AM »
I hated K-ON! when I tried to read the manga. It wasn't funny and the characters weren't very interesting.

But a few months back I checked out the first season of the K-ON! anime and loved it. Somewhere in the transition from page to screen - probably the fact that the series, which is about girls in a band, actually started involving music - it became a lot more enjoyable.

Unfortunately, from what I understand, the second season is lame - dumb jokes, emphasis removed from the music entirely, and the writers gleefully took advantage of any opportunity to make every character a silly idiot. What I've seen of it hasn't convinced me otherwise.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:35:44 AM »
I was reading Naruto one day and realized that I like Might Guy better than Kakashi.  I notice that I tend to like hammy, slightly cheesy characters these days rather than dislike them.  Characters like Mr. Satan, or the non-bishie Master Xehanort.  They're fun and funny!

Shortly after that, I realized that I like good fiction better than Naruto.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
i used to write fanfiction for treasure planet a lot but now i've moved on to better works like poker night at the inventory by valve and call of duty: modern water by activision. weird, i know, but treasure planet got boring after a while...
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 03:54:51 AM »
I think for this thread BP and bobman37 should both eat a Thin Mint and report back how it went.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
It's taking every nerve in my body to resist making another reference to you drinking your own pee.

Wait...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
I did have one recently LD. I didn't like it. My mind just sets off alarms, mint and food do not go together, and I cannot swallow mint
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »
Last year I got my grubby mitts on a brownie but it had peanuts in it. I had no choice but to eat it since I was starving. Ever since then I haven't really been bothered by candy or pastries with peanuts. I even started eating canned Planters peanuts from time to time.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
A chef who doesn't like peanuts? That's a first.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
Next time I happen upon a Thin Mint I will give it a taste.

Print