Print

Author Topic: Winter 2011 ADVANCED Poster Awards!  (Read 23422 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »
Hey! Tiebreakers! Loads of 'em!

Tiebreaker voting will be going on for the next few weeks until 12:01 AM Eastern on Sunday, March 11th. Make your voice heard again for the first time!

It's approximately that time of year again I suppose! Let's do this dukar!

You know the drill, but in case you don't, here is the nature of the drill:

• Don't vote for yourself. Vote for me instead.
  • You can vote for two people in each category. You can vote for one as winner and one as runner-up, or equally for both.
  • You can also vote for just one person in a category if you want.
  • Change your vote by editing your post as many times as you want, until voting closes.
  • If you have better ideas for award categories than me, throw them out there and see if they catch on.
  • Votes should be for stuff that happened in 2011, or on December 30th or 31st of 2010 (when the last awards started). Stuff that happened this month is okay, but try to remember back farther if you can.
  • Voting will close at 12:01 AM Eastern time on February 4th, 2012.

The categories, separated by the category of the category, are categorized as follows:

Star Awards
The Star Awards are the best of the best. If you get one of these, you are obviously a better person than everyone who didn't get one.

Poster of the Year: All in all, who best exemplified the spirit of the forums this year?
Post of the Year: That one perfect comment that tied everything together, or that perfectly constructed Zelda timeline theory, or that one ribald riposte that... um... ratcheted... something... whatever.
Topic of the Year: The thread that tied us together to collaboratively create something hilarious, moving, intriguing, or other various emotions.
Image of the Year: A drawing, a photo, or a well-timed meme. Actually, probably just a drawing or photo.

Flower Awards
The Flower Awards are almost as nice as the Star Awards, but not quite, because flowers are gay. Close, though.

Most Amiable: Amiable means nice.
Funniest: Funny means funny.
Most Creative: The poster who would have come up with better category descriptions than that.
Most Creepiest: Who do you most suspect of having a secret collection of body pillow pillowcases with pictures of his (or her!) Sunday school teachers printed on them?
Smartest: Who's the most out-of-place in this cesspool of neckbeard?

Mushroom Awards
The Mushroom in Mushroom Awards represents either growth or basicness or something like that; I'm kinda vague on that one.

Best Mod: Who did the best job keeping us in line?
Best Newbie: Who was the best new member? (Note that the member does not have to have registered in 2011, only that they first became active in 2011.)
Blast from the Past: Which returning veteran inspired the most nostalgia in us?
Most Missed: Who needs to dump their girlfriend and come back to us right now? This does not necessarily have to be someone who left in 2011, just someone who should've been here.
Most Improved: Who had the most striking contrast of posting quality between back thenish and nowish?

Leaf Awards
The Leaf Awards are all awards from early incarnations of the Poster Awards that haven't seen much play since then. Let's find out first hand why they stopped being used.

Best Name: Names are more permanent than they used to be, so this doesn't have to be exclusively names that were made up/given/changed to/used/whatever in 2011. Just which poster around here do you think has the coolest name.
Best Signature: Some people recorded their sigs in the new sig topic, so you can use that for reference if you want to try voting in this one. You can also go further into the past than 2011 if you want, since this category hasn't been around for a while.
Most Average: Does this mean most normal by Fungi Forums standards, or most normal by normal standards? You decide! I guess.
Most Mario-wise Poster: Who is the most freakishly obsessed knowledgeable about Mario minutiae (or Mariotiae, as I like to call it)?
Meowiest Poster: Meow.

Frog Suit Awards
Winning a Frog Suit Award obviously makes you a better person than the people who won Star Awards.

Dynamic Duo: Which pair of posters need to get a room already?
Queen of Posters: Who's the fourteen-year-old who we will elect to be the person who appoints our senator and makes us eat cake and ties our mother down while sweating to the oldies?
WTD Award: Who and/or what made you say "WTD?" this year?
Glorb Award: It's the Glorb Award.
Deezer Award: It's the Deezer Award.

Copy and paste this to use for your votes, or don't:
Code: [Select]
[b]Poster of the Year:[/b]
[b]Post of the Year:[/b]
[b]Topic of the Year:[/b]
[b]Image of the Year:[/b]

[b]Most Amiable:[/b]
[b]Funniest:[/b]
[b]Most Creative:[/b]
[b]Most Creepiest:[/b]
[b]Smartest:[/b]

[b]Best Mod:[/b]
[b]Best Newbie:[/b]
[b]Blast from the Past:[/b]
[b]Most Missed:[/b]
[b]Most Improved:[/b]

[b]Best Name:[/b]
[b]Best Sig:[/b]
[b]Most Average:[/b]
[b]Most Mario-wise Poster:[/b]
[b]Meowiest Poster:[/b]

[b]Dynamic Duo:[/b]
[b]Queen of Posters:[/b]
[b]WTD Award:[/b]
[b]Glorb Award:[/b]
[b]Deezer Award:[/b]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:19:50 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »
That's a buttload of categories.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
Poster of the Year: CrossEyed7
Post of the Year: PL's post / SB's post
Topic of the Year:
Image of the Year:

Most Amiable: Toad
Funniest:
Most Creative: Kojinka
Most Creepiest:
Smartest:

Best Mod: Luigison
Best Newbie: Qwerty, even though he hasn't posted in three months / A, who joined in 2010 but didn't post until 2011
Blast from the Past: *~*Stealth-LinK*~*
Most Missed: Chupperson Weird / Black Mage
Most Improved:

Best Name: Tim Buckley
Best Sig:
Most Average: CoconutMikeNIke
Most Mario-wise Poster: CrossEyed7 / jdaster64
Meowiest Poster:

Dynamic Duo:
Queen of Posters: Pt_Peach / CongressionalWombat
WTD Award: The Bronies. All of them.
Glorb Award:
Deezer Award: Deezer, patron saint of male-pattern balding / TEM
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:04:30 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
My attention-paying has somewhat dropped this year for whatever reason, but I'll hit you with what I've got so far:

Image of the Year: teh funniest meme evar!
Post of the Year: The Mii Final Smash
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Happy Iowa Caucus day! Good day for voting, innit?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

A

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 01:25:04 AM »
Best Newbie: A
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
Next year we should add a Best Oldie category.  (Not that I'd win it.  I'm simply the Most Oldie.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
If I don't finally win the Deezer Award this year I'm leaving.

FOREVER.

F - O - R - E - V - E - R.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkc1huIBCo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLkc1huIBCo</a>?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
I wonder how many more posts consisting of 3 second My Little Pony clips I can take before I leave forever too.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »
Most of my rl friends have become bronies too.

I don't have as many friends anymore.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
Right behind you, LD

Pony fools. Learn this: If you talk about or bring up any subject enough, you'll look like you have an obsession, and it's not cool. If you talk about or bring up an unusual subject enough, it looks like a forced ploy for attention, and that's even further below not cool. And there is a difference between not caring about being cool, and actively trying to be obnoxious. Let me explain.

It looks as if you bring it up hoping someone will say "GAYEEEEE" or "God[darn] ponies" or "Why do you watch that show for little girls?" At which point you'll go into "NO, IT IS GOOD THING AND YOU ARE TOO BIGOTED" mode to prove how open-minded and free-thinking you are but by that point no one's taking you seriously. It just looks like you want the reaction, whether your reaction to the reaction is sincere is no longer a question. You are going to look like a fool no matter what.

As an open-minded free thinker, just like you, I really, truly, don't give a [dukar] what tv shows you watch--if it's your business and nobody else's, it sure isn't mine. But as a person who frequents a Mario forum with more pony avatars than Mario avatars, I do care how "look at me, right now!" the fanbase is about it. I am disgusted when I see characters I respect pasted onto the pony template, and it's getting harder and harder to ignore you--and harder and harder to tell if you're all trolls, or if you all need help. Either way, I can't take the ponydom seriously anymore. From no angle do you look normal. Even WarpRattler and his entire legion of animes are human compared to you.

I can't tell you what to do, pony guys, but I can tell you what I think of you, and if you expect me to just accept all of your crap, you better take it civilly. I think your whole community is either embarrassingly obsessed... or isn't really in it for the cartoon itself, but for the reactions of other people. I don't really know what to think and don't really care to find out, either way, I'd love it if you kept it down.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:27:21 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
I mean, I was just gonna say GAYEEEEEEEE. But that was great.

Also, your signature is a nice coda.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Everytime I think about changing it I decide "No, man, this is my outlook on life"
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
I'd just like to point out that I've spent more money on one western game in the past couple of months than I have on anime pretty much ever. (Maybe not more time in the periods given, but the game in question is something I started playing in sixth grade, so...)

Anyway, the whole pony thing tops my "fanbases that really annoy me" list (followed closely by Homestuck). However, it's primarily an Internet issue for me - unlike Ultima Shadow, I know exactly one RL person who watches the show, and she's my younger sister, so she has an excuse (or, at least, more of one than many of the fans we're talking about). And she doesn't obsess over it like a lot of online fans do. She doesn't ship characters, she doesn't make stupid fan art - hell, the only things outside of the show itself (and some associated official merchandise) she's interested in are the Super Ponybeat albums, and a big part of why she cares about those is because one of the TOHO EUROBEAT guys made them.

(That said, outside of the pony thing and some other western works like BBC Sherlock, she's certainly someone BP's claims of "legions of animes" could be leveled at. I'm pretty sure she's finished more anime and manga series than I've ever started, and she's only fifteen.)

As an aside, I like how we're complaining about ponies instead of voting in the awards this thread is supposed to be about.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:57 PM »
She doesn't ship characters, she doesn't make stupid fan art
No one on the forums does that either, though.

Well, we do in our spare time, obviously, but not here.

Well, okay, I did make this, but still.

As an aside, I like how we're complaining about ponies instead of voting in the awards this thread is supposed to be about.
This! Vote, guys! Only sixteen days to go! If people don't start voting, I'm gonna have to choose all the awards myself and crown myself Queen of Posters.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:59:55 PM by CrossEyed7 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 12:41:32 AM »
Poster of the Year: Weegee
Post of the Year: This
Topic of the Year: Ponies! HAAHAHA NO NOT REALLY. Not really. [darn]. I've had a lot of fun with this
Image of the Year: This one makes me laugh

Most Amiable: Toad. I don't think I've ever read anything written by Toad that could offend any sane person
Funniest: Toad, again, he has proven very handy with puns
Most Creative: Nobody who has ever started a "The X Thread, Y Here" or "You X You Lose" or "Why haven't any of you played X." What are my options.
Most Creepiest: bobbysq1337, with the way he quotes something for each of his posts. It's like he consumes your words for his power, used for evil, like a vampire, it's scary
Smartest: Luigison, what a nerd

Best Mod: Why is this even a category? There're what, three of us?
Best Newbie: Puqtd. lex-23 would've had it if she knew how old Lubba was
Blast from the Past: me
Most Missed: I still don't think she was right but it's a shame how Sapphira went. And where has Kuromatsu gotten to? Yeah, all he did in the later days was talk about space ships with Warp in the chat, but...
Most Improved: I don't have a vote here, but it reminds me, I'd like to apologize for how terrible I was before I left and came back. In my absence I learned how not that serious the Internet really is and the value of not caring.

Best Name: TheMightyThor. Still disappointed.
Best Sig: the one with the Revolver Ocelot whiskey
Most Average: CoconutMikeNIke
Most Mario-wise Poster: Chef
Meowiest Poster: That kitty girl who joined and talked all Japanese

Dynamic Duo: Me and A, apparently, except if I want to vote for me I have to vote for Crosseyed, so Crosseyed and A
Queen of Posters: WarpRattler can have it
WTD Award: http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=13845.0
Glorb Award: the spambots
Deezer Award: TEM
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 02:14:17 AM »
Poster of the Year: BP and CrossEyed7.
Most Creative: CrossEyed7, for making that holiday EP.
Best Newbie: Puqtd, for sure.
Blast from the Past: BP and Chocobo.
Most Missed: Kuromatsu and Mr. Wiggles.
Queen of Posters: Yeah, I'll agree with BP's vote here.
Glorb Award: TEM
Deezer Award: Deezer
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:44:07 AM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 04:39:45 AM »
Poster of the Year: CrossEyed7, Turtlekid.
Post of the Year:
Image of the Year:

Most Amiable: Toad. If you don't like him I will send a chimp to violate you. 
Funniest: Weegee. He makes misogyny look almost funny.
Most Creative: CrossEyed7.
Most Creepiest:
Smartest: Luigison. I'm fairly certain most (if not all) of his posts were about science and math. You know, smart people things.

Best Mod: BP. Thanks for adhering to that old libertarian adage, "The best government governs not at all." 
Best Newbie: bobbysq1337
Blast from the Past:
Most Missed: Mr. Wiggles. :[ 
Most Improved:

Best Name:
Best Sig: "Trrry not to suck!!"~BP
Most Average: 
Most Mario-wise Poster: Chef. To my knowledge, the only user who talked extensively and exclusively about Mario, of all subjects.
Meowiest Poster: CrossEyed7 for Searscat

Dynamic Duo:
Queen of Posters: Lizard Dude
WTD Award: Sapphira, mostly because she was really annoying her last time here.
Glorb Award: Steven9wii
Deezer Award: TEM
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:04:41 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »
Poster of the Year: CrossEyed7
Most Amiable: Toad
Most Creative: CrossEyed7
Smartest: MEGAߥTE
Best Mod: Bird Person
Most Missed: Black Mage
Most Mario-wise Poster: CrossEyed7
Meowiest Poster: LilKitten
Dynamic Duo: Cora & AmbitiousShade
Queen of Posters: Chocobo
WTD Award: CrossEyed7
Glorb Award: Puqtd

You people voting TEM for the Deezer Award are a disgrace to TMK for caving to his pathetic terrorist threats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:50:18 AM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »
Post of the Year: This was pretty brave.
I'm going to surprise myself here and say that this post doesn't count as it was in 2012.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 02:03:51 AM »
Ah, you're right. I'll remove it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:44 AM »
Cora and AmbitiousShade don't count for the same reasons. Most Improved vote dropped.

(Chocobo does count for Blast from the Past and such, outside of her aforementioned post.)

TEM

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 08:53:29 AM »
Don't listen to Lizard Dude. He's a grumpy old man afraid of change. I'll lead us into a brighter, better tomorrow.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
You people voting TEM for the Deezer Award are a disgrace to TMK for caving to his pathetic terrorist threats.
TEM Award: Deezer

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »
Lemme intentionally disqualify myself for that category just because Warp never responded to me on Twitter.

Hue.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »
Don't listen to Lizard Dude. He's a grumpy old man afraid of change. I'll lead us into a brighter, better tomorrow.

THAT'S WHAT THE COMMUNISTS SAID
YOU ARE THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE

TEM

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
When I gain control of the website after winning the Deezer award I'll make sure that no communist systems get put into place.

However, I will require everyone who owns businesses to help pay for the web hosting fees, and the businesses that make more money have to pay more than the businesses that make less money. The ones that make less money might even get some money. It's only fair.

Vote TEM for the Deezer award!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
OH WOW THREE DAYS LEFT BETTER HURRY!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
LAST DAY OH NO

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
Aren't we allowed one minute tomorrow making tomorrow the last day even if it's only one minute of that day?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »
Depends on the time zone.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »
Alright, y'all, time for some tiebreakers up in this biscuit.

Poster of the Year runner-up
  • Weegee
  • BP
  • Turtlekid1

Post of the Year

Image of the Year

Identifying Wood

~ or ~

TEH FUNNAYEST MEME EVAR

Most Amiable runner-up
Pick anybody because Toad won unanimously.

Funniest
  • Toad
  • Weegee

Best Newbie
  • Qwerty
  • A
  • Puqtd

Most Missed
  • Chupperson Weird
  • Black Mage
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Kuromatsu

Most Improved
Anyone? No one voted in this one yet.

Best Name
  • Tim Buckley
  • TheMightyThor

Best Sig
  • "Suddenly, a revolver ocelot shot of unobtanium whiskey, rarer or stronger of which neither was in context."
    (Weegee)
  • "Trrry not to suck!!"
    (BP)
  • "Luigison: Question everything
    Me: Why?"
    (PaperLuigi)

Most Mario-Wise Poster
  • CrossEyed7
  • The Chef

Princess of Posters (Queen of Posters runner-up)
  • Pt_Peach
  • CongressionalWombat
  • Chocobo
  • Lizard Dude

The Glorb Award
  • The spambots
  • TEM
  • Steven9wii
  • Puqtd

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

THE DEEZER AWARD
  • DEEZER
OR
  • TEM

PICK SOMETHIN' WILL YA!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:21:23 AM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 03:54:30 AM »
  • BP

Post of the Year

Image of the Year
Identifying Wood

Most Amiable runner-up
Toad

Funniest

Best Newbie
  • Puqtd

Most Missed
  • Black Mage

Most Improved

Best Name

Best Sig
    (PaperLuigi)

Most Mario-Wise Poster
  • CrossEyed7

• Chocobo

The Glorb Award
  • Puqtd

THE DEEZER AWARD
  • DEEZER

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »
BP

Post of the Year
I refuse to vote in this category on personal grounds.

Image of the Year
Identifying Wood

Most Amiable runner-up
Luigison

Funniest
Toad

Best Newbie
Qwerty

Most Missed
Kuromatsu

Most Improved

Best Name
Tim Buckley

Best Sig
"Luigison: Question everything
(PaperLuigi)

Most Mario-Wise Poster
The Chef

Lizard Dude

The Glorb Award
TEM

THE DEEZER AWARD
Deezer
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »
Most Missed: Black Mage
Princess: Chocobo
Glorb: TEM
Deezer: Deezer

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
Best Newbie: A
Most Missed: Chupperson Weird
Princess of Posters: Pt_Peach
Glorb Award: TEM

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
This thread just reminded me to go back and save my awards from 2010. [darn], that was a good year...

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:08 AM »
Mine is going to look similar to Lizard Dude's post, except since I can't vote for myself..

• BP

Post of the Year
Bp's Bees

Image of the Year
Identifying Wood

Most Amiable runner-up
Anybody else (*rimshot*)

Funniest
Weegee

Best Newbie
  • A

Most Missed
  • Black Mage

Best Name
  • TheMightyThor

Best Sig
    (PaperLuigi)

Most Mario-Wise Poster
  • CrossEyed7

• Chocobo

The Glorb Award
  • Puqtd

THE DEEZER AWARD
  • DEEZER
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:01:59 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »
This thread just reminded me to go back and save my awards from 2010. [darn], that was a good year...

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »
And just like that, my Best Poster *and* image awards for 2012 are indefinitely sealed.

I didn't even realize that was my face for about a full minute. Still, save'd so instinctively it was like almost unconscious.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:50:26 AM by ShadowBrain »

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 08:57:26 AM »
Relics.

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 12:55:44 AM »
The post after it is better.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:23 PM »
All right, ONE MORE WEEK for tiebreaker voting. Voting will end at 12:01 AM Eastern on Sunday, March 11, 2012. Awards ceremony to follow shortly thereafter.

The ties again for the new page:

• Weegee
  • BP
  • Turtlekid1

Post of the Year

Image of the Year

Identifying Wood

~ or ~

TEH FUNNAYEST MEME EVAR

Most Amiable runner-up
Pick anybody because Toad won unanimously.

Funniest
  • Toad
  • Weegee

Best Newbie
  • Qwerty
  • A
  • Puqtd

Most Missed
  • Chupperson Weird
  • Black Mage
  • Mr. Wiggles
  • Kuromatsu

Most Improved
Anyone? No one voted in this one yet.

Best Name
  • Tim Buckley
  • TheMightyThor

Best Sig
  • "Suddenly, a revolver ocelot shot of unobtanium whiskey, rarer or stronger of which neither was in context."
    (Weegee)
  • "Trrry not to suck!!"
    (BP)
    (PaperLuigi)

Most Mario-Wise Poster
  • CrossEyed7
  • The Chef

• Pt_Peach
  • CongressionalWombat
  • Chocobo
  • Lizard Dude

The Glorb Award
  • The spambots
  • TEM
  • Steven9wii
  • Puqtd

THE DEEZER AWARD
  • DEEZER
OR
  • TEM

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 12:36:17 PM »
Weegee

Post of the Year
BP: "Mii Final Smash"

Image of the Year

Identifying Wood

Most Amiable runner-up
Tim Buckley

Funniest
Toad

Best Newbie
Qwerty

Most Missed
Kuromatsu

Best Name
Tim Buckley

Best Sig
"Suddenly, a revolver ocelot shot of unobtanium whiskey, rarer or stronger of which neither was in context."
(Weegee)

Most Mario-Wise Poster
CrossEyed7

Pt_Peach

The Glorb Award
Puqtd

THE DEEZER AWARD
DEEZER
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
Runner-up of the Year
  • Turtlekid1

Post of the Year

Image of the Year

Can I vote for this?

Funny
  • Weegee

Aest Newaie
  • A

Most Improvised
  • Lizard Dude

Best God
  • TheMightyThor

Best Signature
    (PaperLuigi)
Can I vote for this?

Most (Mario) Wise Poster
  • X-7

Princess in another castle
  • Lizard Dude

The Glorb A-word
  • TEM

THE DEEZER AWARD
  • DEEZER!

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 09:09:44 PM »
Poster of the Year Runner-Up: Weegee
Post of the Year: Ress Ronery (if I have to vote from those, if not it's the one I mentioned earlier)
Image: Identifying Wood
Funniest: Weegee
Noob: Puqtd
Best Name: Voting myself because **** the rules I'm the god of thunder
Sig: Trry not to suck!!
Princess: Pt_Peach
Glorb: Stephen9wii
Deezer: TEM
Relics.

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »
    Turtlekid1

Post of the Year
    "Mario's Long-Form"

Best Newbie
    Qwerty or A... The decision is impossible.

Most Missed
    Chupperson Weird

Best Name
    Tim Buckley

Best Sig
    "Trrry not to suck!!" ~BP

Most Mario-Wise Poster
    CrossEyed7

Pt_Peach

The Glorb Award
    TEM

THE DEEZER AWARD
    Deezer[/list]

CrossEyed7

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
    THE TIME TOCK IS CLICKING YOU GUYS

GET YOUR VOTES IN BY THE END OF MAR10 DAY WHICH IS SATURDAY

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD AT 2 AM ON SUNDAY IF YOU LIVE IN A PLACE THAT PARTICIPATES IN DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME AND YOU STILL OWN ANY TIME KEEPING DEVICES THAT DON'T DO IT THEMSELVES (and don't do it earlier than 2 AM or you might get confused as to when the polls close)

By the way, anything that's still tied when the polls close will be decided by me.

Puqtd

• now member
    « Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »

so whait who is my grandmar
    ~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
    I'm totally voting that for post of the year 2012.
    Relics.

BP

• Beside Pacific
    « Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
    What. Why.
    It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
    Because I feel that post deserves it.
    Relics.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »
    TWENTYFORE HOUUURS TO GOOOOOOOO!

and HAPPY MAR10 DAY.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
    It'd be nice if three more people would post here so the awards would be at the beginning of page 5.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
    « Reply #57 on: March 10, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
    Oh yeah, Mario day!

Luigison

• Old Person™
    « Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »

BRBRBRBRBRRBRBRBRRBBBRBBRRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBBRRBRBRBRBBBBRBRB

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 10:58:41 PM »
    When will you Be Right Back, then?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
    POLLS ARE CLOSED

AWARDS ARE NOW

(click on any award to see a wallpaper-sized version)

Poster of the Year
    The most prestigious and coveted award of all well let's get it out of the way already.

Oh look it's me.

=Runner-up=

Oh look it's BP.

~Honorable Mentions~

These guys are awesome too.

Post of the Year

A very tight race this year, but in the end, BP's apocalyptic vision won out. It's "Mii Final Smash"!

=Runner-up=

Not the classiest post out there I suppose, but very nearly the funniest. It's "Ress Ronery", by PaperLuigi!

~Honorable Mentions~

Not to be deterred, BP comes back with an instant classic. "Bees"!

And speaking of classics, "Guide to Kissing" saw a brief yet minty revival last year with a bit of belated lady advice from Puqtd. "Puqtd stays smooth", baby.

Topic of the Year

Pretty unanimous here, and it's not hard to see why. A thread that had all the Mario-obsession and all the insanity that this board is known for. It's The Chef's "The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread"!

Image of the Year

We can always count on Luigison for educational and enlightening topics. Usually. It's "How to identify wood", from the thread, "Wood, A How To"!

=Runner-up=

If 2011 could be summed up in one image, it'd probably be a much larger image than this one. Weegee's "TEH FUNNAYEST MEME EVAR" is a much more manageable size for most screen resolutions.

Most Amiable Poster

Well, howdly-doodly there, Mushroom neighbor! Just your friendly neighborhood Toad here, wondering if you needed to borrow any sugar!

=Runner-up=

In case you missed that, Toad doesn't borrow your sugar -- he goes to your house to lend you sugar. So yeah, he totally deserves this. Even though he's gonna donate the awards to some homeless puppies or something when the ceremony's over.

Funniest Poster

He made us laugh, he made us cry, and he taught us how to love again. It's Weegee!

=Runner-up=

More like punner-up, eh? Eh? Eh? (it's Toad)

Most Creative Poster

Oh look who it is again.

=Runner-up=

Another great visual artist, with some of the forum's most interesting interpretations and syntheses. It's Kojinka!

~Honorable Mentions~

Let's not neglect the forum's musical side, though! (spoiler alert: it won't be neglected next year) It's Turtlekid1! As opposed to those tone-deaf Turtlekids2-9.

And a guy who should've gotten more votes is a guy who combines both sides! And both those guys is Qwerty!

Most Creepiest Poster

A little skeevy around the edges? That's just the way we like'em.

Smartest Poster

What's this guy doing hanging out around us dummies for? Luigison!

=Runner-up=

Luigison should be more like this guy and only pop in once in a while so our dumbness doesn't contaminate him. It's MEGAߥTE!

Best Mod

Does the mod that mods least mod best? Apparently! BP! (unless Lizard Dude still counts)

=Runner-up=

Luigison? That knucklenut again? Yes!

Best Newbie

Contrary to popular reports, there is still a great influx of actual humans joining this board! And some of them are super-entertaining and creative! One of them is Qwerty, and I've been using too many exclamation points lately.

=Runner-up=

In the words of the Fonz, "A!"

~Honorable Mention~

It's Glorb! No wait, it's just Puqtd.

(it's glorb)

Blast from the Past

She's been here off and on since the beginning, and as of last year, she's back and better than ever. It's Chocobo!

Most Missed

Come on, Black Mage! Is Luigison the only adult left here? Is he gonna have to do all the adultery himself?

=Runner-up=

Whatever happened to Kuromatsu and his awesome Paint skills?

~Honorable Mentions~

And Chupperson Weird, too! He needs to get over that stack overflow thing that happened to him or whatever. Maybe on a new account, though, because the whole 11111 thing is rather perfect.

(maybe he's A)

This guy needs to come back too, if for no other reason than to give Toad some competition for Most Amiable. It's FlamingBlueMario!

Most Improved

It's been a long, hard road, but the one who once posted this has since evolved, not just into one of the more civilized members of the board, but also a god. It's TheMightyThor (who is also coolkid)!

Best Name

Speaking of which, you pretty much can't argue with that name.

=Runner-up=

Good ol' Tim Buckley has a good name too, though.

Well, not like that.

~Honorable Mention~

And here's a name that had a lot of thought put into it. A!

Best Signature

Do you think this is a good signature? Why?

=Runner-up=

Trrry not to get a paper cut from all the awards you're carrying (after you take the PNGs down to FedExKinkos and print them out), BP!!

~Honorable Mention~

And bringing up the rear, it's a special guest appearance from Hideo Kojima!

Most Average Poster

If you took all the members of the forum and stuck them in a blender, you'd be a very disturbed individual. Fortunately, CoconutMikeNike is far too normal and well-adjusted to do something like that. Right?

Most Mario-Wise Poster

I'm flattened!

=Runner-up=

But hey, I'm not the only crazed pedant around here! It's The Chef!

~Honorable Mention~

Respect the Deez.

Meowiest Poster

^_^

=Runner-up=

Yatta!

Dynamic Duo

Is A BP's alt? IT IS A MYSTERY.

Queen of Posters

All hail Queen Warp!

Princess of Posters

Next in line to the throne is the recently returned Chocobo, Princess Royal!

Duchess of Posters

I'm not real clear on how royal lines of succession work, but duchesses are on there somewhere, right? It's Pt_Peach!

Dame of Posters

And rounding out the matriarchy is Dame Dude of Bozeman.

The WTD Award

Pancreatitis.

The Glorb Award

The spirit of Glorb lives on, in TEM.

The Deezer Award
    The most important award of all here it is.

And after a grueling battle (that went into overtime!), Deezer has held on to the Deezer Award!

The TEM Award
    OH WHAT'S THIS

Well, that was fun. Big thanks to Spriter's Resource for all those sprites and backgrounds! Specifically: Crapcom (SMAS:SMB3 backgrounds) Nitratez (SMAS:SMB3 Koopalings, Mario, and Luigi), Dazz (P from TTYD), Sonikku (SMAS:SMB2 cactus and grass), Boo (SMBDX badges), A.J. Nitro (Yoshis, Fava), Mr. e (Shokora), Retriever II (Fuzzy), Ragey (Peaches from SPP), DoKoCo (SMA Toad), Arima (SMAS:SMB2 veggies), and our very own jdaster64 (SMA4 sprites and backgrounds)! And Nintendo for making it all. And myself for changing some of the sprites a little.

See you this year!

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
    Best Signature and Post of the Year runner-up. Thanks you guys. :)

Congrats to everyone who won something this year.
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:19:25 AM by PaperLuigi »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
    « Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
    In honor of my crowning achievement, I've changed my forum gender.

Congrats to everyone who won this year!

BP

• Beside Pacific
    « Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
    Wait, not even a mention or a vote for creative? Was 2011 not the year I made Bowser's Castle in Brawl out of an apple and some boxes?? You guyyyyyyys! That stings :<

(so do the papercuts from everything I did win)
    It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:58 AM »
    Expect to get a lot of PMs from new members, Warp.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
    « Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »
    I'm more expecting one from The Chef.

The Chef

• Super
    « Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »
    bby <3

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
    « Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 02:22:46 AM »

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 02:31:44 AM »
    Hey, Avarage, that's not bad, all things considered.
    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »
    I like how I won the award and runner-up for most amiable. The sugar description was also pretty funny.

Sad that I didn't win funniest. Oh well. Guess I'll have to trrry harder this year. (not that I was trying..)

* Toad goes to find a couple of stray animals to give his awards to
    Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
    « Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »
    Congratulations to all the winners! Unfortunately I had too many priorities so I couldn't post much last year, but I hope that'll change this year.
    The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »

It's been a long, hard road, but the one who once posted this has since evolved, not just into one of the more civilized members of the board, but also a god. It's TheMightyThor (who is also coolkid)!

Best Name

Speaking of which, you pretty much can't argue with that name.

I'm not sure how you get Most Improved two years, considering the way it works, but thanks a lot. I can also see that having a new username still doesn't wash me of the stench of my older posts, but whatever. (I woulda voted for Tim for Best Name myself had he called himself "Tim B^Uckley", even though that's kind of a lame old joke.)
    Relics.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
    « Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 05:24:41 PM »
    Well, I guess I did sweep the awards last year... And I can't complain after that extra picture I got. Congrats, winners!

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:33 PM »
    Yay! My single vote won Deezer the TEM award!

Print