Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario 2 for GameCube!!!!!!!!  (Read 11009 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 01, 2004, 07:30:21 AM »
I just went to a Nintendo fan site (n-philes.com) and found some screenshots on the new Mario RPG for GameCube: Paper Mario 2!

Here's a link to see the screenshots for yourself: Paper Mario 2!

Nintendo

The graphics are MUCH better than the N64 version (obviously), and they look more like the box art of the original game--very smooth cel-shaded graphics, with some sweet-looking visual effects!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 4/1/2004 6:08:11 AM

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 08:53:44 AM »
Old news...

I already saw the confirmation at IGN, right over here...

Man! Look at the screenshots!!

[Ok I don't think we need to link these off another server anymore -Deezer]

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Deezer on 5/2/2004 1:46:23 PM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 10:54:28 AM »
These screen shots are scans from the latest Famitsu magazine (Japan). I'll post translations after class.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 11:10:53 AM »
Sweet graphics... Wow!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 12:40:38 PM »
Mario fighting off 1000 dry bones at once?!? Holy shoot, it's like "Mario Reloaded" come to life!  I just hope that the game makes its way state-side...

This is not a signature.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 01:34:31 PM »
WOW! I can't wait until this game is released!

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 02:05:38 PM »
Thanks for posting the screenshots. Looking at them surely makes me want to start playing video games again . . .

“Hey, Strong Bad. You jumped over some u’ my busses.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 02:07:43 PM »
I just realized something—this isn't an April Fool's joke, is it?

“Hey, Strong Bad. You jumped over some u’ my busses.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 02:10:09 PM »
Hmm... Well, that's an awful lot of detail for it to be just an April Fool's joke....

But I shall still remain wary of that date.  *glares at the date*

~EDIT:  Whoops!  Watoad already mentioned it.  Well, it doesn't change the point of my own post, I guess.

Go Moon!

Edited by - Fifth on 4/1/2004 12:12:08 PM

Go Moon!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 02:38:19 PM »
[Bigger shots here now]

Edited by - Deezer on 5/2/2004 1:47:50 PM

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 02:41:26 PM »
I hope there'll be great tunes in PM2! I know the graphics will be great, though!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 02:55:14 PM »
WOW! I can't believe Nintendo is FINALLY making a new Paper Mario game for GameCube! Actually, I've always expected Paper Mario to be made for the 'Cube, but I didn't think it would be done so quickly!

I said this earlier, but I'll say it again: "Great graphics! Nintendo and Intelligent Systems have really enhanced the artwork that was made for the N64 version."

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 4/1/2004 12:56:07 PM

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 08:53:46 PM »
That koopa in the turtle neck, with the bandage on his nose who looks sad, you know the one, I feel bad for him, so sad looking... so sad... so sad...

This is a little dissapointing, I just got a new GBA game and will be getting Pikmom 2 if the demo at Wal-Mart is promising, but if it's good, I'll not be able to afford this, but I'd rather not hope for a sucky second Pikmin, although that seems suddenly wanted after seeing these screen type shots. There should be some kind of government funding for the children without enough gaming money. I'll probably use the excuse: "Bush owes it to young Americans for traumatizing them with an unneeded war over oil." or possibly a threat, like: "I'll steal your Tuna Helper if you don't do something or other."

Edited by - Popple on 4/1/2004 7:01:31 PM
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 09:03:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's not an April Fool's Joke. I think I read somewhere that Nintendo is the one that announced it as a Fall release, along with some other games.

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 09:40:40 PM »
If only Game-Science.com didnt put their stupid crap on the images, they would be perfect.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Print