Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476809 times)

« Reply #1095 on: February 03, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »
In Luigi's Mansion, vaccumming off the mask of a ghost shy guy will reveal a dark face with scary eyes or something, but I'm not sure about the real thing.

That's just a cartoon thing usually. But are there any female Shy Guys. LOL Shy Girls
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1096 on: February 03, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
There probably are, but aren't seen very often. Maybe the ones who wear pink and other feminine colors are female. Maybe if there are nd "Shy Gals", they'd have eyelashes and rosy cheeks on their masks.

« Reply #1097 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:14 PM »
Maybe Shy-Guys are a reclusive cult of Toads.

That's sounds likely to me.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1098 on: February 03, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »
Oy. Shy Guys and Toads have radically different body structures, plus their societies as well as their moral codes are radically different. Now we're venturing into fan**** territory. Please pardon my French.

See, the idea of Mariology as I see it is to take what's there and make sense of it, not just make stuff up or pretend things didn't happen. What I'm trying to say here is that there's no concrete proof AT ALL of Shy Guys being another species. They are their own species, and that's it.

« Reply #1099 on: February 03, 2007, 09:37:41 PM »
Well, as no one knows how old the Mushroom Kingdom is, the Shy guys may have been Toads in the distant past, separated, and became a completely different species.  Maybe, even, it was a Toad that was banished from a clan, and forced to wear a mask to hide his shame.  Others may have joined him for whatever reason, and they began their own group, all wearing masks in memory of that first banished Toad.  Outsiders not knowing why they wear their masks may have thought it was due to shyness, and dubbed the species Shy Guys, as their gender is difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish.  Over time, with different living situations and diets, evolved to their body structure that they have now.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1100 on: February 03, 2007, 09:48:46 PM »
Now we're venturing into fan**** territory.

Maybe, even, it was a Toad that was banished from a clan, and forced to wear a mask to hide his shame.  Others may have joined him for whatever reason, and they began their own group, all wearing masks in memory of that first banished Toad.  Outsiders not knowing why they wear their masks may have thought it was due to shyness, and dubbed the species Shy Guys, as their gender is difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish.  Over time, with different living situations and diets, evolved to their body structure that they have now.

Fan. Fic.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:03:25 PM by yoshimastar »
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1101 on: February 03, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
Did you do that on purpose, Coconut?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1102 on: February 04, 2007, 01:40:09 AM »
Note: I recognize the word of interest in here, but being that I do not quite recognize the significance, I will not edit it for historical reasons.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1103 on: February 04, 2007, 11:51:15 AM »
Sorry about that Suffix, I meant that it's just crap being made up by desperate fans.

« Reply #1104 on: February 07, 2007, 04:20:01 AM »
Isn't everything that's not in the explaned in-game (or by someone that made it) just junk made by fans?
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #1105 on: February 07, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
Noo, most of our ideas and statements come from information present in the games and we find ways of having it connect.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1106 on: February 07, 2007, 04:49:48 PM »
Except when you're pushed into a corner where it gets too difficult for you and you say "that didn't happen" or "it was probably _______", and sometimes you decide to explain things too much when the explanation in question could be rectified in a much simpler manner.

« Reply #1107 on: February 13, 2007, 03:50:01 PM »
Can 1-ups really exist? Bring you back to full health yea mabey but from the dead?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1108 on: February 13, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »
I think it's pretty apparent that the green shrooms are life-giving. Look at what happens when you use it on a dead bro in Mario & Luigi.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1109 on: February 13, 2007, 06:43:57 PM »
'Faint' is a more appropriate term.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print