Print

Author Topic: What do YOU collect?  (Read 7915 times)

« on: June 01, 2005, 07:39:53 PM »
Or, what did you used to collect? Everyone liked to collect something.

For me, it was and still is Pokemon cards, and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. Also, in the past, I have collected Beanie Babies, Goosebumps books, Pez dispensers, and Happy Meal trinkets.

So what did/do you collect?
If anyone says, "Dust," I will smack them back to last Tuesday.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »
Dust. I liked last Tuesday.

Animorphs books. Tragically, I stopped before the series ended (I thought it would never end).

Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all!

Magic: The Gathering cards. Don't really anymore, but I once was the official town judge (paid position).

Stickers. When I was really little.

Sonic the Hedgehog comic books. Still going!

Knuckles the Echidna comic books. The eventually canceled spinoff of Sonic (I have all of them except issue #1 :().

Video and computer games. I suppose these count, too.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 07:53:43 PM »
When I was younger, I was big on Matchbox/Hot Wheels, Micro Machines, then GI Joe and TMNT figures. Then it was football/basketball/baseball cards. Then it was Legos. Then it was comics. Then I got a job and didn't really collect anything. These days, I have the urge to buy Mario merchandise I happen to see while shopping, but I only give in sometimes.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 08:31:39 PM »
Hmm...
Keychains, pencils (kinds with prints and stuff on them, not the basic #2 yellow pencils--I don't use any kind of pencil 'cept for mechanical to write with), gel pens, stickers (I don't do that as much as I used to, but I still have a collection), Beanie Babies, Precious Moments statues, video games (I suppose that counts... The series I collect are Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and I suppose Banjo-Kazooie, though that doesn't have many games to "collect"), jewelry (necklaces, braclets, earrings, it's all good--and wearable!), game art (which works well with me being the image maintainer on TMK. Yes, I have a collection that exists on my computer XP)...and there's probably more, but that's all I can think of for now.
Oh yeah, I also collect (or more simply "keep") movie ticket stubs, and ticket stubs from other events, as a kind of memory thing.

I used to "collect" LEGOs and Barbies when I was younger, though those were more for entertainment purposes rather than for the sake of "collecting."

Yeah, I collect a lot of things. And I make a lot of lists, so I suppose those could count as "collections" as well. Gotta love having obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. XD

Edit: Oh yeah: Nail polish (though for use), and I try to collect one penny from every single year from the present to as far back as I can go. I also collect those state quarters.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/2/2005 10:47:30 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
Bouncy balls.  I have one from Reno, one from Denver, two from Great America... I have like thirteen in all right now.

Strange glass bottles.  I don't mean like ones with funky wrappers, because I soak those off.  I have two blue ones, two red ones, a yellow one, a "decorative sphere" that is light blue and has bubbles in it from Ikea, a cognac bottle with a black leopard on it, and one REALLY tiny bottle that used to hold tiny gemstones, but one day I felt sorry for them, uncorked it, and let them go in the backyard.

I used to collect pokemon cards, filled up one pokemon card box, and put the rare ones in another, but I can't find it!

Sea glass, almost, but somehow it is always lost or forgotten somewhere.  I want to bring a bucket to the beach and find colored ones that aren't green, brown, or clear.

Drawings, I suppose.  I keep them in a sketch book.  Oh yeah, and I plan on taking all my doodles from this year and slipping them in the back, because I drew some pretty good pics in some pretty boring class periods.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 09:03:50 PM »
I actually don't collect anything in particular... Most things that I obtain I keep. Like magazines. I've got a large sum of Popular Science, currently.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 09:13:27 PM »
Back wehn I was in 4th grade, I had to have everything related to Pokémon.

I really can't think of anything that's collectible....I do like to keep the sheet music of pieces I did in band, if I am allowed to. Sometimes they want the sheet music back.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 10:44:07 PM »
It seems all my collections are pretty much on hold until I get some steady money.

I collect game music, comic books (mainly certain Marvel series), classical records, action figures (Star Wars and Star Trek), Star Wars Customizable Card Game cards, and I would like to collect video games more than I'm able to at the moment.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 12:00:53 AM »
I collect coins.  I hear that when you collect 100 of 'em, you get an extra life.

...No, not really.
I guess you could say I collect video games, but really I just buy them so I can play 'em.  There aren't really any other tangible objects I collect.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 07:58:11 AM »
I collect and build Gundam Wing models.  Preferably level 5.

"An eye for an eye to all eternity:
thus is the law of Hell observed in me."~Dante Alighieri, Canto XXVIII, line 142
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 12:17:39 PM »
Penguin stuff. Just about anything with a penguin on it.

And star wars stuff.

And POGs. Anyone remember POGs?

And a very long time ago, I collected stamps.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 12:24:54 PM »
I used to collect Pokemon. I now have a comprehensive Cleveland Indians/Cavaliers/Browns collection. Every bobble head ever given out at any Indians game... I collect Vynal Albums, Including ACDC, Zeppelin, The Beatles and much more...

Good topic, Red.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 01:13:15 PM »
I used to try to collect POGs or POG imitations.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 01:21:13 PM »
I used to have a massive pog collection. I used to collect beanie babies(I still have them in the attic). Now I collect coins.

Time slowed and Reality bent.

But on and on the Eggman went.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 01:59:57 PM »
I collected Beanie Babies for a while, too. I think I have all the cats.

I also suppose I collected Star Trek: The Magazine. I have every issue.
That was a joke.

Print