Print

Author Topic: Randumb Garfield  (Read 246914 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2007, 01:19:11 AM »
I fixed the bugs in the Ultimate Generator (Including Boo_penguin's, check the code)

In case you forgot the URL, it's http://fwirtfiles.atspace.com/ultimate_randumb.html

EDIT: I updated it again, it now includes every comic back to 1985.  I could make it include every comic EVER but... Jon and Garfield looked different back then.  CONTINUITY PEOPLE!!!

EDIT AGAIN: I updated it YET AGAIN to include a variable date input.  Keep in mind that I did this all in one night.

THIS SHOULD BE THE FINAL EDIT:  If you saw any problems with the last edit, they should be fixed now.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:06:29 AM by Fwirt »
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2007, 01:19:31 AM »
I made this one with a specific task in mind: have Garfield lay around.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »
Hah.  Which version did you use?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »
I made my own :P

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »
I stumbled on to another generator and this is what I got:
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »
 It amazes me that the cartoons being made by these randomizers are funnier than the original Jim Davis cartoons.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:21:03 PM by -FoxMcCloud- »
-------------

« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »

What in blazes?

« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »
Apparently that's some really good coffee.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
I like how Jon doesn't change facial expressions.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2007, 10:01:07 PM »
First and third didn't need locking.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2007, 02:48:12 AM »
First is awesome, second is weak, third is okay.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2007, 08:25:34 AM »
I like how the one with Jon talking about good coffee was the actual strip of the day in the newspaper.

He must be onto us....
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:18 AM »

As you can see I decided to do some pseudo Sunday strip.  Does anybody have a database of the Sunday headers?

I started by locking Jon making his list.  After locking a few more frames I came across Garfield saying, "I'm bored", but I got overzealous with the randomizer and clicked it before locking.  You can probably tell that the I edited that frame.  A recover/back button would be a nice feature for the randomizer.  So would a Sunday strip generator, but I'm repeating myself.

After getting several frames that I thought would work well together I decided to do two strips; one from Garfield's point of view and the other from Jon's.  I did Jon's first because it was easier and I think it works better anyway.  I ended up throwing away a few frames I'd saved like Garfield's writer's block and a few other of him doing unrelated boring stuff. 

I could have made actual Sunday format strips, but I thought the first one (Jon's view) work well without two more frames, and the other frames I had for the Garfield one didn't really add anything to it.

What do you think?

Edit:  I took to long posting so Markio's post messed up my background color.  Oh well, I'm not changing it now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:35:42 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:56 AM »
First one's great.

The Sunday headers are with the rest of the strips in the archives.  But, like the panels, they're attached to the rest of the strip, and also you'd have to know which one's are Sundays.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #344 on: January 17, 2007, 02:18:54 AM »
Oh man, bobman's are all great. XD ...Except wtd is with the borked color?

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print