Print

Author Topic: Randumb Garfield  (Read 246552 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #855 on: September 11, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »
How is "trivet" a rural term?
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #856 on: September 11, 2009, 05:14:39 PM »
I assume any term I don't know the meaning of to be slang for a male reproductive organ.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #857 on: September 11, 2009, 07:02:03 PM »
That's funny, because that's the one object you're a walking thesaurus of euphemisms for.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #858 on: September 12, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
OOH SNAP MUTHA****A THIS IS SOME CRAZY [dukar] YOU GOT BURNED CRAZY
every

« Reply #859 on: September 12, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »
I'd consider it quite a compliment. They don't call me Long Schlong Johnson for nothing, you know. So put that in your purple-headed custard chucker and smoke it.

« Reply #860 on: September 12, 2009, 10:59:32 PM »
The only Penny Arcade comic (of a few) that I liked was the Star Fox Adventures parody where Fox flips the bird at the Kratoa statue. I agree with Fox, bafmodads are a ridiculous creation and sound like someone's spouting off nonsense. Another comic I liked was where the spiky-haired guy pretended to be Neo from the Matrix, planning to shape the Matrix to avoid a baseball launched towards his face. Needless to say it doesn't work.

1. I assumed it was a hamburger. You know, called a catburger just to be cute. Aren't you going to eat your cat dog? ...er, okay, that's wrong now since there is a CatDog.
2. First thing I thought was "Lassie". The comic probably shouldn't attempt to be smart. When it fails, it just stumps us. Don't be Dennis Miller. But it can fail to be smart and still stump people, like the Cow Tools comic of Far Side.
3. Probably before the Mondays hatred (and the "splut" pie) came in. But the weak joke justifies it, so Garfield could still hate Mondays while making this work.
4. No comment.
5. Weak "they sound funny together" names if that's what they're after. Guido makes no sense to me. Just call them Cottonball and Pudgy.
6. Lazy artist. It's about on par with the humor of other Garfield comics though, so it doesn't seem out of place.
7. I probably would have assumed the lady has pieces of wood shaped like cats to put into the fire, because I'd never imagine the comic would imply the lady's throwing actual cats into the fire. The latter would make it funnier, and as you know, that simply can't be.
8. Philosophical comics don't work unless the entire series is like that. I heard Bloom County was like that from time to time, although when I picked up "Opus" it was nothing but political jokes. Not being into politics, I couldn't understand a word of what I was reading. I guess the comic's just for the cute visual of Odie having a butterfly in his mouth. The comic could work if only it seemed like it remotely fit in. Oh, and I never think about who said those quotes, they sound just as legitimate as anything else. That is to say, the whole comic was a "too long, didn't read" for me.
9. Mm, nope, not a giggle. I guess it's for the last panel being so random, but I have no clue what she's talking about. She should have mentioned pirates or Michael Jordan. What I'm caught up on is I don't know what "three hun" is. Oh, three hundred dollars. Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
10. I thought Garfield was off his rocker until I saw the last panel. I didn't see anything crazy about how Roy was acting. Oh, and although Garfield uses thought bubbles, I always thought he was a talking cat because he said stuff, even though Jon couldn't hear it. So I never thought of what that commenter said.
11. Birds' bones knit quickly... no, I wasn't thinking about "knit". I was thinking about how unusual it was for Garfield to mention he broke his bones. That seems too... dark's not the word... non-young-child-friendly.
12. "You have no idea how alone you are, Garfield". Yeah, that's too scary and unexpected for a Garfield comic. And then Garfield just wakes up from it? That is easily the most bizarre comic of all. It doesn't feel like a Garfield comic at all. It's like he's going through purgatory or judgment day. The least Garfield could have done is momentarily reflect on his life while chowing down a lasagna.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:31:50 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #861 on: September 12, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
It said a new reply was posted, then I realized it was me... so ignore this post. It does not exist.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #862 on: September 15, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »
So now that Lyman has finally popped up in this thread, I have to ask: does anybody know what happened to him? I don't recall ever seeing a comic saying what happened to him. I know he and Odie moved in with Jon and Garfield, but Lyman has long since disappeared..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #863 on: September 15, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
According to Davis: "Don't look in Jon's basement!"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #864 on: September 25, 2009, 07:12:44 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #865 on: October 12, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »

« Reply #866 on: October 12, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
Should've replaced the purse with something obscene.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #867 on: October 12, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
No. Unlike everyone else in this thread, I appreciate the actual subtle insanity that already exists in Garfield. I don't need to edit it.

« Reply #868 on: October 12, 2009, 07:29:32 PM »
Besides, it's amazingly accurate: Liz(ard Dude) does forget her purse all the time.

« Reply #869 on: October 12, 2009, 08:31:32 PM »
Should've replaced the purse with something obscene.
Like Peach's ??? or Birdo's ? to prove it's a woman?
You didn't say wot wot.

Print