Print

Author Topic: Sequel Problem Solved! (Alot of rumors were wrong!)  (Read 38286 times)

« on: June 27, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »
Okay, I think I found the true sequel to Super Mario 64, and that is Super Mario Sunshine. Think about it, Super Mario 64 takes place in Princess Peach's Castle, and all of the courses (except Rainbow Ride) are portels. In Super Mario Sunshine, the first few courses are portels. In might have been based on SM64. Also, do you remember the quote, "Wow! Another Power Star! You're gaining more power to the castle!". Well, in Super Mario Sunshine, the Shine Gate gets power from the Shine Sprites. They could've been based it on SM64 also. Also, I think that New Super Mario Bros. is the sequel to Super Mario Sunshine. In the ending to Super Mario Sunshine, he wants to fight Mario again when he's bigger. Well, 4 years later, captures the princess, and now he fights Mario more often. Alot of rumors say that:

Luigi's Mansion could be a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine because Mario could've been abducted by King Boo after his vacation.

That's not true because Luigi's Mansion was made way before Super Mario Sunshine.

Super Mario 64 DS is the sequel to Super Mario 64.

Not true. It's still a remake even though it has some big changes.

Now you maybe know.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:46:41 PM »
Was this trip really necessary?

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »
The Chef, if you don't post, the guy will get the idea and stop making threads like this.

I personally think you should lay off posting for awhile, you post on average 21 times a day (according to your profile). That's more than any other regular here.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:48:13 PM »
Dang.

I mean, dang.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »
So I set a record, then? [/joke]

But in all seriousness, I guess I do post a lot, don't I?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »
yeah,last week you had about 800 posts,and now  like over 1000!And you've been only about a week here more than me.look at my profile and see the diffrence in the number of posts.Thats crazy.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 04:45:57 PM »
A lot. A lot. A lot. I hate it when people put the "A" and the "lot" together. Bugs me a lot.

Okay, I think I found the true sequel to Super Mario 64, and that is Super Mario Sunshine.

What? Which one is it, then?

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 05:00:39 PM »
Well, the Mario Timeline is so loose, there are lots of interpretations, this is the most accepted order: (Not counting spin-offs and remakes)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island>Yoshi's Story>Wrecking Crew>Donkey Kong>Donkey Kong Jr.>Mario Bros.>Return of the Mario Bros.>Super Mario Bros.>Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels>Super Mario Bros. 2>Super Mario Land>Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins>Super Mario Bros. 3>Super Mario World>Yoshi's Safari>Wario's Woods>Super Mario RPG>Paper Mario>Super Mario 64>Luigi's Mansion>Super Mario Sunshine>Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga>Paper Mario: The Thousand Years Door>Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time>Super Princess Peach>New Super Mario Bros.>(Possibly Super Mario Galaxy)

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 05:14:59 PM »
What I'd like to know is why everyone thinks that Mario RPGs anr't spin-offs?
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 06:18:27 PM »
[qoute=Nintendo Bros.]Luigi's Mansion could be a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine because Mario could've been abducted by King Boo after his vacation.

That's not true because Luigi's Mansion was made way before Super Mario Sunshine.[/qoute]

So? Star wars 1,2 and 3 came after 4,5 and 6

How do we even know there saposed to be sequals?

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »
Yeah, but it says somewhere that "Mario took the vacation after Luigi's Mansion." I believe it's in the instruction booklet, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:39:28 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 07:13:35 PM »
What I'd like to know is why everyone thinks that Mario RPGs anr't spin-offs?

Well, I meant spin offs in the sense that they don't have impact on Mario's adventurey life, that's why I counted RPGs, Yoshi games and Yoshi's Safari.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 08:37:26 PM »
Okay, I think I found the true sequel to Super Mario 64, and that is Super Mario Sunshine. Think about it, Super Mario 64 takes place in Princess Peach's Castle, and all of the courses (except Rainbow Ride) are portels. In Super Mario Sunshine, the first few courses are portels. In might have been based on SM64. Also, do you remember the quote, "Wow! Another Power Star! You're gaining more power to the castle!". Well, in Super Mario Sunshine, the Shine Gate gets power from the Shine Sprites. They could've been based it on SM64 also. Also, I think that New Super Mario Bros. is the sequel to Super Mario Sunshine. In the ending to Super Mario Sunshine, he wants to fight Mario again when he's bigger. Well, 4 years later, captures the princess, and now he fights Mario more often. Alot of rumors say that:

Luigi's Mansion could be a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine because Mario could've been abducted by King Boo after his vacation.

That's not true because Luigi's Mansion was made way before Super Mario Sunshine.

Not true. It's still a remake even though it has some big changes.

Now you maybe know.

No. No. No. No. Super Mario Sunshine is NOT the sequel to Super Mario 64! It has been confirmed that the true sequel to Super Mario 64 is Super Mario Galaxy (formerly named Super Mario 128). Just because SMS and SM64 have the same gameplay dosn't mean that they are sequels.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 09:05:46 PM »
Ta-Da!  From Wikipedia.

Main series Donkey Kong | Mario Bros. | Super Mario Bros. | Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (SMB2J) | Super Mario Bros. 2 | Super Mario Bros. 3 | Super Mario Land | Super Mario World | Super Mario Land 2 | Super Mario 64 | Super Mario Sunshine | New Super Mario Bros. | Super Mario Galaxy
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »
Face it people: Without strict references, there are no sequels. Only additions.

Print