Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 396194 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #750 on: April 30, 2009, 03:18:28 PM »
Remedied. People, the rest of that particular tweet is important as well.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #751 on: April 30, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »
I got a call today saying Klonoa Wii would be in Friday.  Either my calendar was correct the first time or this game was pushed up.  Either way I'm happy. 

Maybe I'm part of the problem, but as long as ports are good I'll keep buying them.  If Katamari Wii came out with Kororinpa Marble Mania style controls I'd buy three copies. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #752 on: May 04, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »
Zombies.

Lawns.

The very thought boggles the mind.

« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »
Even if you buy Patapon 2 in a shop, you just get a code to download. Bring on the future!

I imagine a lot of us will be going to see the Star Trek movie.

Finally I shall play Space Invaders Extreme.

The last few weeks of RB songs have been boring IMO but this week is mega rad.

And for Deezer this week we have Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses!.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #754 on: May 04, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
Star Trek?  With Sylar?  I'm so there.  Right after X-Men Origins.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #755 on: May 04, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »
Wolverine was last week, dude.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #756 on: May 04, 2009, 05:38:52 PM »
Sadly, I still haven't seen it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #757 on: May 04, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
Look how much the Crysis Complete Pack saves you versus buying the games individually!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #758 on: May 04, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »
Noticed that ages ago, TEM. Reminds me of the whole pricing fiasco back when Spore was added to Steam.

Seeing Star Trek in IMAX on Friday in Nashville. The next day or Sunday, there's a very good chance of me meeting Max Vance...and I'll get video.

As far as SIE goes, I don't know if you'll like it, LD, since shmups are one of your five least experienced genres, but the Jeff Minter visuals definitely make me want to have a go at it.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #759 on: May 04, 2009, 11:54:30 PM »
Plants vs. Zombies demo. Also 10% off coupon code (but if you buy it through Steam, it's half of PopCap's normal price anyway).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #760 on: May 05, 2009, 07:40:19 AM »
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/games/ba52/

It's not exactly from this week, but I've been sitting on this news for a while and this is as good a place as any to mention it. So, I guess ThinkGeek is selling new Dreamcasts for $15-$100. Or will. I'm not sure. IN any case, get 'em while they're hot!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #761 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »
That's cool, but what good exclusives are left on Dreamcast that haven't been re-released since its death?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #762 on: May 06, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »
Plants vs. Zombies gets rave reviews.

Defense Grid: The Awakening, another great, somewhat more traditional tower defense game, is $5 on Steam until May 13.

The Dreamcast is widely considered to be one of the best systems around when it comes to homebrew, but other than that and the fact that there's still another month until Marvel vs. Capcom 2's rerelease, there's not much reason to own one.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #763 on: May 09, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
I saw Wolverine last night... with Spanish subtitles. My uncle is partnered with some other guy to try to revive a dying theater in town by carving out a niche as the only Spanish language theater in the state. He invited us, so why not? Okay, it was a little distracting, but the action scenes didn't have much dialogue and that's where it's usually most entertaining, anyway. As for the movie itself, it was pretty good, but there were some things I didn't "get". Then again, I'm no comics guy (I've often thought about becoming one, but it's so late in the game that I'd probably kill myself trying to catch up)...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #764 on: May 09, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »
After being swept up in the fever of excitement based solely on the game's title I was underwhelmed by the demo of Plants vs. Zombies.

Print