Print

Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 4462 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 15, 2006, 07:35:22 PM »
I was at my local Blockbuster Video and someone told me the PLAYSTATION 3 was delayed until next year. She said it would not make it for the Christmas season, and that Sony messed up the release schedule.

She said the local television news talked about it, and that's how she found out.

I just checked Google News and there is no info about a delay.

Is the PS3 being delayed until next year, or was the person just mistaken?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »
That would be quite a delay, two days before launch.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »
I dunno, but I have some swampland in Florida that I'd like to sell to you.  It even happens to include Sony's PS3 warehouse on its acreage, but don't tell anyone.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 09:37:45 PM »
Is there any way to find out if Mario Maniac is in some type of timewarp that prevents him from getting up-to-date news?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 11:09:47 PM »
No, it's not delayed. It's price and date is all over the internet.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 06:25:33 AM »
Oh, and also, a friend of mine who works at an EBGameStop mentioned that their store only got 6 of the 8 PS3s they ordered.  You know, as opposed to 0 of 8.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 10:39:44 AM »
They maybe didn't sell much because Wii is better.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 11:16:46 AM »
They maybe didn't sell much because Wii is better.

Well, the Wii is better, but (sadly), the PS3 is prededicted to outsell the Wii.
However, these results should only be taken with a grain of salt, as many people who bought the PS3 are Sony fanboys that want to make the Wii look bad.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 12:13:32 PM »
the PS3 is prededicted to outsell the Wii.
That's almost impossible. There are only 400,000 PS3s for launch while there are a million Wiis. Unless 600,000 Wiis go unsold, there will be more.

Also, who predicted it?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »
PS3 is not doing too well with sales here (In Georgia), from what I know the only ones buying that thing are crazy fanboys that well.... hate Nintendo. But Wii attracts non-gamers and regular gamers. Yesterday I was at Target and a lady comes up to me asks "Didn't this system (The Wii) come out already?" I said no, but it would come out on the 19 of this month, she replied, "Oh, well I'm not spending $600.00 on a PS3 but that looks intresting." Even before that a guy asked me when the Wii was coming out, then he asked me the price, and he seemed to have noted that it would be cheaper than all the other systems. Now, I realize there are a bunch of people wanting a PS3, but all the talk here is about the Wii.
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »
However, these results should only be taken with a grain of salt, as many people who bought the PS3 are Sony fanboys that want to make the Wii look bad.

What the heck does that mean? Of course the only people who buy PS3s are Sony fanboys (or people who want to resell it on eBay), but that doesn't mean that most of them want to make the Wii look bad. It just means they want a PS3. It's not like I'd buy a Wii just to smite the PS3, because that'd basically be a waste of $250.

And in other news, I was practically killed the other day at my local GameStop. Not to get a PS3, but to return a game. A had to wait for five years in line with a bunch of sweaty nerds constantly pushing and shoving, and when I got out, the PS4 had already come out and I had grown two beards.
every

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »
A had to wait for five years in line with a bunch of sweaty nerds constantly pushing and shoving, and when I got out, the PS4 had already come out and I had grown two beards.

XD I agree with you Glorb. I know some people who want the PS3, but not to make the Wii look bad. My brother for instance. A Sony fanboy, but a Nintendo old-timer. The NES and SNES are among his favorites.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 03:14:50 PM »
Wow. The generalizations in this thread are reaching levels of well...fanboyism.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »
Oh yeah, go ahead and say that about ALL the generalizations.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »
PS3 fanboys eat little children and Wii fanboys can cure cancer. :D

Print