Bros. Attacks
13 (54.2%)
Bros. Items
8 (33.3%)
Can't decide.
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: Bros. Attacks or Bros. Items?  (Read 8081 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 03:32:14 AM »
If we're talking about Superstar Saga, I'll go with Bros. Attacks.  The only way to get better at them is to practice--which is fun.  As for items, most of them you just push a button and *poof*.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Sqrt2

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 04:03:48 AM »
I'll go with Bros. Items because of the ridiculous amount of damage that I can rack up with the green shell. Certaintly made a couple of boss battles go by a lot easier.
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »
I love the over-the-top, uber-destructive power of the Bros. Items, but there's still just something indescribably (classic? Fun?) About Bros. Attacks. Eh... Items for me, though I don't like how PiT was OBSESSED with those things. Seriously, why didn't they just take away your regular attacks?

Oh, and you wanna compare the games? Superstar Saga: One of the best GBA games ever, if not one of the best portable games ever, if not one of the best RPGS ever, if not one of the best games ever. Partners in Time: I want(ed) to love it, but I got to the final boss in, like, two days, tops. And then the final fight takes two-and-a-half hours. But what did you expect? It's a DS game: Kinda fun, but criminally easy and/or short (the drastically unbalanced difficulty later in the game is optional to all developers).
PiT still rocks, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »
I can't decide, but I know that I loved the GBA game while the DS version became boring to me.  I've yet to finish it, but am going to replay the original GBA game. 

My thoughts exactly, except for the can't decide part. Bros Attacks were funner to do because of the challenge of pulling them off successfully and pummeling your opponents to their defeat. Bros. Items felt cheap and were practically the only thing you needed to win in all battles in PiT.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »
That's exactly what I thought! Also, there was a best item of all of them. The red shell could be used over and over and over and over again until it finally just disappeared. It could cause such abominable damage, that it was the only one I used. Back when there were Bros. Attacks, I used every one of them (especially the Thunder-er-using one for multiple opponents).

I also miss the ability to make your characters hideously powerful. In my sophomore year, I dedicated many hours just for making Mario (and especially Luigi) immensely powerful, using beans and leveling up. I got to Level 95 (no joke), and then got a new game.

EDIT: I just spotted my game, and looked up the stats. Luigi has a power rating of 622. Mario? About half that much. Go go Teeheespresso! Also, they're Level 96.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:47:07 PM by Suffix »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 06:21:24 PM »
Uhhh, guys, I you didn't know, alot of bosses had certain stratagies on how to beat them, not just pummel on the damage. Like with Swiggler, you have to knock the Shroob Dr.'s that are holding the crossbone shroom, make it fall into the vim that Swiggler drinks, and his stats will be decreased, so you can use normal attacks. Also with Sunnycide. You have to break the eggs to find the Yoshi's inside. find enough to push that chomp rock onto Sunnycide. if not, every attack will do only 1 point, n00b's.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »
^ Well, yeah, but the point is that traditional attacks are useless.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 04:19:58 PM »
It's too hard. Bros. Attacks are fun and require good timing, but Bros. Items also require some timing and are a little repetitive. No offense, but I believe getting a game and not finishing it is a waste.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »
I prefer Attacks myself. Perfecting and advancing them is satisfying and fun to watch. And even if you mess up, it's good for a laugh. Items? Too repetitive and boring.

Yes, I have finished both games. In SS, both brothers are level 99 and Luigi is so powerful that the Time Bob-omb at the and of the Bowletta batlle doesn't knock him out. In PiT, not only are my characters at level 100, but I'm the first person on GameFAQs to pull off the feat.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 10:41:05 PM »
Good grief, that's a lot of power. I got Mario and Luigi to level 98 (in M&L 1), and then I finally decided it was time to give it a rest. But that Time Bomb still knocked them out...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 10:57:36 PM »
I believe I found out why Chicky's Luigi is so powerful.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
OMIGOSH! My secret has been revealed! And people still read that thing?!
But yeah. I used to be really good at the surfing game back in the day...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 11:32:54 AM »
Luigi is so powerful that the Time Bob-omb at the and of the Bowletta batlle doesn't knock him out.
I didn't think that was possible. Congratulations.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »
Hey guys, I just noticed, PiT DOES have Bros. Attacks..... Sort of, like that double jump with the babies! Or when Mario or Luigi grab the baby by the legs and swing them on the oponent.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print