Poll

What do you think of Mario Sports Games?

Good
16 (69.6%)
Bad
1 (4.3%)
I don't play them
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Mario Sports Games  (Read 16039 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
Well they do let that stuff go through but it has to have a block on it that lets only registered members of youtube that are over 18 watch it.  My youtube age is over 18 so I can continue through the block to watch it after I have confirmed my birthdate.

EDIT:  What does QFT mean?  I've seen it a few times but never knew what it meant.

Peach fanart at DevianArt.  Noted.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:39:20 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
EDIT:  What does QFT mean?  I've seen it a few times but never knew what it meant.
Quoted For Truth--you agree with what you quoted.

Peach fanart at DevianArt.  Noted.
One word: SigurdHosenfeld (but you didn't hear that from me).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:48 AM »
To get back on topic:
If I were to buy a Mario sports game for the Wii, which one would it be?  I'm leaning toward Mario Strikers Charged...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 08:41:07 AM »
Oh please no.  I highly suggest getting Mario Kart Wii or A Mario Golf game when it comes out.  And if you can't get any of those then Super Mario Sluggers.  Any thing but Mario Strikers games.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 10:58:50 AM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't really consider MKW a sports game. (Even though "technically" it is).

Mario Golf - Needs to die. I own all of them (minus the one for GB, but I have the GBA one). Mario Golf for GC was pretty good, I guess. Mario Golf for N64 is so boring I have never even had the attention span to beat one hole.

Mario Tennis - Needs to live. I love the games. I don't own them all, but I've played all of them (Once again, besides the GB one) and they're great. Mario Power Tennis for GC...well, I didn't get a good chance to really play it, but I did play it and I think it's awesome. Mario Tennis for N64 is fun too, I've played that one the most. I like the arcade style play and the wide character choice for an N64 game. The GBA version is pretty fun to, albeit kind of boring after awhile...

Mario Strikers - Never played one.

Mario Kart - This series is too good to be considered in the "Mario Sports" minority.

Mario Baseball - Very awesome, too. The only thing I don't like is the extremly unfair AI, but thats it.

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »
Mario Kart - Very cool. The track design has seriously reached it's highest point with the Wii version.
Mario Strikers - Very cool as well.
Mario Golf - Eh, not really interesting to me at all, especially since I think anything golf is boring in general. And mario golf is a lot more realistic than most of the other mario sports games. Mario Golf for the N64 is about as realistic as Mario sports can get.
Mario Tennis - Again, very cool.
Mario Baseball - Not as cool, but the new version looks to be more fun

Quoted For Truth--you agree with what you quoted

Actually, it can mean two things. Your definition is one of them, but there's another one that means the exact opposite - not to mention being rude (hint: Quit flipping talking, only more obscene). I've seen that phrase cause problems at other boards because people are not sure whether you are agreeing with them or insulting them. :P
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »
I personally did not like Mario Baseball. I sold it after a while because the gameplay was too repetitive.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »
I never played any of the new sports games to give good judgment but the ones I played like Baseball for Game Boy were pretty fun.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:13:53 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »
Mario Golf - Needs to die.
The only ones that need to die were those old GB/A ones with the bizzare RPG/country club mash-up and dorky "real" people.

Also, do not buy Mario Kart Wii.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
Always believe it when ShadowBrain tells you that [Wii game] sucks.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 09:37:50 PM »
C'mon. You know I'm not the only person around here who was let down by that game.

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »
Mario Kart Wii was a letdown for me.  The Blue shells and Lighting bolts are way too abundant, they are even more common than banana peels, and there is a serious problem when that happens.  Plus I hate how there has to be 12 players on a team in battle modes, why couldn't we have the option to do a good old 4 player battle, and what happened to the loser gets turned into a bomb?  Plus I noticed that the tracks aren't as explorable as they used to be.  Also the characters don't even get unique items like in MKDD. 
Victory... is my destiny!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 09:45:17 PM »
It's fun with five or six players on Wi-Fi. But I'm sure the same thing in an F-Zero game would make it obsolete, if it were fast when playing online. So if and when there's a Wi-Fi F-Zero for Wii, you'd all better buy it!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 09:48:04 PM »
Mario Kart Wii is quite good, in fact. It only has a few flaws. And you CAN have 4 player battle, just turn off computers in settings.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 09:51:09 PM »
Here's the thing: Loved the tracks, loved the tricks, loved the bikes, loved the Wii Wheel, loved the graphics (by which I mean they weren't that bad). The only problem... four extra racers. It's not that there's more Blue Shells, etc., per se; it's just that there's more racers to use said items when they're programmed to suck. In a "normal" racing game, more cars is fine, but in Mario Kart, it transforms what was once a kind of luck-based racer into a full-out roulette wheel on... er, wheels.

Also, pretty much all the new characters were really stupid. Funky Kong must die.

When it comes to Mario spin-offs, I don't think anyone at Nintendo ever even thought the words "less", "is", and "more", in that order, at any point.

Print