Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 144778 times)

« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »
That's what I did, but it became powerful enough to battle on its own. My current team is Grovyle Lvl 22, Kirlia Lvl 22, Ninjask Lvl 20 and Shedinja Lvl 20. Shedinja will be ditched for Feebas, Absol and Salamence.

Oh. Okay.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2006, 12:00:34 AM »
w00t, I beat Wattson! My main team (excluding Poochyena and Shedinja) is now entirely above Lvl. 25, and Kirlia's about to evolve. I need a good Water Pokemon, and fast... I'm at Flannery's gym. Can someone please help?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »
Tip number one: Get at least one water Pokemon. That almost always works.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2006, 12:42:57 AM »
Unofrtunately, I'm waiting to get a Feebas, and, eventually, a Milotic. I've come up with a plan, though... I'll just use Kirlia's Psychic on Slugma, due to its pretty lousy Sp. Def, and maybe take out Numel as well. Then, I'll switch to Ninjask and Shedinja, then use Screech, allowing Grovyle to attempt to KO with Slam or Fury Cutter v Camerupt. Then, I'll send Kirlia out again, to pwn Torkoal with Psychic. That's my plan.

Also... we've started work on the game again. We've got double the staff, a better storyline, and the people I'm making it with have more experience.

« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2006, 08:03:28 AM »
Yay! I can't wait to see it! ^_^

« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2006, 01:13:34 AM »
GiftedGirl shouldn't be the only one to bump this topic >=O

Anyway, my team is going very well. Here it is:

Grovyle Lvl. 31
Gardevoir Lvl. 31
Ninjask Lvl. 28
Shedinja Lvl. 24
Poochyena Lvl. 15
Marill Lvl. 4

Like I said earlier, I'm only training the first three/four. I recently beat New Mauville, and am on my way to catch Feebas and visit the Weather Institute.

« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2006, 08:09:29 AM »
GROVYLE IS IN MY TOP SIX FOR POKEMON. *borrows your Grovyle for just a minute*

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2006, 08:14:45 AM »
I've discovered some glitches in Red that I never knew could happen.

You probably know that you can fish "inside" pillars/statues at Fuschia Gym, right? Well, you can also fish inside the ones at the Cerulean Gym, but here's the thing: you can catch Pokemon! I didn't know that you could fish in any statue, and even strategy guides said that nothing can be caught in the FG's statues, but I fished out a Lvl. 15 Psyduck in the CG.

Also, inside the Unknown Dungeon, where you catch Mewtwo, there are the raised platforms/hills that you normally can't stand on. Well, on the route to (refer to spoiler), immediatelly when you exit the 2nd ladder on the only right route, go down, and you will be standing on the platform! However, the only ay to get off is to go back down the ladder. Also, when your only a few steps away from (refer to spoiler), there is a bigger platform. Go to the shaded side that appears to be not as steep as the other side, and you can step up/on that platform, too! You can also face Pokemon there. If I can, I will get pictures.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2006, 12:11:55 PM »
That spoiler is about as spoiler-ific as Darth Vader revealing to Luke that he is his father.

Why does everyone always complain about the difficulty with catching Feebas? It took me like only 3 tiles to find it, then I had Ditto placed in the daycare with my only Feebas so I would never need to fish for it again.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »
The only Pokemon game I've ever owned was LeafGreen.  It was pretty good, but I got bored with it and sold it to Suffix.  I'm interested in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.  Has anything been said about a Pokemon Wii game and if it would have connectivity to any other game? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »
I found Feebas easily in my third game of Emerald, but I'm in my fourth now and it's nowhere to be found. =\ Is it before the Weather Institute or after? I forgot ^^'

Luigison: There's going to be a game called Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii. It looks like another Stadium/Collosseum, but the graphics are better. Groudon, in the trailer, used a Hyper Beam, and it actually destroyed part of the arena. Also, Pikachu used something that looked like Tackle, and he hit the opponent physically. I want Mystery Dungeon and Diamond more, though.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »
Thanks.  I almost picked up Emerald today, but changed my mind.  I'll probablly wait for Mystrey Dungeon.

Isn't there something (GCN disc?) that allows you to transfer Pokemon between several games?  If so, what is it and what games work with it?  Are future games expected to work with it?  I ask because if you are supposed to "Catch them all" shouldn't they all be put in a central location?  Sorry if my questions are ignorant.  I'm new to Pokemon.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2006, 09:40:08 PM »
Man, I have had such a great time with LeafGreen. Now I have Emerald, and am using it in conjunction with the two.

Luigison, you're thinking of "Pokemon BOX," which hosts a frightening number of Pokemon for use in various games. I don't know exactly how it works, though. I'm thinking of getting a GCN Pokemon game.

I'd like to be able to "Catch them all," minus the few that require downloads from those idiotic events that are hosted in large cities. But! If the DS games create a whole new roster of Pokemon, I will be pretty angry. I liked the Kanto Pokemon, less the Hoenn, and even less the Orre. They're running out of good ideas, from my perspective.

Anybody want to hear about my 1337 teams?

« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2006, 12:22:01 AM »
Box is just like the Pokemon Box from R/S/E/FR/LG, but bigger. You can also obtain Pokemon with strange moves (eg: Pichu w/ Surf, Skitty w/ Pay Day). It can hold 1500 Pokemon.

Some of the Hoenn Pokemon are okay, imo. I don't like some of Johto's, though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #299 on: August 02, 2006, 06:13:37 PM »
What? Gold-Silver-Crystal was the best point in time for the series. It wasn't so broken as Red-Blue-Yellow (for instance, boxes being full and you not knowing because no one is around to tell you), yet not so overflowing with new species and statistical junk no one cares about as Ruby-Sapphirae-Emerald. But yes, some of the GSC species were odd... as if the RSE ones were any mroe normal. Some of the RSE ones just don't even feel like they're Pokèmon at all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print