Print

Author Topic: Do you got a girlfriend?  (Read 21001 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2005, 06:08:50 PM »
Wah! Too many big
globs of text! I can't handle
it. Or maybe I'm

still just too tired.
Thanks, Lizard. Now I guess I
half understand what

you said. Maybe the
rest of my confusion lies
in a glob of text

that I did not quite
manage to read. Too bad for
me. No soup for you.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2005, 07:38:26 PM »
The getting on your
case is because we don't like
you, Sapph.  JUST KIDDING! @_@'

Unrelated to anything, the woman who plays Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies was in the Super Mario Bros movie as someone.

Edited by - Markio on 5/23/2005 6:39:05 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2005, 07:40:16 PM »
Markio brightened my minute.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2005, 08:07:11 PM »
Honor to serve you,
Red Paratroopa. Aw gee,
I'm a copy cat.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2005, 08:14:14 PM »
Haikus rock.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2005, 09:15:40 PM »
Deezer rocks.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2005, 09:56:10 PM »
Unrelated to anything, the woman who plays Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies was in the Super Mario Bros movie as someone.

Not just anyone... Lena.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2005, 12:43:14 AM »
ALL FOLLOWING MATERIAL IS HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE, AND SUBJECT TO CHUPPERSON WEIRD'S OPINION. TAKE ALL CONTENT AS SUCH.

TEM says: "I like redheads and freckles."
-Somewhat surprisingly to myself, I would too, if I wasn't attracted to someone who has neither freckles nor red hair.

MMM says: "All women are fiends angelical, serpent hearts housed in beauty, sirens luring us guys only to crash painfully on the rocks."
-Mad acts stupid lots.

ledzeppelinrocks says: "I just think they're hot."
-ledzeppelinrocks is a pure idiot for that comment.

superstarMASIAH says: "I've been wanting to reply to this topic for a very long time. I would like to comment on LD's post 'Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all' In most cases, not true."
-See Sapphira's reply to this comment. If you really love someone, then it's always worth it. From what I've seen, most people don't really know what love even is.

I'm just sorry, but I find that Todd's post reeks of shallowness and misconceptions.
"Nothing serious at all, hugs and kisses only, and they usually never lasted long at all. I think the longest one was about six weeks."
-In my considered opinion, if you kiss someone, it had better be serious. That's just about the most serious and sincere expression of love that I can think of. If there's something more "serious" than that, as far as such relationships go, then I'm very confused.
If you don't think you should be in a relationship, then for both people's sake, say something.

I also have qualms with this post:
"Because I know that it is basic human nature to be lustful. Humans are pure sin, and were created by some-one who knew right from the git-go!"
-First of all, that statement really didn't make any sense, and on top of that, I totally disagree with it. Going by this outlook, if humans are "pure sin," I see nothing worthwhile in living, caring about anything, or even existing.
"You never said this, but it sounds like you are trying to make yourself seem like youve never been physically attracted by some-one."
-You realize, that could be possible. Just because most people are like that, it doesn't mean everyone in the world is that way. That's the problem with your first generalization, also.
I am quite sure that I have never felt this sensation known as "lust."
I've only ever had one crush on a girl, when I was 7 years old. She was probably 13-15, something like that. We were in a play together. I don't even remember caring when the play was over; I don't even have any idea what she was like anymore. However, that feeling caused me to shallowly pursue for a number of years another girl, whom I had known for a while before this. Eventually I realized that this was pointless, because even though I wanted them to be, the feelings were not genuinely there.
A couple years later, and I was still good friends with this girl. Only then, slowly, I realized that I did actually have genuine feelings for this girl. I tried to tell her about it, but she didn't really want anything to do with it. This has gone on for several years. More than ever, now, I believe I love this girl. She is the best friend I have. We're going to be going to different colleges, but chances are I will still be able to see her somewhat regularly. And I will still love her, even if she never returns my feelings. I believe she is the only person I could truly love. There have been a few other girls whom I must admit I have found attractive, but I never once wanted to be in a "relationship" with them, because during all that time, I've known that I really love one girl, and only one girl.

In short, no, I do not got a girlfriend. I have something much more special, much more important; I have a good friend whom I love dearly. And I would never trade that friendship for the utterly shallow "status" of having a "girlfriend," especially as an end unto itself.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 5/25/2005 11:52:06 PM
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2005, 12:54:02 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree with almost all that Chup just said. Thanks for making it so I didn't have to rant more, bro. ;)

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2005, 07:40:31 AM »
Yeah, it would be weird if Sapph ranted about your opinions if you didn't write them first.

Pure being is getting hit in the face by a kickball.

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2005, 07:46:07 AM »
Great to hear you say that, Chup.  A lot of great relationships can come from solid, meaningful friendships where two people can work out their problems and be around each other long enough to really know more about them.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2005, 08:03:31 AM »
Oh sure, make an example of me!!!

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2005, 08:03:33 AM »
DP

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.

Edited by - superstarMASIAH on 5/26/2005 7:04:16 AM
I only watch [adult swim]

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2005, 02:27:02 PM »
I almost had a psychic girlfriend once, but we broke up before she met me.

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2005, 06:49:02 PM »
Hmm.  Interesting.  You know speaking of blondes, I know a really great girl/friend who graduated last year, and let me tell you she is one of the most caring, funny, talented, and incredible people I know.  Her name is Beka, the daughter of our pastor, and although her eyes are brown instead of blue, she has a wonderful heart for people and an amazing singing voice.  She has won lots of awards at different places and touched so many lives, and she's so nice that it's impossible not to like her.  If she doesn't become famous some day I will be very surprised.  I hope I can marry a woman almost exactly like her in the future.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print