Alot bigger than Mario
11 (31.4%)
Huge!
7 (20%)
Average size
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Best size for Bowser?  (Read 9299 times)

« on: September 27, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »
Bowser changes sizes it seems, how big do you like him to be?  The same size like in Super Mario Bros, slighty bigger as in Super Mario RPG, his usual size like in Mario Galaxy, much bigger like in Paper Mario, or his extremely large size like in Luigi's Mansion or in Super Mario Sunshine? 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:53:35 AM by Silver Metaknight »
Victory... is my destiny!

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:32:57 AM »
Bowser changes sizes it seems, how big do you like him to be?  The same size like in Super Mario Bros, slighty bigger as in Super Mario RPG, much bigger like in Paper Mario, or his extremely large size like in Luigi's Mansion or in Super Mario Sunshine?

No one of these...I think his "normal" size is the one of Mario Galaxy!I think it fits him! ;p

Then I think he becomes huge (such as in Mario Sunshine) when he drinks a magic drink (seen in Mario Party serie)...
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:35:27 AM »
Even though I like the colossal proportions in Super Mario Sunshine, I think his size was best represented in the cutscenes of Super Mario Galaxy.  Big enough to be really threatening, yet small enough to be realistic.

What was the point of quoting that?  There wasn't anything else to respond to.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:37:53 AM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:50:18 AM »
I'd have to say that his size in Super Mario Galaxy was most fitting. He was approximately 2-2.5x bigger than Mario. I think that should be an option.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »
I like him huge like in Luigi's Mansion.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »
I'm with Markio. When he's about as tall as a Mario and three quarters, that's impressive enough and it's more comfortable to have a conversation with something like that. But when he's the great colossus he was in Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine, that's quite a spectacle but cliche a bit awkward to talk to.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
I thought the Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine was cookie monster. But if I would have to pick one of the sizes it would be the SMG one.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »
The Bowser in Mario Sunshine sounded like those creatures that lived above ground in Fraggle Rock, but that's not for this topic..

I think the best sized Bowser was the one from SMG. I agree with Markio, and also BirdPerson. If he were SMG sized and tried to walk into Mario in some sequel to Mario RPG, that would be scary.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »
I also think he seemed best in SMG.
Have you had your daily dose of Nintendo today?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »
I felt his size was represented best in the RPGs (minus maybe the first PM) and Galaxy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 11:36:13 PM »
I really liked his SMRPG size, but for the purposes of the main games, his SMG size is best.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »
I'm saying Super Mario RPG size, but I confused that with "same size as Mario" (since I was thinking about their sprites... looked similar in my mind), so I essentially messed up my vote. Meant to vote "slightly bigger than Mario". Confirmed that when looking up videos of Bowser from Paper Mario versus Super Paper Mario. In the N64 one, Bowser's like three times Mario's size, and that was odd. In the GameCube one, he's a little less than twice Mario's size. Yet the Bowsers in both those Paper Mario games are probably the same sprite. So either the Mario sprite got a makeover and was made bigger, or Bowser was made smaller.

As for the general look of Bowser (which wasn't mentioned, but I'll do it anyway), I prefer a clean look but slightly rugged (visible bumps but not bumps everywhere), not so cutesy as to be bubbly, not as realistic as the Smash Bros. games (by the way, I think Bowser in Smash Bros. Melee looks terrible in the static render, but wonderful in motion), slight orange hue instead of golden colors.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »
In Paper Mario, Bowser is roughly twice Mario's size for most of the game. Before the final battle, Kammy Koopa powers him up with a spell that makes him grow dramatically, with blue steam (it was blue, wasn't it? The Master's steam was yellow, I know that much) rising from him. I think the steam means "My max HP is 99."
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »
I'm with Markio.
I agree with Markio, and also BirdPerson.
I feel so noteworthy!

I think his size in Super Mario Galaxy equates to his size in the original Super Mario 64, except the graphics are extremely better in the former.  I think they set a good size standard for Bowser with SM64 and are finally returning to that size because it fits best.  Especially since characters' sizes are hard to represent in a Kart or on a field, or even in an RPG(Mallow just goes in Mario's pocket half the time?).
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
The great thing about Super Mario RPG there is that it does follow the trend of the main character being the only visible character outside of battle, but also parodies it. When talking to Gaz and about to go, and Gaz suddenly stops the group to give Geno the Finger Shot, Mallow and Geno bump their heads on Mario's and Mario cringes.
It's YOUR problem!

Print