Poll

Which crossover would you like Mario to be in?

With another Nintendo series.
5 (23.8%)
With a third party series like Sega.
3 (14.3%)
With another gaming company like Sony.
1 (4.8%)
With a non-gaming series like Disney.
3 (14.3%)
With Barney!
1 (4.8%)
No, the SSB series is enough.
8 (38.1%)
Mario should never appear in a crossover!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Mario crossovers?  (Read 8581 times)

« on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »
Mario has been in a few crossovers, like The olympics games and the Super Smash Bros. series.  However, what if he had an actual adventure crossover, like a Paper Mario game or an 3-D platformer game where he has to collect 120 shiny things along with Link,or Sly Cooper, or maybe with the Green Lantern?
Victory... is my destiny!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:38:03 AM »
No, Smash Bros. is enough.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
It's either Nintendo vs. Capcom or Nintendo X Sega. Take your pick.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »
Mario/Link crossover(s) FT-freakin'-W.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
Definitely Mario/Sega crossover.  Sonic games are the second best games in the world (one below mario games) so a crossover of those two would be the ultimate awesome game of eternity.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games = The Ultimate Awesome Game of Eternity?

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »
If Mario were to crossover with any other main series in the Nintendo universe, it would be Kirby (or possibly Mother/Earthbound, but that's incredibly unlikely). Most of the other series are just too realistic.

Regardless, my money for a future crossover would be a proper Mario/Sonic crossover (as in, a real action/adventure game, with both companies collaborating).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games = The Ultimate Awesome Game of Eternity?

No because that is also a crossover of something non gaming, the Olympic games (the example in the poll was Disney).  Thats more of a Mario/Sonic/Olympics crossover.  It has to be strictly the Mario and Sonic worlds and Characters put in preferably a racing or adventure format.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »
Wow, then... a game combining the crappy voice-acting and cheap deaths of the (3-D) Sonic series with Mario? Bring it on!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »
Smash Bros is enough. Mario's too bizarre-o a series to really mix with anything else. But, assuming that it could somehow work in theory, crossovers aren't the best thing in the world anyway... A spin-off would work better than a crossover adventure or RPG, though, because the plot wouldn't have to be hammered out to fit both sides. Look at the Subspace Emissary--kind of a mess, leans on Kirby more than anything, a lot of the characters' actions don't fit them, the very end lets you finally pick your players because a battle between everyone and Tabuu would be ridiculous, the crazed amount of silent protagonists trying to share the spotlight doesn't allow for dialogue (but thank goodness, we could have had some spectacularly bad dialogue), very few NPCs, and much much more. But then, you don't have to give the plot a second thought for why everyone is just trying to smash each other to oblivion. They just are. And it's fun. And that's why super Smash Bros. is as wonderful as it is.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
Technically, Mario was made with the intention to be able to place him in anything. So, anythings possible.
I really don't care much for logic.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 06:41:32 PM »
I dunno. The best fan-related attempt to mix Mario and Sonic is Super Mario Bros. Z, and that's mostly comprised of Mario RPG and Sonic Battle references, which if done in an official game would be quite the amazing experience.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
Mario's too bizarre-o a series to really mix with anything else.
They could make it more realistic while still fitting Mario's character, something like what they did in the Sonic Adventure series.

I think a proper Mario/Sonic crossover ("proper" meaning it actually has a story) would be nice, though getting it to work might be tricky. It's certainly doable.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
I'm glad to see that Reading agrees with me.  I thought I would only get a bunch of "lolz" for saying a mario/sonic crossover.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
Well, you do from me. I don't get what everyone sees in the games that makes them so perfect to cross. One's the mascot for Nintendo. One's the mascot for Sega. Nintendo and Sega and thus to a point Mario and Sonic used to go at each other (or at least in the fanboys' minds). Now Sega's out of the console business and so Nintendo and Sega are cool, as each helps the other make money. Buuuut big deal, that doesn't mean Mario and Sonic have to share a game.

Edit: Obviously this is all just my opinion. Don't get all angry about it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print