Print

Author Topic: Should Waluigi just die?  (Read 59567 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »
Twisted wasn't nearly as late as Final Fantasy VI.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »
You are a know-absolutely-nothing.

There should be a Balance Board WarioWare game, though.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »
I thought Smooth Moves was the Balance Board version. o_O
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2009, 08:49:19 PM »
The Balance Board wasn't even out yet.

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
Smooth Moves would be a good one to try first though.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2009, 12:43:33 AM »
Really, it seems like games that are incredibly late in a console's life should be the better games because there's more familiarity with the hardware and because more people have the console so they can be marketed more to a specialty audience since a larger portion of that audience will have the console than early in the console's life. But maybe I'm spewing poop logic. At least I like WarioWare more than some throwaway edutainment game.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2009, 11:44:44 PM »
I second Lizard Dude's notion that Wario Ware is one of the neatest new series to pop up in videogamedom in the past few years or so.

And TV Themes, no offense, but you really don't seem to know much about anything you're talking about. Perhaps it would be best if you paid Wikipedia a visit. Afterwards, go play all five Wario Ware games.

Speaking of all five, I was very disappointed that Wario Ware Snapped didn't at least have enough microgames to vary slightly from playthrough to playthrough. But the fact that it's the same 5 or so games in every set makes it incredibly repetitive. Good thing it was basically free with the DSi.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2009, 11:20:18 AM »
Waluigi is a pointless character that only appears in Mario sports games.  And in those sports game, how many of you play as him?
"My new kingdom has no place for old superstars"
-Bowletta

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2009, 11:32:28 AM »
*facepalm*

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »
And in those sports game, how many of you play as him?

I do. He's absolutely hilarious, especially in Mario Strikers.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:17:09 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2009, 07:26:10 PM »
Waluigi is a pointless character that only appears in Mario sports games.  And in those sports game, how many of you play as him?

Speak for yourself. You're just some two-bit enemy drone variant that appeared as part of a mini-game in ONE game.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »
You could say the same about lots of chracters in Mario. And technically Waluigi has been in more than just sports games. It's kind of arbitrary to categorize characters as being "pointless" in a game series like Super Mario Bros. Even so, Waluigi provides some hilariously edgy vulgarity to an otherwise overly-child-friendly line of games.
= = = = = = =

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »
Just to clear up some things once and for all:

--There was no life meter in any of the Wario games until WL4.
--Touched came before Twisted (so Wario Man was in Touched first), but Twisted was severely delayed to space out the two (also, Twisted is probably my favorite WarioWare, though I still can't beat the Wario Mambo on my own).
--Though there might as well be a WarioWare game that utilizes the Balance Board, Smooth Moves didn't (primarily for the reason stated by The Chef).

Regarding Tv Themes:

--Incredibly short, increasingly fast, rapidly repeating minigames have been done to death?
--The first WarioWare game doesn't have "Party" in the title, nor is a Nintendo game with multiplayer that features Mario-related characters automatically a Mario Party clone.
--A game that uses controls similar to a game that came long before it isn't a rip-off.

Also, I would like to try Shake It eventually but don't feel like paying $50 for it based on what I know about it so far.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:26:23 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2009, 01:06:17 AM »
And how can Wario's moveset come from a game that wasn't around at the time yet?

Have you ever played as Wario in Brawl? His victory theme comes DIRECTLY FROM Wario Land: Shake It!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2009, 02:06:49 AM »
His victory theme comes directly from Wario Land as a series, and happened to be used in Wario Land Shake It since it's... well, part of that series.. It's a recurring song from the older games. It was even used in Mario Tennis 64.
= = = = = = =

Print