Print

Author Topic: Should Waluigi just die?  (Read 59577 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
@Kojinka - exactly.

@Sqrt2 - I'd like to see him in something other than WarioWare and spinoffs, but you're definitely right about Daisy. And every successive apperance in a game, she seems to grow even more insane. (MP8, anyone?)  Strangely enough, Waluigi seems to be taking quite a different turn, what with the rose in his victory pose in MP8. Reminds me of comic 0000017 here, and vice versa.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »
I renew my objection to Nintendo just making up new characters.  There's tons of them!  Why in the world do you need to make more up?  Waluigi?  TOADETTE?  LIke...wow!  What were they thinking.  I hope somebody got fired for that.

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 10:18:08 PM »
Daisy was in... no, wait, Pauline was in Donkey Kong '94 and the original Donkey Kong. So is Pauline another Waluigi?

As for Waluigi making as much sense as the WarioWare characters... yeah, I agree, these guys came out of nowhere. But at least they have enjoyable interjections when you win/lose games. I'd go crazy from Waluigi sounds. And I like Dribble and Spitz. That reminds me, one YouTuber comment said that the Fudgehog noises in the Fudgehog romance dance for "Viva Pinata" sounded like Waluigi. They really do. If I had to hear that in WarioWare... ugh.

And I second bullykoopa. When I saw that a decent portion of the cast for the new Mario Kart game (or baseball game or whatever it was) was just baby versions of characters, I threw my hands up in defeat. Toadette was pretty ridiculous, but Baby Daisy... there better be an upcoming Yoshi's Island game with all these babies just to give them a reason for existing.
You didn't say wot wot.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 11:26:43 PM »
... there better be an upcoming Yoshi's Island game with all these babies just to give them a reason for existing.

No please. Look at what happened with YI:DS. I'm pretty sure more babies won't make it any better.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »
Funny how people actually care about Waluigi when he's never done anything of note.

Guess in another couple of years, we'll have Baby apologists as well as Toadette fans.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »
I don't know why people keep saying he has room for personality and stuff. I sure as heck don't want to see him put in a place of more prominence.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 02:48:01 PM »
Depends on what you mean by prominent. He'd probably be fine as a recurring boss type guy or something alongside Wario in an RPG. As of now, they could stand to just make him the villain of the spinoff games. Mario Party 3 and DDR: Mario Mix sorta had that line of thinking,

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 07:17:03 PM »
really?  They made a baby daisy?  WOW!  That's just...........sad.

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 08:11:04 PM »
Next thing you know they'll make a Baby Waluigi. And a Baby Birdo...and a Baby Petey Piranha...and a Baby Kamek...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:13:20 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 10:40:30 PM »
Canonically there can never be a baby Kamek for it to be a Yoshi's Island + Baby Mario game.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Sqrt2

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54:31 AM »
Canonically there can never be a baby Kamek for it to be a Yoshi's Island + Baby Mario game.

I'm sure they could find a way (such as a rip in the space-time continuum, or something).

And who says it has to be a Yoshi's Island game anyway?
AA fanboy and proud!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 03:55:48 AM »
A game that was actually set in the time period when Kamek was a baby could be pretty interesting.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 06:46:58 AM »
My thoughts exactly, and I don't wish to travel any farther back in time to obtain it.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 07:48:02 AM »
As far as Japan is concerned, wouldn't that just be Baby Magikoopa?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Waluigi and Toadette are at least halfway stand-able, but I agree that when over half the cast of a sports or kart game is baby characters, a line has to be drawn. It only makes sense in games that involve being in that time period (the YI games) or time travellling back (M&L2).

I really can't think of any Warioware characters that I would replace with Waluigi. Maybe he and Wario could just share a stage or something..? As long as Waluigi gets his own cool jacket and a couple of new voice clips..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print