Poll

You can own only one:

Xbox 360
23 (76.7%)
PlayStation 3
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: 360 versus PS3  (Read 79086 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »
HEY GUYS LET'S CONTINUE TO YELL ABOUT A FICTIONAL PRINCESS'S GOLF CLUB ON AN INTERNET FORUM.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2010, 10:01:33 PM »
While I felt compelled to retaliate towards bobman for making a totally idiotic post, I must agree with you, CrossEyed. Let's move on.

By the way, good going with your all caps post there. Really put me in my place. /youknowwhatgoeshere
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
I will begin by saying I wasn't attacking you or anyone else. I was merely correcting you. Or, attempting to.

I didn't mean you invented the term "1 Wood", I meant you might have invented the fact that she's swinging a 1 Wood. It could be any other type of wood. Perhaps it says "Peach swings a driver!" somewhere in the manual or on nintendo.com; I did not research.

The driver and the fairway woods are, in fact, completely different clubs. Fairway woods are designed for long shots off the fairway, whereas drivers are primarily used with tees.

I did read your post, and I was backing you up.

Today I Learned: A driver may technically be referred to as a 1 Wood. But yeah, no one really calls them that, drivers are more often associated with degrees of loft.

I'm a little confused why you got so hostile after my post, but it was actually kind of funny. Perhaps anger management would be a good first step.

Lastly, thank you for saying my name correctly.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:32:57 PM by bobman37 »

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »
New category proposal for 2010's ADVANCED Poster Awards: "Best Tangent". We already have an excellent contender right here.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2010, 12:55:52 AM »
I hate this thread.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2010, 07:51:24 AM »
I didn't until you said that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
I actually kind of hate this thread too.
every

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
I vote 360.  Playstation makes my hand cramp up.
I only watch [adult swim]

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
Hey, what kinds of dirty games are you playing on that thing?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2010, 07:38:47 AM »
He played DIRT and then Wet.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
Well, this is a surprise. Another announcement like this and I'll retract my previous statement and look into buying a 360.

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2010, 10:27:21 PM »
Another announcement like this and I'll retract my previous statement and look into buying a 360.

Quote from: Siliconera
Deathsmiles is a horizontal shoot ‘em up with a gothic lolita theme.

Why am I not surprised?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
More like
Quote from: Siliconera
For the first time ever, a console port of a Cave shoot ‘em up is being localized.
I would've preferred it to be the PS2 port of DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou, since that would've allowed me to play it on a system I already own without having to mod anything (and it wouldn't have been the ultra-buggy 360 port, and a military shmup would probably be better-received in the US than a gothloli shmup), but Death Smiles is good too.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »
And here's the final confirmation. Sounds like it's going to have Mega Black Label (which was DLC costing 1200 MS Points in the Japanese version) on the disc.

Unfortunately, due to 5pb (a visual novel company [!!!] who developed the ultra-buggy 360 port of DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou and are developing the port of Ketsui) being some of the biggest *******s on the planet, the only other Cave ports we have a chance of seeing released in the US are Mushihime-sama Futari, which is already region-free, and ESPGaluda II, which doesn't even come out in Japan until next month. One of those is another girly shmup. The other is a hermaphrodite shmup. This should tell you a lot about their chances of selling well in the US.

Well, I suppose I should be happy that all of these games are on the superior platform. It also means the extra hundred dollars I'd be spending on the system would instead go toward the games I'd be buying.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »
Man oh man does this bring me back.

I remember when people said that they liked Xbox or PS2 and would be talked down upon for saying it. Everyone else would act like such smug *****es, it was hilarious yet sad. It was worse than when someone mentioned that they liked Pokemon.

Xbox for me. PS3 has some good exclusives but it seems kind of pointless to get if you already have a working 360.
Professional Paisano here

Print