Print

Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 4279 times)

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
Have a great year, and may you find a great game!
Good sir

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »
Y-you too

please respond
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
Thanks!
Good sir

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
As part of my new year's resolution that I pretty much already started, I'm gonna start a weekly video series chronicling my path to being healthier among other changes and commitments I must take on in my life. Hopefully people will enjoy it. I'm gonna make it pretty effects-heavy.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
Will it be on YouTube?
Good sir

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 06:05:11 PM »
Yes it will be

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »
What will it be called?
Good sir

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »
I'm calling it Patrick Gets It Goin'. (that's me, btw lol.) I want people to be able to participate in the series with their goals, too, which I will explain below.

Anyway, my life is pretty stagnant right now, and I haven't been able to work up the motivation to start becoming healthier. I weigh more than I ever have in my life as of late. 234 pounds at six feet tall. It's not horrible, but I'm really starting to get a gut now. My goal is to lose about 45 pounds over the next year (I'm sure it will end up happening faster) while doing strength training and topping it off with much better nutrition. I'm hoping that will break me out of this perpetual rut I seem to be in by stirring my life and body up.

I want to make it funny and develop my visual effects skills throughout the year, as well, so I can compare them a year down the road from today. The first episode will be explaining my goals, the series goals, and a bit more about my life... oh and an epic VFX battle against my subconscious in the style of Sticker Star.

There won't be any miracle diet/exercises/pills/etc. Just good ol' fashioned hard work and healthy food substitutions. The most awesome part, as mentioned above, is that I want people who watch to be able to share a bit of their stories as well and really become part of the series. If a viewer has a goal of any sort that they would like to share, I would love to be able to include them in the episodes, no catches.

SO, there's my long-winded explanation.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 10:12:53 PM »
Well go you. I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

You know what I want this year? I want a job to get some money, get a degree, go on a road trip and get caught up on a bunch of games. Like seriously so many games.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

Print