Print

Author Topic: How Did You Get Introduced To Mario?  (Read 4866 times)

« on: February 20, 2002, 05:29:00 PM »
As far as I remember, I first played the NES when I was about 4 or 5 year old. Although I can't remember what game was I playing, I ended up loving it! Then I got my own NES system, with Super Mario 3.

However, unfortunately for me, I was too stupid to realized what a great game I had, and I rarely play it. As a matter of fact, I rarely play the NES at all. The only systems I had in my entire life before I became addicted to video gaming was the GameBoy, Sega Genesis, and NES. I wanted to buy the mighty Super Nintendo, and I had it purchased for a short while, but my friend somehow convince me out of it(Hey, give me a break! I was an idiot back then!).

Then I bought the Playstation and N64. I play the Playstation for a while and like it, but if it wasn't for the N64, then I would of gone back to my idiotic state and never buy another video game for about 4 years or so. Then I played Super Mario 64, and became completely addicted. Although my incredible love of Mario came from this game, the fact that I wasn't a big fan of RPGs back then probably attributed to it. I'm a big fan of RPG now, but at the time, Super Mario 64 was the closest thing I had to an RPG.

And another thing, I am not lying! Look at my paragraph again, and tell me if there is anything that would be unlikely enough to be consider a lie. I even said that I didn't play Super Mario 3 all that much! Besides, this paragraph of my life is quite embarrashing and I appreciate it if you don't laugh at me now.

Nintendo, Born To Play.
"Here We Go!"
- Mario

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 05:47:45 PM »
I was first introduced to Mario back when I was six years old in 1992. I got a Super Nintendo for Christmas with Super Mario World and Mario Paint. Since then, Mario games have been my favourite.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2002, 09:09:29 PM »
When I was 2(Yes two) I used to play with my sister....even though when it was my turn, all i did was jump and get killed without moving.....

Later on, I got Sega Genisis and my tiny brain made me like it better. Later on, my brain got bigger and I got an N^$! Then it has begun again!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 06:17:37 AM »
When I was 2 or 3, my parents would play Mario 1 and I was afraid of it.  I would run out of the room.  Then later I watched them play and they let me play once, but I was so young I just randomly pushed the buttons on the controller.  At about age 4 or 5, I loved the game, but I wanted to see other worlds.  My parents always skipped from 1 to 4, and then from 4 to 8 with the warp zones.  Then we got Mario 2 and 3, but didn't get a Super Nintendo until the year 2000.  (Really!)

Now I "hack" Mario games.  That means I change the levels with a level editor, and play the games on an emulator.  And every hack I make lacks the warp from 4 to 8, from resentment of my parents skipping everything!

Microsoft X-Box unanimously voted "Worst Game Console There Ever Was And Ever Will Be"
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 10:53:13 AM »
I remember (but very vaugly) when i played Super Mario Bros. for the first time. It was at my neighbor's home (my mom and I lived in a small apartment at the time; at first I watched them play it, but then I played it and I immediately got hooked!

Since that time, I bugged my mom to get me an NES. So one day (in 1990), we went to a toy store and my mom bought me an NES with the following games:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Ninja Turtles

and a few others...

I later got Super Mario Bros. 2 for Christmas. But I have never owned Super Mario Bros. 1 (until I got it for Game Boy Color...)

After my NES, I got a Super Nintendo. I got the best two games that were out for it at that time: Super Mario All-Stars, and Super Mario World.

I then got rid of my Super Ninmtnedo a few years later (in 1997?). I then recieved an N64 for Christmas of that year (it was actually me and my 9-year-old sister's). I liked playing it... But then I got it taken away for some odd reason.

Last year, in 2001, I had begged my mom to buy me a new N64. I told her I would giver her my PlayStation if she got me one. My mom agreed and I got the N64  that Christmas with two games: Super Mario 64, and Donkey Kong 64. I was so happy!

I still have my N64, along with the new PS1 (I hardly ever play it), and a Sega DreamCast (wich I'm getting bored with...).

The system i play the most is my N64. That's probably why the analog stick of the controller is so loose, because I use it so much when I play my N64 games!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 03:14:24 PM »
i dunno how old i was...but my uncle <?> gave me and my bro a nes for xmas
the only game i had was smb3
man...we couldn't pass it and got so angry
anyway..later we got a snes and a buncha games
next we got a n64 w/mario64 and mariokart64
then we got a buncha games
now we have a snes, 64, and gamecube all hooked up to one tv
i play all the time
nintendo is groovy!
<we finally passed smb3 sometime this year!>

____
''''dig it, cats and kittens''''>>>neutrino (tmnt)

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 07:11:48 PM »
Millionare, you hack games? Do you have a website with them on it? I like hacked Mario games.

Ciao!- LuigiMario333
frostbite, destroy VidioGameConspericy!
*frostbite destroys him*
YAY!

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2002, 06:14:43 AM »
LuigiMario, I don't have my own site but I have a hack which is on www.cg-games.net.  It is called SMB-NEXT and is a hack of SMB1.  I may place future hacks on this site as well.

Microsoft X-Box unanimously voted "Worst Game Console There Ever Was And Ever Will Be"
Why is the word ''dictionary'' in the dictionary? If you don't know what a dictionary is, you wouldn't know to look in the dictionary to find the definition of dictionary.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2002, 08:57:15 PM »
You want to know whhen I got "introduced to Mario"? when i came home from the hospital after birth. Of course I was 0 and my brother was only 2, and I remember for like 9 years in Super Mario Brothers 1 I couldn't even get past that first Goomba... I didn't end up beating it until like November 2001, some 14 years later...

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2002, 10:15:30 PM »
I got a SNES for Christmas back in '93, and voila, Super Mario World awaited me.
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2002, 11:06:31 PM »
ever since i was born sniff those were the good ol days  oh i sure miss the super mario show SNIFFF!!!

00 boo : double o boo
visit my website at
00boo.tripod.com/00boo

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2002, 09:54:38 AM »
I first got hooked on Mario When I was three. I picked up the NES controller and made Mario run as fast as he could into a Goomba and since then I've been collecting every Mario game they make.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
It is I the Big Bad Bowser!

Edited by - BigBadBowser on 3/2/2002 8:01:52 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
It is I the Big Bad Bowser!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2002, 02:54:09 PM »
 I think the 1st mario game i played was super Mario World......when I was about 1 or 2.

Dear God! Im flat!
Hello.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2002, 03:03:24 PM »
Exact same answer as Paper Mario.

Mario: I think it's TIME to kill Bowser. Who's agree?!Homer Simpson: Me! I hate that frog. But...not when mix with some horses carrots.  Mario: Who are you?!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Yes, I am F-Man from TUNMB.
I like this site by the way,
can I?

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2002, 06:15:50 PM »
For me, it was playing Super Mario Land on my friend's Gameboy Pocket.

Print