Print

Author Topic: SMS: the Green Yoshi & the Book in the Bottle  (Read 5567 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: December 23, 2002, 08:12:48 PM »
I posted this previously in general chat, but the links weren't working (yahoo/geocities said my data transfer was to high).  That is fixed now, and since these are mario related I thought I should have posted them in this "General Mario chat" in the first place.

First of all, Green Yoshi IS in SMS.  See my screenshots at

http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/greenyoshi.htm

-----

Also, you can get the book at the bottom of the red coin bottle by getting all 51 gold coins then getting the shine sprite. After getting the shine you appear back in Noki Bay talking to the old man. He says something like, "I forgot that was in there.  I will sell it to you for 100 gold coins." After talking to him get at least 49 coins so that your total is 100. Do not get the shine sprite for 100 coins, instead talk to the old man again and he will take 100 coins and give you the book. He then says something like, "I hope this helps." Then you are sent back to the pipe that enters Noki Bay from Delfino Island like normal. Push the Z button and now the book appears at the bottom center of the screen with the word Click! below it. Click on it and it shows the names of all the worlds like clicking on the shine does, except there are 30 dots for each world and blue coins for the ones you have already collected, and at the bottom it shows the total number of blue coins you've collected. The screenshot and more info is at

http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/SMSbook.htm
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 09:09:29 PM »
And why would I want to know this? Orange Yoshi is a lot cooler than Green Yoshi in my opinion. Ah well.

Seems you know a lot of neat secrets in SMS. If I had this game (or this system), I'd check them out.

I'm more of a YI glitch person myself. I found a ton of them (At least 8-10) in that game, but then that would drag this well off-topic, so I won't even bother.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 09:54:56 PM »
Keep 'em coming, Luigison! These are some neat things you're finding.

--------------------
MarioBros of the past is Watoad of the future. That is to say, I changed my user name from MarioBros to Watoad.
[I will stop using this signature once I deem that my name change is well enough understood by everyone who cares.]
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2002, 12:06:00 AM »
Well then! I'll have to go get that book!
Ha ha. Ya dirty rotten liar.

If people don`t appreciate good taste, that`s their own problem.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/23/2002 10:09:34 PM
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2002, 03:01:35 AM »
??? "Dirty rotten liar"? What are you talking about?

--------------------
MarioBros of the past is Watoad of the future. That is to say, I changed my user name from MarioBros to Watoad.
[I will stop using this signature once I deem that my name change is well enough understood by everyone who cares.]
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2002, 08:43:38 AM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2002, 12:44:06 AM »
Umm, yeah. I was referring to Luigison. Lightly, of course.

If people don`t appreciate good taste, that`s their own problem.
That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2002, 12:44:11 PM »
I hope this doesn't start another "Luigi in Mario 64"-type thing.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2002, 04:12:33 PM »
Where is the Green Yoshi!?
 n/a

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2002, 06:48:21 PM »
I posted screen shots and descriptions of how I got green Yoshi at http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/greenyoshi.htm

Simply, When you hatch a yoshi, he is a specific color depending on the fruit you feed him.  Just before he dies (goes back to the egg) he turns back green and flashes for a second.  Then he turn into little (mostly) green sphere before he goes back to the egg with green spots on it.  So, I theorize that he is always green, but is painted with the fruit you give him.  

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2002, 01:25:14 AM »
Like Roy (from BORED)!
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2002, 01:49:16 PM »
CW, ???

Deezer, Luigi is also in SMS.  Take the book as described above to the guy on the pier that gives shine sprites for blue coins.  He will say something like, "A guy that looks like you wearing green overalls was looking for that book."  When you have all of the blue coins, trade them for shines.  Then kill Bowser and get all 120 sprites, the back of the statue says,"Luigi in 128." Go back to the hut and Luigi will be there.  You can know play as Luigi.

I had my tonque in my check, but I was laughing so hard I bit it.  LOL!

Edited by - Luigison on 12/27/2002 12:05:26 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2002, 12:32:34 AM »
You had your tonque in check?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2002, 12:38:14 AM »
And by the way, what's a tonque?!?
And I "know" I can not play as Luigi... hoo boy.

Oh, and Roy is an Orange Yoshi (see BORED-MKIII GX for the current story) and he occasionally paints himself blue or some other color. (Usually blue though, I think.)

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 12/27/2002 10:39:50 PM
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2002, 06:41:40 PM »
To C. W.: Na. Red is far more common. Read the other parts.

To Luigison:

1. You wouldn't understand. Trust me.

2. I know that's fake. I don't even have SMS, but I know it's fake.

And I am excepting a sarcastic comment about that ... comment. Something along the lines of "You didn't have to point it out; anyone with half a brain could figure that out." Or something like that.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Print