Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 5  (Read 4464 times)

« on: July 31, 2003, 09:26:36 AM »
Check out this preview I found.

Editorial Reviews

From the Manufacturer

Mario and his closest friends are trying to restore peace to Dream World by racing around a collection of all new game boards and tons of surprises await! Mario Party 5 sports new game boards, more than 60 new mini games, new playable characters, an , and, of course, the multi-player madness that made it famous in the first place. This sequel extends Mario Party''s reign as the king of the party game! New game boards and over 60 new mini games put your button mashing skills to the test. Players duke it out in traditional, new duel, or everyone vs Bowser mini-games. A new system changes the location of event spaces, adding a whole new dimension to the game boards! More of your favorite characters are coming to the party. New and expanded roles for Toad, Koopa Kid, and others. The single-player Story Mode unfolds much faster than before. You'll play against the Koopa Kid Brigade-a trio of Koopa Kids who take their turns simultaneously, cutting down significantly on the wait time and letting you get back to the action more quickly.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 11:52:21 AM »
Cool. Do you know when it's supposed to be released?

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 12:16:02 PM »
November 11.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 12:19:12 PM »
I don't think I'll get it. It seems just like the same old Mario Party, which is getting kinda stale. :(

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 12:29:13 PM »
Yeah, I know. I'll probably get it for Christmas. At least there's new characters.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 06:40:59 PM »
Yeah, it gets kinda old.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 08:45:13 PM »
Woah! Super Mario! I remember you!

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 06:16:01 AM »
The new characters are probably Diddy Kong, and Birdo.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 09:51:53 AM »
No, you can use other characters that have been more "staff" in Mario party games, like koopa and toad.  I don't remember who else, though.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 02:15:51 AM »
Aaaaah! Yet ANOTHER Mario Party Game! What Next, Mario Party 986!

With all the time Ninty made these Party/Golf/Tennis/etc games, they could have made even around 10 Mario 64 Sequils.

Still, I Like Mario RPG & Paper Mario And of course the Mario Kart Games though.
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2003, 07:22:20 AM »
No, Mario Party 6 would be next.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2003, 08:27:47 AM »
Hey, Supershine! Is the "986" in your name your birth month and year? (Welcome to the boards, BTW )

--------------------

Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2003, 09:43:03 AM »
It's My faverotue number for some strange reason. I like it.

Nine Hundred And Eighty Six!
"Powemaster Optimus Prime, Greatest Leader Of His Time"

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2003, 11:36:53 AM »
Hmmm. Personally I like the number 71. (Welcome to the boards.)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2003, 12:27:13 AM »
Listen up Sunshine, the making of Mario Golf/Party/Tennis games doesn't affect the making of sequels to Mario 64. Camelot makes Mario Golf and tennis, and Hudson makes Mario Party 4. Nintendo makes main Mario games such as Mario 64, so it wouldn't make a difference. I for one like the Multiplayer Mario games. Mario Tennis is great. I got Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour recentlly and it's awesome. I'm looking forward to Mario Party 5. So keep in mind, next time you wanna insult a game, make sure you got yer facts straight.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print