Print

Author Topic: Why no NSMB on Gamecube  (Read 7626 times)

volbound1700

• Banned
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »
I really think Nintendo blew it by not putting the New Super Mario Brothers on Gamecube as well as DS.  A lot of people have cube but no DS. 
Go Vols!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 11:08:10 PM »
A lot of people have DS but no cube.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »
I wasn't debating taken it off of DS... I just thought it should have been on both Cube and DS. 

I also wish they would bring back the Bowser Kids from SMB3 and SMW, so much better then the stupid Bowser Jr. Crap.
Go Vols!

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
GameCube is pretty obsolete.
Unsupported if anything.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »
Blew what? NSMB sold like hotcakes. A lot more people have DS than GameCube.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:23 AM »
I'd buy NSMB again just to be able to play it on a TV. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
Again, he wasn't debating taken it off of DS. I kind of like the idea. I know I would have bought the GCN version if given the choices.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »
Not to go off-topic, but I had a question for everyone:

If Mario Sunshine and NSMB switched consoles, which would sell more?

It's shameful, but I know I'd buy the DS and a GCN version if were possible. I guess that follows the logic of Mario & Sonic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:22:49 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 10:13:03 AM »
I dunno, I would kind of expect certain things from a modern console game, you know, like ... 10x the length. If it were DS-price but still on GCN that might be something there.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 10:15:34 AM »
So Viewtiful Joe should have been 10x longer too?

Screw length, I don't have nearly enough time to play every game at current length standards anyway. Make them all like 4 hours long please, developers!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 10:20:33 AM »
VJ was hard enough that it didn't have to be super long.
Although, come to think of it, I never thought Luigi's Mansion was short.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 10:32:23 AM »
VJ is so easy on Adult I don't even die anymore, ever. Heck, it even has a way to not lose health when you get hit. But I'm not complaining about that, either. Easy games are pretty nice to calmly play through sometimes.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 11:48:24 AM »
They should make a "DS Player" for the Wii like the Game Boy Player. Then you could play NSMB on Wii (possibly with a GC controller).

Then again, the fact that the DS has two screens would make it rather...complicated.

I'd really like playing M&L: Partners in Time on the big screen though...I always liked putting M&L: Superstar Saga in the GB Player, plugging in two controllers, and playing co-op with my friends.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »
Hey, that's a pretty nifty idea! The MLSS coop part.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:44 PM »
Yeah, two of my friends came up with the idea and they showed it to me. I quickly became addicted. ^_^

One person's leading, and each player uses only the A (Mario) or B (Luigi) buttons. Not a true two-player mode, but it's very fun.

And now I can't do it because I LOST the stupid GB Player disk. >_<
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Print