Poll

What's better? Being able to play as Yoshi, or being able to ride him?

Play
Ride
Print

Author Topic: Yoshi: Playable or ridable?  (Read 8139 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »
So you'd rather ride Yoshi because Toad wasn't given his own spin-of franchise? :\

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »
Well I prefer playing as him cause more oppertunities come.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 02:41:29 PM »
Play as him, really. If you think about it, the fact that in some games, Yoshi is solo, but in others (actually... only two, really) he's hunched over and being ridden by Mario, it's kinda disturbing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
I chose play, because, in general, when you play as Yoshi, you can do all the things you can do when you're riding him, plus more.  Playing as him is the whole package.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »
I'm very picky, so I'm not going to vote. It's just so hard to choose between the two. I mean, riding Yoshi is just so awesome, but so is playing with him. I mean, the two SMWs are great games, and they have Yoshi as ridable in one (both, sorta), and playable in the other. A 50:50 ratio of ride to play is pretty good.

Sqrt2

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 07:31:19 AM »
As long as it's not Yoshi's Universal Gravitation, I'd rather play as him than be able to ride him.
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 05:03:43 PM »
^ Ya mean "Topsy-Turvy"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 06:29:57 PM »
No, it was called Yoshi's Universal Gravitation everywhere but North America. (I think Universal Gravitation was a better name.)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »
It was.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
So you'd rather ride Yoshi because Toad wasn't given his own spin-of franchise? :\

Well, no. I've never heard of a spin-of franchise before in my life, first off. :D

Seriously, I've always felt that Yoshi in general was a little gimicky (he can fly, but only if you find this colored shell or are riding this colored Yoshi). Why can't he throw eggs and butt slam while Mario is riding him? Why does he spit juice and die in water in SMS? Where was he during the events of Luigi's Mansion?

Of course, I do realise the same arguements could be used against Toad (if there are 3 items, how come we only get to pick one box?) but this isn't a Toad discussion.

My opinion of Yoshi has never been very high. If he was so brave to help the Mario Bros, how come he runs away at the slightest hit? If he can throw eggs in some games, why can't he throw eggs in all games*?

*I know the egg throwing idea came way after some of the games came out.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 07:41:04 PM »
Maybe Yoshi doesn't want to throw eggs! Perhaps he's too lazy to lay any.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 09:14:42 PM »
My opinion of Yoshi has never been very high. If he was so brave to help the Mario Bros, how come he runs away at the slightest hit?
I'd run, too, if an old man on by back were no good at guiding me away from enemies. I wouldn't very well want him to make me run into more!
Be glad I'm not a Yoshi. I'd stage a rebellion and have my kind eat all humans. Heh heh heh heh... If I weren't such a soft pushover...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2007, 09:17:58 PM »
I am glad that you are not a Yoshi, Bird Person. Then your user name wouldn't make any sense. You'd have to change it to Bird Yoshi or Yoshi Person.

Though, if we were actually what our usernames are, I would be Toad, the world's greatest mushroom retainer (THE Toad, not one of the millions of mushroom people that live in the kingdom).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 06:51:17 PM »
When I was 10, I always wished I had a Yoshi.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »
So did I! Then they taught us about slavery in colonial America and how important equal rights for everyone are. Now I wish I knew a Yoshi.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print