Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 64 completed with 0 stars  (Read 8880 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 12:33:38 AM »
I saw this on YouChew Poop's forums, and I instantly faved it on my alt YouTube account!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »
Yeah, I knew it was one of the DDDs.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 01:17:52 PM »
It said at the beggining it was tool assisted, meaning he used a cheat or hacking device. ToadsTool is one of them, there are others he could've used though.
Tool-assisted means he used an emulator with slow-motion and savestate capabilities. Basically, he is playing SM64 in slo-mo and messing up/re-recording.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »
I was more surprised by how effortlessly the guy sped through the Bowser levels. Even with it being tool-assisted, it's amazing that it's possible to get through the worlds that fast. My favorite part was the jumping along the fringe of the lava pool to get to the other side. I always knew you could somehow use that narrow platform.

I'd like to see a similar tool-assisted thing for speeding to the top of Tick Tock Clock.
You didn't say wot wot.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »
Well, there's a 120 star speedrun video on the site, which should include Tick Tock Clock.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
I'm amazed no one has (yet) found a way to beat SM64 without defeating Bowser those first two times.

Well, I got pretty close. On the DS version, I used the tree glitch and beat the game without beating the first Bowser.

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 06:53:34 AM »
Well, I got pretty close. On the DS version, I used the tree glitch and beat the game without beating the first Bowser.
!

Elaborate, please.

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »
!

Elaborate, please.

(You need have to have the moat not dried for this to work) Well, I used the trick where you dive and you fall so that you're holding the tree with most of your body in the ground. Let go, then you'll be in the water under the ground. Now, swim so that you go under where the door to the basement is. Swim so that you're under that, so that you don't get out of the glitch. Now, swim far until the ground disappears. Now, swim up so that you go behind the steel door. Behold, you're in the basement!

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »
Wait, so it's possible to beat the game with 1 star? How so??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »
Holy shish-kabobs! I read how they did it, but I'm really amazed
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:20 AM »
That was amazing!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
I thought it was going to be the old get-to-the-top-of-the-castle-without-any-stars trick.

I am just disappointed that it was tool-assisted. I like watching pure speed runs, not with assistance.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print