Print

Author Topic: Starman Jr. Drew Near!  (Read 4206 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: December 25, 2007, 12:16:45 AM »
Oh my.

Sketch.

The first "Boss Battle" in EarthBound, in which Starman Junior can't even hurt you thanks to Buzz Buzz's PSI Shield Σ. Ness wields his Cracked Bat, Pokey does nothing useful, and Picky at least tries to help. Two other games make cameos here, one rather obvious and the other a bit harder to see.

Sorry for not resizing it in this post. It looks so much smaller on my laptop's screen... Hooray for high-resolution screens!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:58:50 PM »
Remind me to make Starmen.net pay for what they did to you.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »
What 2 other games have the cameos?

Oh nice drawing by the way. Looks neat!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 05:29:05 PM »
Don't turn your back on Pokey Ness! He's nothing but pure evil!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »
There's a Ice Climber eggplant on the right dude's jacket.

I think the second game reference has something to do with the moon but I can't see clearly enough.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 06:50:13 PM »
The moon has the face of Giygas in it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
The other one's Zelda-related.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »
It's gotta have something to do with the sign by the house but I can't see clearly enough.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:56:25 PM »
Actually, I'm pretty sure the house is just Liar X. Agerate's house and the sign is nothing special. I could be wrong though. As for a Zelda reference, the moon might be grinning, but I think someone already said that it has Giygas's face in it. Wait though, does Giygas have a face? I mean, maybe Giegue, but not Giygas.

Yes, I consider Giegue and Giygas to be somewhat separate entities. Kinda like Ganon and Ganondorf.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 10:00:26 PM »
Giygas does have a face:

Well, sort of. Look really hard at the moon and you'll see him.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 10:54:20 PM »
Giygas has no face in that form. In that form, Giygas is basically the incarnation of evil and hatred. Any resemblence to anything is just how you interpret that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:55 PM »
Well, it kinda looks like a face. Physically, he isn't anything, but at least what's left of him manifests itself into a "face".

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »
The sign says exactly what it says in the game (I did type it out and stuff but it's pretty impossible to tell).
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 07:31:29 AM »
I'd love to have a jacket like the one Picky is wearing.

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »
Oh, duh. I just found it!

Print